Profile for Andrew > Reviews

Andrew

The Way of Kings: The Stormlight Archive Book One
The Way of Kings: The Stormlight Archive Book One

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book cannot wait to read the next., 17 Mar. 2014
After reading The Wheel of Time series and having Brandon finish those I decided to see what his own work was like and I was not disappointed, similar but entirely different. A must read for any fan of fantasy.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shotgun mic, be wary of the recorder you pair it with., 22 Aug. 2013
This is a fantastic shotgun mic, the sound quality is good. The highs aren't to harsh and it gives very natural sounding dialogue. I would recommend saving up a bit more and going for the NTG3 which is far superior but for the price this is a great mic. Be wary of what recorder you pair it with, don't use it with a Zoom H4n, it just doesn't provide enough gain for the mic, even with it at 100.

AZTEC [Blue] Tribal Pattern Case for APPLE IPAD MINI Retro Tablet Pouch
AZTEC [Blue] Tribal Pattern Case for APPLE IPAD MINI Retro Tablet Pouch
Offered by Neopulse

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case for the iPad mini, 6 April 2013
I purchased this case after I had returned a previous hard case that I had bought it made the iPad mini far too bulky and awkward to hold. It's was a much better solution. It protects the iPad when I'm not using it and it look pretty cool. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that there was a lose thread when it arrived, but that's nothing that a pair of scissor can't handle

PISTOL GRIP AND SHOCKMOUNT FOR RODE NTG SERIES
PISTOL GRIP AND SHOCKMOUNT FOR RODE NTG SERIES
Offered by MusicMatter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for handling the mic but could be better., 6 April 2013
I bought this for recording sound effects and dialogue in light wind with the Deadcat when a Blimp wasn't needed, and it works great when used with a Boompole. The only downside is that when using it handheld you have to have a very light touch or the microphone will pick up the handling noise. Apart from that its a great product and doesn't exactly what it's meant to do.

It was delivered the following day after purchase which was great as amazon deliveries where I live tend to be 2 or more days.

RØDE Deadcat Furry Windshield Microphone
RØDE Deadcat Furry Windshield Microphone
Offered by MusicMatter

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for my Rode NTG2, 6 April 2013
I bought this to use with my Rode NTG2 when the wind was light enough that I didn't need to use my Rode Blimp. It'll cut down on light wind more so than the foam windscreen that comes with the mic but if you need really good isolation then buy the Rode Blimp as well as this. Also the Deadcat doesn't fit onto the mic you have to have the foam windshield on the microphone and then the Deadcat fits over that, I saw that no other reviewers had mentioned that.

Delivery was great, was here the following day.

Location Sound Bible: How to Record Professional Dialogue for Film and TV
Location Sound Bible: How to Record Professional Dialogue for Film and TV
by Ric Viers

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have book for anyone wanting to work in Location Sound., 5 Mar. 2013
Great book. Very interesting and helpful.

A must have for anyone wanting to work in location sound.

Only flaw is that if you purchase the sound effects bible it shares a lot of the same content.