Profile for Penka > Reviews

Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sleep training tool, 25 May 2014
This has worked brilliantly with my 3yr old daughter. She loves setting it when she goes to bed. Only downside is she figured out the lock and kept pressing the buttons to start with but now the novelty has worn off she sets it to sleep time then stays in bed until the sun comes up. Would highly recommend it.

Why Do You Overeat? When All You Want Is To Be Slim
Why Do You Overeat? When All You Want Is To Be Slim
Price: 2.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing way to eat, 10 Mar 2014
I stumbled across this book after seeing an allergist about chronic rhinitis who told me a more 'draconian' eating plan might be the way forward.

This way of eating has changed my life. I will be three weeks on plan tomorrow (10/03/14). Without trying to lose weight (but I did need to), I lost 8lb in the first week and then steady 2lbs a week taking me to a total of 12lb in 3wks.

My weight no longer fluctuates, I no longer have daily debilitating fatigue, my IBS problems are no more and my constant sneezing which previously required strong daily medication has only needed about 3 tablets over 3 weeks instead of 42!!!!

I'm seeing my allergist for patch testing next week but thanks to this eating plan I think I've narrowed down the triggers myself.

I am never hungry in between meals and have since bought the recipe book, worth every penny. My hubby and three year old daughter are loving it too. Who wouldn't love coconut curry, parsnip chips, Greek yoghurt with fresh fruit. I also find it impossible to over eat in this.

I see this as a lifestyle change for my family and I. Thank you Zoe for being so thorough and helping me understand so easily.

Get Sleep
Get Sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Get Sleep (Kindle Edition)
As someone who suffers regular insomnia and who is currently researching techniques to help I found this easy to read and with some new ideas to try. Impressed considering it is free.

Family Murders: A Thriller
Family Murders: A Thriller
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting short thriller, 15 April 2013
This was good for a short easy to read holiday book. Kind of left me wanting more so will be checking if this author has released other titles.

Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner!!, 17 Mar 2013
I had no idea what to expect from this book but after reading the reviews thought I would give it a go. I loved it and couldn't stop reading. My doctor is great but as a result of reading this book I feel I can understand more the daily challenges he faces and I'm just a small part of a very lengthy day.

Also very easy read so would recommend to anyone.

Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men and Little Miss)
Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men and Little Miss)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant on the kindle, 17 Mar 2013
I loved these books as a child and was delighted to be able to download this for my 2yr old. Fab to read and enjoy together, highly recommend :-)

Emergency: Wife Lost and Found (Mills & Boon Medical)
Emergency: Wife Lost and Found (Mills & Boon Medical)

4.0 out of 5 stars Proper heartwarming story, 14 Mar 2013
Lovely easy to read book with cheeky wee unexpected romance thrown in for Dr Morrell. Not my usual read but very much enjoyed this.

39 Weeks
39 Weeks
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy light hearted read, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: 39 Weeks (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book as my first read using the kindle. Storyline was easy to follow and kept me hooked throughout.

Delilah's Diary #1: A Sexy Journey
Delilah's Diary #1: A Sexy Journey

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as quick read, 11 Mar 2013
Enjoyed this but was a lot shorter than I expected. Has made me consider downloading the next part but only if free also.

Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance
Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard hitting, honest & great read, 11 Mar 2013
Excellent read, very interesting & entertaining. Honest inside to the hard work & also rubbish situations these awesome professionals endure daily.

Page: 1 | 2