Profile for MrC3PO > Reviews

Content by MrC3PO

MrC3PO

Page: 1 | 2
Polaroid XS100i Wi-Fi Extreme Edition HD 1080p 16MP Waterproof Sports Action Video Camera With Full Mounting Kit Included
Offered by Smart Shop UK
Price: 140.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Polaroid have some great mechanical designers. Shame about their electronics team., 1 July 2014
When looking for a simple helmet camera that is waterproof without additional cases, and comes supplied with a load of extra mounts this product is ideal. I ordered the no-WiFi one before Christmas & found it was pretty good picture quality, easy to operate, the supplied mounts are extremely good (although the camera thread is non-standard so you do need these supplied mounts).
However, after a couple of uses it stopped working. It froze & would not reset. This was at the beginning of a Center Parcs weekend so no footage was recorded other than the first hour or so.
I returned it, but keen to use the product I ordered a WiFi version as a replacement, confident I had just been unlucky.
And that is why I can only give 2 stars. The replacement failed after a month. It did reset and lasted a while but it has just gone back and I will not be getting another.
Shame really as for the price & mechanical quality I don't think it has many competitors, but the electronics are just not up to scratch.
Both times it failed it was being used to film the kids in a pool - so perhaps the waterproof rating needs looking at.
I now have a Drift HD Ghost. Picture quality is a bit better but having the screen on the side makes me realise that I should have paid the extra at the outset. Shame I have to buy extra mounts though.
Disappointed at the Polaroid, but happy with the new one..
Great mounts in the box though so if yours works - it's great.

Komputerbay 2GB 2X 1GB DDR2 533MHz PC2-4200 PC2-4300 DDR2 533 240 PIN DIMM Desktop Memory
Offered by KOMPBAY
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Why is buying RAM so scary?, 9 July 2013
As most people do, I spent a good deal of time checking for the right RAM for my old (2006) Windows XP PC.
I used CPUID to identify the RAM fitted and then it was a simple case of looking for it & these guys had the right info which gave me the confidence to order it.
It arrived very promptly. It was well packaged, but not packaged like a egg in a spaceship. And it worked first time. So I can only conclude that it is the right stuff for the job and has made an old PC run a whole lot faster.
Good result.

The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2013 (Unofficial Guides)
The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2013 (Unofficial Guides)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrong park!, 17 May 2013
I have used these guides to Paris & Florida in the past and did a stupid thing and ordered this when i wanted one for Paris.
I am sure it's very useful, but I cannot justify swapping my booking from France to California just to check how good the guide book is.

Telephone Socket Doubler
Telephone Socket Doubler
Offered by CKONE
Price: 1.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changer!, 17 May 2013
I really don't know how I managed to survive without one.
My telephone loves it too and so does my wife's.

Daffodil WMS320R - Wireless Mouse - 5 Button Scrollwheel Mouse for Windows / MAC / Linux
Offered by Daffodil UK
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it for the money, 17 May 2013
Nice small receiver. Switch under mouse could be better, but it works. Great product and very light to carry around.

Brit Guide to Disneyland Paris 2012
Brit Guide to Disneyland Paris 2012
Price: 6.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series of books, 17 May 2013
I have used the other versions of this book on previous visits to the Paris and the Florida parks and have always found the information contained to be accurate and it really does help make your time in the parks more productive and enjoyable. The way in which it's focus in on a British 'mentality' is an excellent way of identifying the things that are likely to be of interest to our lifestyles and also highlights aspects which are different to our way of doing things so we can understand them before we get there and therefore gain more enjoyment rather than worry or get annoyed about something.
There is a lot to see and do in the parks and without reading this (or any other guide) you will miss out and not get the most from your visit. In the end, you'll pay hundreds (or even thousands) to get there so a few quid on a good book might be the difference between the greatest trip ever, or a trip where you stand in a load of lines wondering what all the bits around you are doing there.
If you think it's nerdy to carry a book, get the Kindle version and then you have an excuse to take your tablet into a theme park.....

Cablesson Basics 4m (4 Meter) High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - (Latest 2.0/1.4a Version, 21Gbps) Gold HDMI to HDMI Cable with ETHERNET Compatibility, PS4, SKY HD,FULL HD, 1080P, 2160p, LCD, PLASMA & LED TVs, UHD, 3D TVS, Supports Dolby TrueHDs
Offered by HDCentral
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot On!, 15 Jan 2013
I bought 2 of these cables so i can connect my PC to either of my HD TV's for watching BluRays & working from home. I chose the 4m long versions so i can sit on my sofa or at my kitchen table to view the TV. These cables are absolutely spot on for what i need and even after a fair number of connections/disconnections the plugs are still a good fit and they work great.
Great product for my needs & fantastic service from the supplier.

Cruzer Fit 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-016G-B35)
Cruzer Fit 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-016G-B35)
Price: 6.61

5.0 out of 5 stars wow this is small, 7 Dec 2012
What a great LITTLE device. It shows that this is just as big as things need to be. But that is the problem. It's a bit too small for my sausage fingers to get out of the USB socket to move between devices.
For this reason I would suggest the unit is best employed as a permanently installed memeory addition to any device rather than a transportable unit.

Norton 360 2013 - 1 User, 3 PCs, 1 Year Subscription
Norton 360 2013 - 1 User, 3 PCs, 1 Year Subscription

5.0 out of 5 stars Many years of being a user, 7 Dec 2012
I always use the latest version of Norton Anti Virus, Internet Security or 360 as it is cheaper to buy a new copy than upgrade through the Norton account. This latest version is just as good as the others & loaded incredibly quickly with no problems.
My only minor criticism is that the add-ons it loads into Microsoft Outlook does make Outlook very slow to start, but then I guess the additional protection to emails is worth the delay.
Another year of Norton Protection

Asus N56VM 15.6-inch Laptop (Black) - (Intel Core i7 i7 3610QM  2.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Blu-ray Combo, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, BT, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit)
Asus N56VM 15.6-inch Laptop (Black) - (Intel Core i7 i7 3610QM 2.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Blu-ray Combo, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, BT, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop, 7 Dec 2012
I did plenty of research before buying this laptop & I have not been disappointed yet.
The screen is fantastic and the sound with the sub-woofer is far better than most laptops - although not really audiophile quality.
It is fast, stable and Windows 7 even installed and runs programs that are suggested should not. This save a lot of money - so i would suggest to try to install any old software first before buying replacements.
The USB-3 is so fast when connected to a Western Digital Passport USB Drive that it runs like an internal drive.
Overall - great machine. Worth the money. Well built. Happy customer.

Page: 1 | 2