Profile for Mrs. Gail Brewster > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Gail Brewster

Mrs. Gail Brewster (Doncaster UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Don't Toss the Juicer Pulp: 21 Healthy Juice Recipes and 21 Juicer Pulp Recipes
Don't Toss the Juicer Pulp: 21 Healthy Juice Recipes and 21 Juicer Pulp Recipes

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good recipes, 17 April 2015
I've read pulp recipe ideas before and never been impressed by them I usually ended up with tasteless and dried out lumps of something but I am pleasantly surprised by the recipes in this book,the author gives the juice recipe first explaining the health benefits and then a recipe on how to use the pulp in some very tasty ways. This also saves you money and is greatly beneficial for health. She also has some ideas on how to beat cravings.

Dimensions Counted Cross Stitch Kit, Welcome Each New Day
Dimensions Counted Cross Stitch Kit, Welcome Each New Day
Offered by supermart USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely kit, 10 April 2015
Lovely kit everything is provided with clear instructions and pattern. Delivered promptly.

Philips GC2040/20 Easy Speed Steam Iron, 270 ml, 2100 Watt - Blue
Philips GC2040/20 Easy Speed Steam Iron, 270 ml, 2100 Watt - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars The cable could be longer, 2 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What I find irritating about most irons is the length of the cord and I'm afraid that this iron is no exception. Manufacturers don't take into consideration 'where' you might be ironing - for example if I iron in my kitchen the sockets are above the worktops or behind the fridge so I have the worktop or the fridge and then the ironing board to stretch the iron around but the iron cable doesn't reach the full length of my ironing board so I struggle to iron long items such as dresses. If I iron in the bedroom the sockets are on the skirting boards so I have to position the ironing board as close to the wall as possible in order to use the full length of the ironing board - If the cord was about a metre or so longer it would be perfect.
Otherwise this iron is great. It gets hot almost immediately, the weight is just right and the handle is easy to grip. The water filling point is very easy to open and wide enough to pour water straight from the tap into the iron. the water reservoir is transparent so you can see how much water is left in the iron. All of the ironing temperature numbers are clearly printed and there is an arrow point (which could be more clearly marked) to show where the temperature gauge is set. The sole plate is lovely and smooth and the shape of it is really good for getting into tight areas such as between buttons etc. The extra steam and spray buttons are easily operated and the stand at the back of the iron makes it very stable when it is stood up.

Bakers Dentacrunch Chicken and Country Vegetables Dry Dog Food 1 kg (Pack of 4)
Bakers Dentacrunch Chicken and Country Vegetables Dry Dog Food 1 kg (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves really enjoys this dog food, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have a 5 year old Fox hound who is very particular in what he eats but he enjoys this dog food very much and drops his dish at my feet to give him some more.. He's not interested in the ratio of meat to vegetables he just gets tucked in and clears his bowl every time. I have to give him an additional ration of meat once a week because I was advised to do so by my vet. We have only been using this food for two weeks but I have already noticed that his teeth are whiter and cleaner and he doesn't have 'doggy breath' any more. His coat is gleaming so I believe that the nutritional balance of this food must be just right. I have tried him with other dried dog foods and he left most of it in the bowl and would put his head down and sulk when he had no option but to eat it. ( He's a proper character)

Organic Cacao Nibs 1 kg Raw Criollo Cocoa Nibs Organic Certified by the Soil Association - PINK SUN
Offered by PINK SUN Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 Mar. 2015
Great product with delicious flavour in easy seal package. Speedy delivery as well.

Janlynn Lighthouses Counted Cross Stitch Kit 6"X21" 14 Count 13-0229
Janlynn Lighthouses Counted Cross Stitch Kit 6"X21" 14 Count 13-0229

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pattern, 16 Mar. 2015
This is a beautiful pattern and everything is provided to make this wonderful cross-stitch picture and all I need now is a frame to put it in.

Thinkrolls
Thinkrolls

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant educational applications for all ages, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Thinkrolls (App)
This is a brilliant educational applications for all ages, I got it for my 3year-old grandson he loves it but the whole family have given it a try. It is very simple in construction but takes a few tries to get it right. It really makes you use your brain.

Tefal Pressure Cooker Clipso +
Tefal Pressure Cooker Clipso +

5.0 out of 5 stars A breeze compared to the old type, 11 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used to be terrified of my mothers old pressure cooker, it was very heavy and had two long handles that you had to align the lid with the handles and then force it into closed position then add the weights on top and almost break your arms carrying it to the sink to pour cold water on it to let the steam out and then struggle again with the handles to open it- I hated it. Compared to that, this one is a breeze.

It is very good quality but is not as heavy as my mothers old pressure cooker but still robust due to the necessary construction but the fold down side handles make it much easier and safer to carry from hob to sink. There are no weights to add, it is just a simple red knob on top of the lid that turns to one of three icons depicting the type of food you are cooking such as a chicken for meat; one for vegetables and one for steam release and a blob for the start of the cooking procedure. The lid is very easy to put on and the handle located on the top of the pan is put down or lifted up to open and close it.

Although I am vegan I cook a lot of meat curries and stews for others in my family of six and this pan halves the time I usually spend waiting for the meat to cook and tenderise, which makes it an invaluable addition to my pan collection.

The capacity is 6 litres which is plenty big enough for a good size stew for 4 to 6 people (depending on your appetite). The instructions are contained in a little booklet with English version at the back. They are easy to follow but take time to read them because they give extra safety instructions such as not adding salt to the dish until it is cooked, they show how to clean and maintain you pressure cooker and how to check the safety valve before use. It also gives 9 recipes to start you off - Vegetable soup: Citrus fish parcels: Spring Navarin lamb stew: Pot roast pork: Pot-au-feu beef stew: Basque chicken: Ratatouille: Pilaf rice: Caramelised three apple compote and Creme caramels. There is also a chart at the back of the booklet showing the cooking times required for individual foods and a set of 'Golden rules when pressure cooking' on the very last page.

Braun SE830 Face Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush Premium Edition
Braun SE830 Face Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush Premium Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars The epilator hurts a bit but the cleansing brush is very relaxing., 26 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Epilator comes in a nice presentation package which would make a nice gift. The box contains the epilator; a facial cleansing brush; a mirror with light; a cleaning brush; a cover and a zipped bag to hold everything together. The instructions are comprehensive and in several languages.

The gadget is very well made and comfortable to hold. It is ready to use straight out of the box, there is no need to put batteries in or anything. The on/off switch is situated in the middle of the handle and simply slides right or left with off being in the centre. The epilator can be used on most parts of the face but you can't shape your eyebrows with it. It tells you to only use it above the eyebrows and between them but not to shape them. It also suggests that you start by using it on your chin which is what I did and found that it wasn't too bad, I was expecting it to hurt much more but when I tried it on my upper lip it did hurt more but wasn't too bad between and above my eyebrows. It works very well and removed all of the fine hairs and also the odd bristle that I've found sprouting on my chin. (old age is so elegant!).

The cleansing brush is my favourite, I expected it to be rough and make my face sore but it was very relaxing and cleaned my face leaving it looking and feeling smooth and fresh. To use the brush you simply pull the epilator head off the stem and push the brush onto it.
The lid only fits onto the epilator part of the gadget so you have to pull off the brush to store it.
the mirror is great. It has a built in light. The batteries are already in it so no messing about needed. I checked to see what type of batteries it needed just in case and had a real struggle taking off the cover. It uses 3 small round GP189 alkaline cells.
The epilator comes with a 24month replacement warranty and you can purchase spare brush heads which they recommend you change every 3 months but they are very well made so I think they would last longer than that even with daily usage.

Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 4.2 g, Nude Attitude
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 4.2 g, Nude Attitude

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK but not fantastic, 25 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually like Revlon lipsticks but I don't like the colour on this one, it reminds me of old fashioned pan makeup.
It didn't last more than two hours or so before I had to reapply it. I also found that I had to apply several coats to get a colour on my lips. It is more matte than lustrous and all in all it didn't suit my colour complexion because I suffer from facial redness.

One positive was that it didn't crack into the sides of my mouth and it didn't feel dry but I will stick to the darker colours in the Revlon range.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20