Profile for D R R Wilson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Filth
Filth

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Classic from Irvine Welsh, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Filth (Kindle Edition)
Once the reader gets his head round the language this a most interesting and enjoyable read. If any of this is true to life then there a dark side to life that many of us are totally unaware of.

An Officer and a Spy
An Officer and a Spy

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Book, 16 Jan. 2014
I didn't know the story behind this book but put purchased it on the recommendation of friends and I wasn't disappointed. An excellent book, well written and gripping from start to finish.

The Kill List
The Kill List

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Kill List (Kindle Edition)
I normally love Frederick's books but I was a bit disappointed with this one. Yes there were some good bits but overall I thought it was a bit disjointed and some sections were very formulaic.

Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2)
Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Page Turner!!, 16 Jan. 2014
I am never disappointed with John Grisham's books and although this wasn't one of his classics it still most enjoyable. I thoroughly recommend it to all Grisham fans.

The Shining
The Shining

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic Novel!!, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Shining (Kindle Edition)
There has been so much talk about the novel "The Shining" recently that I thought I would read the book and see what all the fuss was about. I had seen the film many ears ago and whilst I thought it was OK I wasn't over impressed. The book was something different though and so much more enjoyable.

Emperor: The Blood of Gods (Special Edition) (Emperor Series, Book 5)
Emperor: The Blood of Gods (Special Edition) (Emperor Series, Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Jan. 2014
If want to learn more about Roman history in an enjoyable way this is the way to do it. This is a fine historical novel which tells the story following the assassination of Caesar.

FINALLY: THE GOLF SWING'S SIMPLE SECRET - A revolutionary method proved for the weekend golfer to significantly improve distance and accuracy from day one (1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Golf Instruction Book!!, 16 Jan. 2014
This is one of the best golf instruction books I have read. It is easy to read - you can read the whole book in a couple of hours - and is very practical guide for anyone looking to develop a one plane swing. Since adopting the technique my iron play has improved dramatically - especially with the shorter irons 5-pw. If you currently swing the club on two planes it may take a bit of practice to master the shoulder turn but once you have got it you will notice a big improvement in your ball striking and distance. I am hitting my irons 10 yards longer than before I adopted this technique. Definitely worth the money!!

Southern Cross the Dog
Southern Cross the Dog

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read., 16 Jan. 2014
To be honest I struggled a bit with this book and found it quite difficult to get into. Because of this I found myself reading only about 20 pages at a time. I persevered though and finished the book. Overall it was interesting book and definitely provided me with an insight into life in the swamps in the deep south of the USA. Maybe if I read the book again in a few months time I will get more out of it.

Hit Down Dammit! (The Key to Golf)
Hit Down Dammit! (The Key to Golf)

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting and enjoyable read!, 16 Jan. 2014
I quite enjoyed reading this but to be honest three weeks later I have forgotten most of what was in the book. It definitely contains some useful tips and interesting ideas but it is not going to transform your game.

Golf Psychology - When Positive Thinking Doesn't Work
Golf Psychology - When Positive Thinking Doesn't Work

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 16 Jan. 2014
Worth a read as it contains some practical advice from someone with a sound background in golf and psychology. To get the full benefit you would probably have to have a one to one session with Jonathan.

Page: 1 | 2