Profile for Bob > Reviews

Offered by JODDS
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful product, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: MAGNETIC JOTTER PADS TWIN PACK 2
Good magnet strength. Does the job - would buy again.

Companions (The Parthian Chronicles Book 5)
Companions (The Parthian Chronicles Book 5)
Price: 1.75

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 15 Aug 2014
Well written as you would expect from Peter Darman -
Unlikely story line but If you enjoyed the previous 4 books in this series then don't miss this one.

Vacmaster, multipurpose, auto on/off vacuum cleaner, wet and dry. 20L. 1250w. Great value.
Offered by Vacmaster UK
Price: 69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Vacmaster, auto on/off vacuum cleaner - Great value., 7 Mar 2013
I purchased this vacuum to use in my workshop (to connect to my power tools -Saw table, Disc/belt sander and router). I looked at other makes that claim you can connect to power tools, but available reviews indicated that the Vacmaster was the best one with a power take off (within the 60/80 price range).
As it turns out this vacuum is brilliant.
What I like about this vacuum is the power take off socket. You plug in the vacuum to the wall socket as normal, then plug the power tool into the socket on the vacuum, flick the /power tool setting on the vacuum, and when you start the power tool, it starts the vacuum too. The vacuum runs for a few seconds after you switch off the power tool to complete the dust extraction.
I am an asthmatic so effective dust collection is vital for me. If you use power tools that generate a lot of dust then you should give this vacuum serious consideration.
For the price, this is excellent value for money. It is sturdy, it is fairly quiet and easy to assemble (6 screws to attach the castors and handle). I cannot fault this item in any way.
I emailed the company with a delivery query and received a quick, efficient response and the delivery was also excellent - arrived the next day.
I would thoroughly recommend this product and the company.

Marius' Mules IV: Conspiracy of Eagles
Marius' Mules IV: Conspiracy of Eagles
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jan 2013
Great series of books and book 4 is no let down
If you like Simon Scarrows' tales of Cato and Macro then this is a book for you.
It is very well written with a good story line - Roman Legions, lots of action with down to earth characters and just enough history.
I would definitely recommend this book to any historical fiction fan.

SIP Saw Dust Collector 230V
SIP Saw Dust Collector 230V
Offered by Cooks of Bedford ltd
Price: 90.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money, 11 Dec 2012
This extractor was well packaged and delivered quickly. I have used it with a planner and a band saw and the extractor is efficient and fairly quiet. The connector set is a useful addition for smaller machines such as my disc & belt sander. The connection hose is very sturdy and fairly rigid ( you may with to buy a more flexible hose if you have to navigate awkward positions). Overall and good buy

Samsung ML-2525W Black Mono Laser Printer (Wireless)
Samsung ML-2525W Black Mono Laser Printer (Wireless)

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung ML-2525w Laser Printer, 26 Sep 2010
Purchased after positive reviews for ML2525. Set up via supplied USB cable onto my Vista based Toshiba Laptop was not a problem. The wireless side of things took about 10 minutes .

My problem was caused by the insallation of the drives etc - the drivers copied from the CD but the installation process stopped part way through. After trying this 3 times I turned off the firewalls - drivers then installed OK then turned firewalls on again. This may be a peculiarity with my computer but may prove useful to others who have the same problem.

Print quality is very good - the printer is in a wardrobe and I am able to print from anywhere within my bungalow. The flap to access the toner is a little flimsy but otherwise an excellent wireless printer for the home/small office.