Profile for colin gidley > Reviews

colin gidley

Anne Perry and the Murder of the Century
Anne Perry and the Murder of the Century
by Peter Graham

4.0 out of 5 stars I am still reading this excellent book. I have searched everywhere on our iPad ..., 29 Aug. 2015
I am still reading this excellent book. I have searched everywhere on our iPad for a photo of Honorah with no luck, would love to know what she looked like, although the description of her is pretty comprehensive. I pass her parents and her house on the Alcester Road quite often and it seems strange to think of her, Honorah, and the miserable life she was destined for with such a horrific and uncalled for ending.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2015 2:53 PM GMT

Handsome Brute: The True Story of a Ladykiller
Handsome Brute: The True Story of a Ladykiller
by Sean O'Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for readers of true crime., 18 Mar. 2013
This is very well written in an unsensational way. I already had a copy of Notable British Trials dealing with this case but they, of course, do not give an idea of the psyche of the murderer. I was so wrapped up in this book I felt I was at the cinema and it was being played out before me. What a terrible tragedy, apart from the dreadful crimes, the whole thing was ruining many peoples lives for ever. Sean O'Connor has written a brilliant, in depth, analysis of this case without resorting to cheap sensationalism which so often happens. Too complex a character for any but the trained psychoanalyst to be able to start to fathom. Only one gripe, I would have like an index that would have been the icing on the cake.