ARRAY(0xa845ea08)

Profile for Mrs. Gail Brewster > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Gail Brewster

Mrs. Gail Brewster (Doncaster UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Clemmy Plus Play Set Petrol Station (15 Pieces)
Clemmy Plus Play Set Petrol Station (15 Pieces)
Price: 9.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough blocks in the set, 7 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Most of the blocks are made of a soft rubbery material and fit together well but some shapes such as the roof sign, petrol pump, door and window are made of hard plastic that doesn't stay attached to the rubber ones.

The bricks are colourful and easily handled by our 18 month and two year old grandsons but there aren't enough bricks in the box to keep their attention, they ended up ignoring the bricks and just playing with the truck.

I was also concerned that the wheels and winch were not already attached to the truck but were enclosed in a small plastic bag. When I took them out to attach, our youngest grandson picked them up and put them straight into his mouth, which could have presented a choking hazard.

The stickers are tricky to put on unless you have dexterous fingers and once they are on they are difficult to get off again.

I think that the price should be a bit lower and the packaging a bit less. When I opened that box the bricks only filled the lower half of it which seemed a bit wasteful.

Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Jumbo Baby Playmat
Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Jumbo Baby Playmat
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online
Price: 41.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Really handy for outdoors when the sun is shining, 7 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This play mat is a very good size - 101.6cm x147.3cm aprox(40inch x 58 nches)-about the size of a picnic blanket, which makes it ideal for outdoors as well as indoors. It has some beautiful bright colours and characters that attract the attention of babies and toddlers and there's room enough for an adult to sit with them. The back of the mat is plain blue.

The characters depicted range from a blue elephant with a big floppy ear, which has plastic type paper inside that crunches and crackles when baby grabs it; to butterflies, a monkey, rabbit, crab, octopus, zebra, whale, crocodile and sea-lion, there's also a lion, penguin and duck sat in a boat.

There are two teething toys included in the shape of frog and fish and also a mirror. There are five velcro tags attached to the mat so that you can attach your own toys.

The mat is machine washable on cool wash and can be tumble dried on low heat. It contains a polyester batting which gives that little bit of padding and is made in china.

The only negative thing about the mat is that is a bit slippery - when baby pushes herself up on her hands, she slides back down but she is getting used to that and has found a comical way to belly crawl to the different toys. The toddlers have no problem with the mat and love sitting and playing on it.

Dove Maximum Protection Go Fresh Cucumber and Green Tea Antiperspirant Deodorant Cream 45ml
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely fresh perfume, 9 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I suffer from hypersensitivity and have to be really careful about the products that I chose. I wasn't sure which anti-perspirant deodorant would be suitable for me so I tested Dove maximum protection and Sure women Maximum protection sensitive.

Both are Unilever products made in the Philippines. They have identical applicators, which I have come to dislike because any form of debris trapped on the skin such as bits of lint from clothes or bed linen gets trapped in the holes and are a pain to get out of the applicator.

You have to twist the bottom of the applicator for about 30 seconds when you first use it and then twice to squeeze the right amount of deodorant through the holes to apply to the skin.

The instructions state that the product should be applied to the underarms before going to bed for optimal effect and that it provides scientifically proven wetness protection, which lasts throughout the following day, even after a shower. I've always gone to bed au-natural and never considered using a deodorant at bedtime but I tried it and it does work without too much irritation.

Both products are equally good at controlling wetness so 10 out of 10 on that score, however, I found that Sure, which has a very subtle scent, doesn't mask odour as well as the Dove, which has a lovely fresh cucumber & green tea scent.

Sure washes away quickly in the shower but Dove seems to leave a slightly sticky residue and is more difficult to wash off in the shower.

Both Sure and Dove have been dermatologically tested but I found that Sure started to itch and irritate me a little after three days but I haven't experienced any problems with the Dove.

All in all both are very good antiperspirants but I am opting for Dove as my favourite.

Sure Women Maximum Protection Sensitive Dry Antiperspirant Deodorant Cream 45ml
Sure Women Maximum Protection Sensitive Dry Antiperspirant Deodorant Cream 45ml
Price: 4.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Good antiperspirant but not as good deodarant, 9 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I suffer from hypersensitivity and have to be really careful about the products that I chose. I wasn't sure which anti-perspirant deodorant would be suitable for me so I tested Sure women Maximum protection sensitive against Dove maximum protection.

You have to twist the bottom of the applicator for what seemed like forever when you first use it and then twice to squeeze the right amount of deodorant through the holes to apply on the skin.

The instructions state that the product should be applied to the underarms before going to bed for optimal effect and that it provides scientifically proven wetness protection, which lasts throughout the following day, even after a shower. I've always gone to bed Au-natural and never considered using a deodorant at bedtime before but I tried it and it does work without too much irritation.

I found that both products are equally good at controlling wetness so 10 out of 10 on that score, however, I found that Sure, which has a very subtle scent, doesn't mask odour as well as the Dove, which has a lovely fresh cucumber & green tea scent.

LEIFHEIT LINOMATIC L500 ROTARY DRYER
LEIFHEIT LINOMATIC L500 ROTARY DRYER
Offered by Hinrich Kiel GmbH + Co KG
Price: 100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of drying space, 26 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My last rotary airer was a nightmare. It looked a mess, you needed arms like Superman to open it up; the lines got tangled every time I closed it and I had to spend at least 15 minutes de-tangling and cleaning them before I could hang my clothes out. The lines stretched when I hung heavy items like jeans which often ended up dragging on the floor and finally one of the plastic arms broke off so I couldn't use it at all.

I was a bit reluctant to try another as they are quite expensive items but with limited drying space I had no option. I read a few of the reviews for this item and to be honest some of them aren't very good but I can honestly say that I've got nothing but praise for this airer.

I was surprised how big the item was when delivered, it measured 90 inches by 6 inches square approx (2.28m x 1.5mm). The packaging wasn't at all excessive and was easily opened with the aid of scissors.

A fixing tube was included which measures about 10 3/4 inch (25cm) long, which has a very useful cap that keeps dirt out when the airer is taken out. This had to be cemented into the ground before I could use the airer but only took a day to set so it wasn't a problem.

This airer is very easy to open, you just pull a string and it glides up easily and locks into position. To close it, you pull a lever. The lines retract into the aluminium arms so they are clean and ready to use every time you open it. It looks smart, there are no dangling lines and there's loads of drying space, (50 metres) I've found that It can hold three washer loads with no problem.

It comes with a 3 year guarantee and there are a few accessories that can be purchased separately such as a cover; centering ground peg and small item holder for socks and coat hangers.

In fact the only downside of this airer is that the string pull is very long and doesn't retract but I wrap it around the top of the pole and it stays there until I'm finished with it. I think this is an excellent product and if it lasts three years I will certainly be very pleased.

Hello Kitty Musical Cot Mobile
Hello Kitty Musical Cot Mobile
Offered by Nest Shop
Price: 37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous baby shower gift, 21 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous mobile; it is easy to fix onto the cot with a large easy to grasp screw-in handle.

It is very well made and covered with pink check material. The carousel holds 2 butterfly shapes, 2 heart shapes and a little kitty doll shape in the centre. The mobile is rotated by the musical box. I don't know if they all play the same song but this plays `..If that diamond ring don't shine...' I don't know the exact title but it's a very pleasant tinkling and once wound to the top it plays for around 3 to 4 minutes. The baby is usually asleep after two winding's.

There is a warning on the box that you must move the mobile once the baby can crawl to avoid strangulation. I think this is the manufacturer being particularly cautious as there isn't that much dangling that the baby could wrap around her neck but I will move it higher and out of reach once she is crawling just to be on the safe side.

This would make an ideal baby shower or christening gift.

Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Sterilisation Bags
Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Sterilisation Bags
Price: 9.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to use when visiting, 21 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an Ideal product to use when visiting or if you need to sterilise things in a hurry.

The bags are very similar to the `pour and store bags'. They hold 1 breast shield valve, membrane, milk bottle and cap or 2 breast shields, valves and membranes or 2 milk bottles and caps or breast pump tubing.

All you have to do is wash the parts in warm soapy water then rinse them and put them into the bags with either 60ml or 120ml water depending on what you are sterilizing and microwave 1.5 mins at 1100/watts or 3 mins at 800 -1100 watts or 5 mins at 500-750 watts.

You then pour the hot water out through the steam vent on side of pouch, open the bag and dry the outside of your equipment and it's ready for using again. The bags get very hot so you need to handle them with care.

The bags can be used 20 times, there are tick boxes on the front of the bags so you keep record of how many times you've used them.

The manufacturer states that this method of sterilization kills 99.9% bacteria and is a very efficient and safe method of cleaning. I therefore feel confident that it's safe to use for my baby's feeding equipment.

Clear instructions are given on the front of the bags and after 20 uses I've used them to store clean teats and bottles.

One downside is that the pouches only hold one 'normal' Tommy Teepee feeding bottle with teat but can hold two slimline ones.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars very good quality, 14 Mar 2013
This is extremely good quality tracing paper. I use it for dressmaking patterns. It has really good transparency. pencil marks rub out easily without leaving marks, it is fairly stiff and can handle a lot of pinning without tearing. I can recommend it to any dressmaker or draughtsman.

1 x Kodak C310 High Quality XL Compatible ink cartridge Kodak 30 Black replacement for Kodak printers ESP C100, C110, C115, C300, C310, C315, C330, C360, ESP Office 2100 AIO, 2150, 2170, HERO 3.1, HERO 5.1 All-in-One Printers by Printing Pleasure PP PREMIUM, FREE DELIVERY
Offered by Printing Pleasure
Price: 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as originals, 24 Jan 2013
I must admit that I was reluctant about using compatible ink cartridges for my Kodak ESP C310 because I've tried others in the past and experienced nothing but problems. However, money being tight after Christmas and the fact that the price for these was really good, I took a gamble and tried one black cartridge at first. It worked immediately without any of the annoying messages popping up on the printer telling me that I wasn't using original ink. The print quality seems to be just as good as the original Kodak cartridges(at least I can't tell the difference if there is one).

I've now tried both colour and black XL replacements and they work fine although I haven't tried to print any colour photos so I can't comment on the quality of those but for everyday colour printing on paper they have worked well.

Pampers Baby Dry Size 4+ (Maxi +) Giga Pack 124 Nappies
Pampers Baby Dry Size 4+ (Maxi +) Giga Pack 124 Nappies

5.0 out of 5 stars Better fit than previous, 24 Jan 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is giga pack contains four packs of 31 nappies - 124 in total and fit babies between 9 and 20kg. The only problem I have with these packs is that they are so tightly packed that it is difficult to get the first three or four out of the packet without a struggle and you definitely cant get them out one handed.

I must agree with Pampers that these are a better fitting nappy and they don't chaff around the baby's leg top like some elasticated leg types that I've had to use in the past. The nappies are surprisingly light and not as bulky as they used to be. I was skeptical as to whether or not they would hold as much urine as they claimed and keep baby dry all night but I'm pleased to say that they have kept my baby dry and he does wee a lot during the night. When I've changed him his bottom has been dry even though the nappy has been really heavy with pee. The nappies fit really well around the body so he's not had any accidents with poo slipping out of the sides either (gross I know but that's what babies do!)

All in all these are very good nappies and a good size pack which saves me running to the shop every two minutes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17