Profile for stephen pollard > Reviews

Content by stephen pollard

stephen pollard

Hannibal: Fields of Blood (Hannibal 2)
Hannibal: Fields of Blood (Hannibal 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars good story, 10 Jun 2014
This is a good story based on historic fact the two main characters are to some extent believable . how ever some of the adventures they get into are slightly unbelievable ,as an ex regular serviceman my self there is only so much that any commander will put up with an I am affraid that the story may become unbelievable . all together not a bad start to this series.

stephen pollard

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

5.0 out of 5 stars A variety of options on Kindle HDX, 10 Jun 2014
This item has provided more than I thought it would I am very pleased with it and I am learning more every day my original kindel was just for reading and this was a very good buy the HDX is as apush bike is to a rolls royce. Very pleased with both items over the moon with the HDX.
I purchased the HDX to use as an audio device I have trouble holding a book up to read and have been using audio books since I had a spinal injury that just wont get better . the HDX has brought far more into my life as a result of its multiple functions . Thank you Kindle.

Stephen Pollard

Hail Caesar (Wargaming)
Hail Caesar (Wargaming)
by Rick Priestley

5.0 out of 5 stars another good title, 9 July 2013
as stated in other reviews this team are excellent in there field I now have three publications by this author and would by more if I were to be interested in the period covered

Pike & Shotte: Battles with Model Soldiers in the 16th and 17th Centuries (Main Rule Book)
by Steve Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 9 July 2013
an excellent set of rules as expected the author produces good work on all levels any of the rule books from this team should be of this calibre

Parthian Dawn
Parthian Dawn

3.0 out of 5 stars good story poor proof reading, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Parthian Dawn (Kindle Edition)
the title says it all this was a very good story but the errors allowed through by the proof reader/ editor was very bad .my advice would be find a good proof reader befor you publish any more books this side of the process is letting the author down.

The Wee Free Men: (Discworld Novel 30) (Discworld Novels)
The Wee Free Men: (Discworld Novel 30) (Discworld Novels)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 4 April 2013
As all ways Mr Pratchett has produced a page turner I am a convert to this author having first read one of my sons books. I have been collecting the disc world books and look forward to each new story.

The Parthian
The Parthian

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read Poor English, 4 April 2013
This review is from: The Parthian (Kindle Edition)
If you intend reading this book be prepared for some very poor writing . the story is however very good giving a different view of ancient times . This is a welcome change from the mass of Roman based books .

European Medieval Tactics (2) (Elite)
European Medieval Tactics (2) (Elite)
by David Nicolle

5.0 out of 5 stars All ways worth buying, 4 April 2013
Osprey have the market well covered with factual history material all ways a good read. Pick your subject as if you are not fully interested in the subject they can be hard going . Illustrations excellent

Treasure Island
Treasure Island

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
Excellent classic adventure story. I never read this book until I retired from the Police . I intend working my way through all the classics .