Profile for Sue > Reviews

Wall-E Saves the Day: An Out-Of-This-World Pop-Up
Wall-E Saves the Day: An Out-Of-This-World Pop-Up
by Kitty Richards

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really a pop up, 15 Jan. 2015
Not really a pop up but bought cheaply so wasn't too fed up. Very basic.

Helix Postal Charge Template HP5010
Helix Postal Charge Template HP5010

5.0 out of 5 stars Petrol saver!, 15 Jan. 2015
Handy gadget. Got fed up of having to take letters to the Post Office to see if they were outsized. Reckon the money I save on petrol will pay for it pretty quickly!

Aigle Parcours 2 Vario, Unisex-Adults' Wellington Boots, Brown, 5 UK
Aigle Parcours 2 Vario, Unisex-Adults' Wellington Boots, Brown, 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 15 Jan. 2015
This is my third pair. I love them as they are so comfortable. I have wide calves and this design fits them.

King Schloss Neuschwanstein Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Pieces)
King Schloss Neuschwanstein Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Pieces)

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but smallish box, 4 Dec. 2014
Jigsaw bought as gift so cannot comment on contents but have noticed that box is a bit smaller than normal jigsaw boxes - this may make using the lid as a picture a bit harder.

SnuggleSafe Microwave Wireless Heatpad with Fleece Cover (colour may vary)
SnuggleSafe Microwave Wireless Heatpad with Fleece Cover (colour may vary)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought second one as a present, 25 Nov. 2014
Bought my mum one for her cat too as have used mine lots over the years. It is hard so probably not overly comfortable for the cat but put it under a blanket and it stays warm for ages

It Felt Like a Kiss
It Felt Like a Kiss

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 July 2014
I was really looking forward to reading this when I saw it on the shelf as I have loved the author's previous books and have been waiting for her to bring out another one but this one really disappointed me. It just didn't grip as the others did. I probably should have given it 3 stars as it's still quite an easy read but gave it the 2 as it's just not as good as her previous ones.

Breville VTT236 Silver 4 Slice Toaster
Breville VTT236 Silver 4 Slice Toaster

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine until it broke after 6months, 13 Jun. 2013
Chose this toaster as wanted a four slice with variable width. Was pleased with it until 6months later when realised that things were taking ages to toast and saw that the middle element had stopped working. Amazon gave me the incorrect info at first and told me to ring the makers, who referred me back to Amazon. Next person I spoke to was very helpful. Replacement (same model) was received the next day and it was easy to return broken one. Lets hope this one lasts longer!

The Greatest Love Story of All Time
The Greatest Love Story of All Time
by Lucy Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars I must be getting old, 22 Jun. 2012
After reading the rave reviews on Amazon, I was surprised how few mentioned the (quite unnnecessary in my opinion)amount of swearing in this book. Yes, the story is quite amusing but as much as I'm getting used to the f word in books, I really think there is no need for the c word. It is as if the author seems to feel swearing and crude language equals humour, which is a great shame as she writes very well without the swear words. But as the title says - I might just be getting too old for this genre.....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2014 2:55 PM BST

Eating Heaven
Eating Heaven
by Jennie Shortridge

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit depressing, 10 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Eating Heaven (Paperback)
Contrary to the cover, this book is more about caring for someone who is dying than about food, (in my opinion). It is well written but I wasn't sorry to finish it as it was rather depressing. However, I would recommend that you don't buy it due to the appalling typo errors littered throughout. How it ever got past the editing and proof-reading stages, I don't know. The letter 'J' and number '1' are used instead of 'I', 'car' for 'cat', 'tuld' for 'told', paragraph in wrong place, etc, etc. I would have demanded my money back if I hadn't borrowed it from a library!

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
by Sarra Manning

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read for a while, 19 Oct. 2011
I really enjoyed this book and now can't wait to read Unsticky. After reading some awful chick lit books recently by well known authors, Sarra Manning is one I'll be keeping a future eye out for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6