Profile for That welsh one > Reviews

Content by That welsh one

That welsh one (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
MICRO USB (RETRACTABLE) CHARGE CABLE 4 Samsung Galaxy Nexus HTC DESIRE HD MINI AMAZON KINDLE 4 SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X2 X10 MINI Erics Eperia X10 NOKIA MINI N97 6500 N82 6600 HTC HD HD2 HD7 LEGEND BRAVO Incredible BlackBerry: 8220 Pearl, 8520 Curve, 8530, 8900, Bold 9700, Storm 9500, Storm2 9520, 9530, 9550, 9630 LG: BL20 Chocolate, BL40, GD510, GM750, Motorola: Milestone, RAZR2 V9, ROKR E8 Nokia: 3720, 5330, 6600i Slide, 6720, 6730, 6760, 8800, E63, N85, N86 8MP, N900, N96, N97, N97 mini Palm: Pre Vodafone: 360 H1, 360 M1, M1 Samsung: Samsung i9100 Galaxy S 2, samsung epic 4g sprint, B5722, B7620 Giorgio Armani, C5510, C6112, Galaxy i750, Genio PRO, Genio Qwerty, Genio Touch, H1, Jet, M7500 Emporio Armani, M8910 Pixon12, Omnia HD i8910, Omnia II I8000, Pixon12, S8000, S8300 Ultra Touch, Tocco Ultra Edition Sony Ericsson: Elm, Hazel, Xperia X10 & all other devices with Micro USB
Offered by LEADS U NEED
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 17 Aug 2012
This product is excellent for charging phones/MP3 players etc. It doesn't transfer data but that is clearly outlined in the product description. It doesn't feel very sturdy but it is so cheap that it should last more than long enough for me to feel I've got my money's worth. Fits my phone perfectly as another, more expensive one I bought didn't fit too well at all and had to forced in. Very happy and would recommend.

Lonely Planet German Phrasebook & Dictionary (Lonely Planet Phrasebook: German)
Lonely Planet German Phrasebook & Dictionary (Lonely Planet Phrasebook: German)
by Annelies Mertens
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet Phrasebooks, is there any other kind?, 17 Aug 2012
I cannot stress enough how good Lonely Planet phrasebooks really are. This German phrasebook has been purchased for a trip through Europe which will take in 3 German speaking countries. It has all the neccessary phrases needed for a holiday plus a few extras which are always fun to try out with the locals! With Lonely Planet phrasebooks I have never had an issue being understood, thanks in full to their excellent pronounciation guides. As I am driving through Europe this summer this book in particular was bought because it has a section on car issues, an absolute must with that car that I will be driving. I would only ever buy Lonely Planet phrasebooks now since first using their Spanish one a few years back. If only they made a Slovene phrasebook I would have one for every country in my mini Europe tour this summer!

Minnie Mouse Disney Purse in black and gold
Minnie Mouse Disney Purse in black and gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Minnie Mouse purse, 17 Aug 2012
I love this purse. Being a fan of Disney and feeling I'm probably a little too old to have a proper kids Minnie Mouse purse this fits the bill perfectly. It's a good size, I can get all my numerous cards in there plus coins (mostly lots of pennies!). It's very sturdy and well made. The zip looks and feels secure and the pop button does not look in any danger of coming loose. All in all a five star product :)

Gadget Giant Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Dual Layer 2 in 1 Protection Hybrid Silicone Case Cover Skin & Screen Protector And Polishing Cloth Bundle (Pink & Black)
Offered by Gadget Giant
Price: 2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone Cover, 17 Aug 2012
Sturdy, stylish, perfect fit for the phone. Very happy with this product. Looks very durable too. Doesn't make your phone overly pink which I think is a good thing. Should protect the phone when I drop it which will obviously happen at some point soon!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
by Stieg Larsson
Price: 4.71

1.0 out of 5 stars I tried, I really tried, 24 April 2011
I really persevered with this...I even made it to the end. Unfortunately at no point did I begin to understand the hype. Like many others have pointed out this book has far too many characters and could be much, much shorter. The "shocking twist" is not so much shocking as blatantly obvious. All in all not the best book I've ever read! I gave up on this book at least 4 times but came back to it every time, partly because I can never leave a book unfinished (OCD!) and also partly because I really wanted it to get good. This review will probably now get slaughtered but personally I just cannot rate a book I disliked this much as anything more than 1 star just to appease the fans of this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2012 11:03 AM GMT

A Thousand Suns
A Thousand Suns
Price: 9.14

3.0 out of 5 stars Not their best..., 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: A Thousand Suns (Audio CD)
I think a lot of LP fans are being a bit harsh on this album and I feel I need to give my opinion. As a teenager c2001 I was absolutely in love with this band. I would play hybrid theory every evening after school, I knew all the words...basically I drove my family insane. I also enjoyed all the follow up albums...until this one. I'll be honest, its different. The first time I listened to it I was like other people on here, I thought it was trash. Then I gave it a chance. "When they come for me" is probably my favourite song on this album. "The Messenger" however stands out too. Such a great ending to this album. I think LP fans need to understand that bands mature, they need to after a certain number of animals otherwise people would complain all the albums sounds the same. They've grown up and this album supports that. It'll never be my favourite but still, please give it a chance. Just don't expect another Hybrid Theory, Minutes to Midnight or Meteora.

The Holy Bible 10th Anniversary Edition [2CD + DVD]
The Holy Bible 10th Anniversary Edition [2CD + DVD]
Offered by rbmbooks
Price: 33.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to say except "Timeless", 22 Jan 2011
Buy this album.

That is all.

Seriously now, this album is possibly my favourite of all time. Dark...depressing...musically sound...I think this album takes MSP fans who only found them after Everything Must Go a surprise...hopefully a pleasant one! Richey's state of mind really comes out in this album but I think that personal aspect makes it all the better. 5 stars, more if I could.

Andalucia (AA Essential Spiral Guides)
Andalucia (AA Essential Spiral Guides)
by Des Hannigan
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 19 Jan 2011
This got me through a trip to Granada and Sevilla this winter. Most impressed with the suggested walks around the cities, with stops along the way! Oh, and the maps!

New Art Riot
New Art Riot
Price: 6.86

5.0 out of 5 stars So good!, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: New Art Riot (Audio CD)
Really really good. If you like the early Manics stuff then you'll love this. So good!

Seven Ancient Wonders (Jack West Junior 1)
Seven Ancient Wonders (Jack West Junior 1)
by Matthew Reilly

2.0 out of 5 stars Was this written for children?, 7 Nov 2010
My friend lent me this book as we both read an obscene amount of books a year. He did however warn me that he classed it as "throwaway trash". I really don't like writing negative reviews as invariably things just don't happen to be to my taste and other people might well enjoy what I don't. This book however had one glaring issue that I could not ignore. The style of writing. "Surprising" things were not only reiterated, they were also written in italics and given their own separate line just to be sure! I think the story wasn't too bad, it's just the fact that I felt it was written for children that really irritated me. Maybe I misunderstood the target audience, in which case please ignore this review! It'd put me off any of his other books though which is a shame as like I said, the story itself was actually pretty good!

Page: 1 | 2