Profile for Anna Jeremiah > Reviews

Content by Anna Jeremiah

Anna Jeremiah "bob_bucket" (UK)

John Adams Hot Wires Electronics Kit
John Adams Hot Wires Electronics Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars big hit with kids and great customer service from John Adams, 16 Mar. 2014
My 8 year old got this for his birthday and loves it as does his 5 year old brother. The instructions are easy to follow and some of the things you can make are "really cool". I think we might need to get a set each it is so popular. They managed to snap the flying disc on the first day (it is delicate) but I emailed to ask John Adams if they sold a replacement and they sent me a free replacement which is great customer service. You can also buy spare components on their website.

Wonderworld - Wonderland - Barny Farm
Wonderworld - Wonderland - Barny Farm

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual slant on the traditional farm, 26 Nov. 2009
I have bought this for my kid's christmas (3 and 16m) so I can't yet comment on whether they like it. However the quality looks excellent. The felted rubber roof is an original idea and the doors are nice and chunky for little finges to open. It comes with a farmer and tractor and seems the perfect scale for other farm animals (we have Schleich). If you want a farm a little different from the norm then this is it.

Summertime
Summertime
by Charlotte Bingham

1.0 out of 5 stars Starting skipping pages near the end, 19 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Summertime (Paperback)
I thought this was pretty awful and it is the first Charlotte Bingham I've read. It had several clumsy mistakes (e.g. regading Micklewaites length of employment and the fact that nobody knew of the first marriage of someone as famous as Lewis is portrayed to be). Few of the characters were really developed. I was irritated by Trilby rather than sympathetic (not least because of her terribly contrived name). In fact most of the characters irritated me, especially Berry. Near the end I got bored and started skipping paragraphs. Badly written and uninvolving overall.

Upon Dark Waters
Upon Dark Waters
by Robert Radcliffe

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written but needed more character development, 17 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Upon Dark Waters (Hardcover)
Radcliffe writes in such great and involved detail about the events of the second world war that it is easy to imerse yourself in the era. I do feel that some of his main characters (eg. Maria) could have one with greater development, though this development was not lacking in his descriptions of the seamen and how they dealt with life on 'Daisy'. I think this is possibly because the descriptions of life at sea were written in the first person by a 'fellow seaman' who 'knew' the people he was writing about, whereas the descriptions of Michael's life in Uruguay were effectively written in the third person.
Overall this book kept me interested with its mixture of history, humour and atmoshperic descriptions of life on the Atlantic convoys, though I preferred Under an English Heaven which is quite similar.