Profile for Pete > Reviews

PIRFM360 - Stand Alone 360 Flush Mounted PIR
Offered by Electro World
Price: 11.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, 7 Feb 2014
This seems to be exactly the same as another model sold cheaper here on amazon:
Recessed 360 Degree PIR Ceiling Occupancy Motion Sensor Detector Light Switch by MiniSun http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BEWGO7Q

I know because I bought one of each, the only difference is the box it comes in and the instructions have different wording.

The white is not a different shade of white as shown in their main picture, it looks fine.

I used a 63mm hole saw which was perfect as the diameter of the flush frame of the PIR is 75mm.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2014 10:25 AM BST

Recessed 360 Degree PIR Ceiling Occupancy Motion Sensor Detector Light Switch
Recessed 360 Degree PIR Ceiling Occupancy Motion Sensor Detector Light Switch
Offered by Alarms & Lightbulbs
Price: 9.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Same model as PIRFM360, 7 Feb 2014
Works great! This is exactly the same model as the PIRFM360 sold elsewhere on amazon at a higher price, I know as I bought one of each. The only difference is the instructions and the box it comes in.

I used a 63mm hole saw as I didn't have a 60mm one, it worked perfectly as the actual flush mounting extends to 75mm diameter.

ETC Mountain Bike Full Length Mudguard Set - Black (26 x 1.75-2.125 inches)
ETC Mountain Bike Full Length Mudguard Set - Black (26 x 1.75-2.125 inches)
Price: 20.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected better quality for the price, 17 Jan 2014
Maybe my expectations are too high, but for the price I was expecting top quality mudguards.

First of all I like the black shiny hard plastic they are made out of.

I didn't like that they are not long enough to stop your feet getting dirty. Others have said you can customize them yourself and add mud flaps to the end for this, but for this price I would have expected that to be included.

I also didn't like that they skimped on the bolts and washers. In the instructions it says you need 7 washers, but they only provide 4. Also in my case the smallest bolt they provided was too long for the back gear side and I had to cut it to size.

The instructions are also total gibberish.

One thing to watch out for is that you have holes at the wheel hub on your frame for the metal supports to connect to. I didn't have one on my front quick release wheel side, so I had to use a zip tie. I don't mark them down for this though as all bikes are different. But it is worth checking this before purchasing.

Andrew James 1500 Watts Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Black, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Splash Guard, 5.2 Litre Bowl, Spatula And 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 199.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for kneading dough, 16 Jun 2013
I wish I had read more of the reviews before purchasing this. As others have said, it is terrible for kneading dough. It mixes it fine but then it just clings to the dough hook and just swirls in the air not touching the sides. So there is no kneading. This was my experience with 600g of flour which is for a standard large loaf.

I had a look to see if there is accessories for the mixer which are better at kneading dough, but unfortunately no accessories are available for this mixer, what you get is what you get.

I would have preferred to have spent a bit more and got one that works. If it's only going to do half a job then I might as well do it by hand from start making this a wasted purchase.

100 11 x 16 Inch Grip seal bags 200g, Plastic Zip Lock
100 11 x 16 Inch Grip seal bags 200g, Plastic Zip Lock
Offered by Food Packers
Price: 6.88

4.0 out of 5 stars These are not Zip Lock Bags, 11 Feb 2013
I was surprised when these bags arrived to find that they weren't Zip Lock bags, they have no zip on top despite the title. If you search you will see they sell two types of these bags, one with a zip which is more expensive and one without which is slightly cheaper. I wanted the zip so I bought these ones.

Upon contacting Food Packers they told me that they only sell one type, the ones without the zip. Then why put it in the title description? They refunded the difference, but note you might as well by the cheaper one instead of this one.

AnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic)
AnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic)
Price: 10.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually works, 3 Jan 2013
Unlike the knife sharpeners I've bought from the supermarket before, this one actually works. You know it works as it leaves very visible metal filings. I see this as a good thing, my previous sharpeners didn't and they didn't work.

Use this along with a steel. Use this sharpeners to get a good sharp edge, then use the steel day to day to straighten the edge. Every so often use this sharpener to regain the perfect edge.

Use a magnet wrapped in a piece of kitchen roll to collect the filings.

Leighton Denny Miracle Drops Nail Polish Dryer 12ml
Leighton Denny Miracle Drops Nail Polish Dryer 12ml
Offered by Just Beauty UK
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 Jan 2013
I bought my wife this for Christmas. Before every time she painted her nails she'd get distracted and end up having to redo 1 or 2. She then mess them up again. The whole process could take an hour which would put her off doing them.

Now she is done in a minute drying, no more smudges from being impatient. This has changed her life. She has been telling all her friends to get this.

Easily the best present I got her.

Morphy Richards Cafe Mattino 47070 Programmable Filter Coffee Maker - Stainless Steel
Price: 33.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 29 April 2012
I bought this coffee machine 3 weeks ago and I am very happy with the purchase. I'd like to answer some of the issues previous reviewers have pointed out.

Plastic taste to the coffee:
I never had an issue with this. I followed a previous reviewers instructions and flushed the coffee machine with lemon and water twice and then left the lemon and water sitting in the reservoir for an hour. I then emptied it all out and flushed it again with clean water before having my first coffee. The coffee tasted great.

Water condensation drops down the back of the machine when lifting the lid:
The lid is designed so that the condensation falls back in to the reservoir, but yes a little bit of water still escapes down the back. It is only a couple of drops that isn't even worth wiping up, if it bothers you then open it half way and give it a tap on the lid.

Coffee powder in the coffee:
If you take the last dregs from the jug then yes there is some powder there, just don't take the last little bit. I have started using paper filters due to being lazy and not wanting to clean out the filter, this has a positive side effect of stopping any powder getting through.

Narrow hole for pouring water into the reservoir:
I agree this is a bit tricky to get water into. I can do it fine straight from my brita water filter, but my wife struggles as she is left handed and the reservoir is on the right and is quite narrow. You definitely need to use a jug to fill it for accuracy, and you will need to pull it out from under the cupboard, it slides easily. It's not that big an issue if you are right handed, just use care.

Coffee not hot:
The coffee comes out at 80C(176F) and is kept at this temperature for 2 hours. Once you add cold milk it is immediately at drinking temperature. My wife has it like this, but I microwave my milk for a minute before adding the coffee as I like it very hot. (Keep in mind at a proper coffee shop they use steaming hot milk, if you add cold milk of course it is going to get a bit colder)

Steam comes out the top:
Well yes steam does come out, is it possible to get a filter coffee maker that doesn't? It is about the same amount of steam you get from a kettle so is not an issue for my cupboards.

Has a large sticker which is hard to get off and leaves residue:
Mine didn't come with any sticker on it.

All these issues are minor and I'm not sure there is much they could do about most of them anyway.

---------

The coffee maker could not be easier to use, there is only two options you can program, the current time and the time you wish it to automatically come on at. For everyday use you press the left button to turn it on immediately and the right button to tell it to come on at the automatic on time. The middle buttons are just for programming the times.

I appreciate the simplicity, but I would have preferred slightly more options, I'd like to be able to extend the automatic switch off of 2 hours. You can get around this by switching it off and then on again. You have to wait 30 seconds after turning it off before it lets you turn it on again. If you switch it off at the plug it loses all its settings.

I bought size 4 coffee filter papers (not required), they ended up being larger than the supplied filter but they still fit and gives me a bit extra to hold on to when disposing of them. Any larger wouldn't fit though.

The coffee filter makes 12 cups which is 1.8 litres. I use 2 of its cups to make 1 mug of coffee. I can get 6 mugs out of one full pot of coffee. The strength is down to your taste, but I use 4 grams of coffee to 1 cup, so for the full 12 cups I use 48 grams of coffee.