ARRAY(0xaf60315c)

Profile for sadbuttrue > Reviews

Content by sadbuttrue

sadbuttrue (Wolverhampton)

20M VGA/SVGA 15 Pin DDC Monitor Cable, Premium Quality, Twin Ferrite, Gold Plated, Black lead with Blue Connectors - Genuine CPO Branded Product
Offered by CPO Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars A great 20m VGA lead, 5 Feb 2014
It works. It gave us a barely discernible signal degradation over 20m, so I cannot fault it. I am pleased.

Anker® Astro E5 15000mAh Portable Charger Ultra-High Density High Capacity External Battery Backup Power - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but..., 4 Sep 2013
A great product, does exactly what it says on the can. However, is it just me or does anybody else have a problem keeping the power usb plug in? If you knock mine even a fraction, out it pops and stops charging. Apart from that minor design defect, a 5-star product!

Update: having posted this, I remembered that the device came with a USB lead. On checking this, I noticed that the plug was significantly longer than my standard, Samsung, one. When I inserted this lead, it made a considerably firmer and more secure contact. Rating amended accordingly, now I need to remember to only use this lead to charge up the device.

Great customer service from the manufacturer, too!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 9:49 PM GMT

Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White
Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Apart from the flicker..., 18 Jan 2011
A great product, our kids love them. I shouldn't be surprised from the description, but I wasn't expecting a pseudo-random flicker. Would be better if that could be turned off, perhaps?

XMI X-mini Max 2 Portable Speakers for iPhone/iPod/iPad/MP3 Player/Laptop - White
Offered by tablet_books

3.0 out of 5 stars Unrealistic expectations?, 15 Jan 2010
For the size of speakers the sound really is quite impressive, although the bass is not as impressive as I was led to believe.

The design is (almost) Cupertino-esque, but the build quality falls a little (sic!) short.

Experienced a rather annoying buzz when the speakers were charging and playing at the same time.

Toy Story Original Soundtrack (English Version)
Toy Story Original Soundtrack (English Version)

1.0 out of 5 stars Digital download software - meh!, 15 Jan 2010
The film is one of my all-time favourites; the soundtrack is awesome. Had to download as didn't have time to wait for a physical copy, but would do my damnedest not to do it again, and would only use the Amazon MP3 downloader as an absolute last resort.

Really don't like these companies cluttering up my machine with proprietary software, with no control over what information it has access to. There's no need to do it.

Unfortunately, there is no way to review the process of digital download from Amazon, so I have had to downgrade this awesome soundtrack. Don't like doing it, but there you go.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2013 9:09 PM BST

Campingaz Bleuet Cv 300 Lantern Pz
Campingaz Bleuet Cv 300 Lantern Pz

4.0 out of 5 stars A great lantern, 28 July 2009
A really simple to use lantern, which protects the gas canister, with piezo lighting.

Fitting the mantle can be a little tricky, but it's just a knack.

Griffin RoadTrip 6265-RDTRPB2  for iPhone and iPod
Griffin RoadTrip 6265-RDTRPB2 for iPhone and iPod

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 16 April 2009
I have had Griffin transmitters since my third generation iPod. They do what you need them to do.

You just need to plug into the 12v socket and drop the device into the cradle and it seeks 3 empty frequencies. Tuning the radio to those frequencies is easy and if there's interference from one, one of the others will normally suffice; if not, you can tune manually.

In operation, the signal is generally clear, although my wife's drops out from time to time, which I haven't got to the bottom of, and the RDS adds the nice touch of the track data to the receiver.

The supporting arm is actually more stable than my previous model, and the addition of basic controls makes life considerably easier.

The beauty of this model is that it transmits and powers both my iPod Touch and my iPhone 3G.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2009 9:02 PM BST