Profile for Marc > Reviews

Content by Marc

Marc

DSTE® Pro MB-D15 Vertical Battery Grip + 2x EN-EL15 Battery for Nikon D7100 SLR Digital Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars DSTE replacements., 2 Nov. 2014
I've used DSTE batteries for a while in other devices and have been impressed at their quality. This did seem a bit expensive at £50 but I realised what I was getting and went for it. These batteries are far superior to the ones I got from Nikon. I did a full 11am to 5pm photo session and only dropped one bar of 5. The AA battery addition is fantastic considering that if you do run out you can pop to the shop and get some quick juice.

Bundle - 4in1 Charger + 2x Battery FXDC02 FX-DC02 for DRIFT HD GHOST [ Li-ion; 1800mah; 3.7V ]
Offered by AM GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, even if it is dirt cheap., 15 Mar. 2014
Sadly these days if it's cheap it's usually rubbish but this is an exception. I use the Patona battery more often than the official Drift ones. Great product and reliable too, so far. Awaiting my second Drift camera to buy a second one of these.

Shemagh - Green/Black - Army Scarf
Shemagh - Green/Black - Army Scarf
Offered by Contact Left Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for motorcycle riding, 8 Dec. 2013
I use this item daily when riding my motorcycle as a neck/face cover to protect against the wind. This by far is the best purchase I've had for a while. Looks cool, works well and keeps you warm in the cold and cool in the blistering heat. Highly recommended.

Euro-Fighter - Woodcraft Construction Kit
Euro-Fighter - Woodcraft Construction Kit
Offered by BuySend Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a little tricky.. And I'm a car mechanic!, 6 Jan. 2013
It took me hours to put this together, the "figure it out yourself" approch to this toy is both irritating and probably the funnest and most fulfilling aspect to this woodcraft model. I purchased this not from Amazon but from the Imperial War Museum and have played with it all afternoon, it makes a great present to someone because they know you've taken the time and effort to make it for them, there is a whole series of things to make with this but heed my advice; BUY WOOD GLUE.

This is my first model and definetly not my last, one thing that has annoyed me is that a little missile on the end of the wing falls off so I have to wait for some glue to turn up but other than that, great!

Asus O!Play HD 1080p HDP-R1 Live Internet Media Streamer
Asus O!Play HD 1080p HDP-R1 Live Internet Media Streamer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great box, some ill-conceived design holes let it down., 4 Jan. 2013
Firstly, I'll start with the pros - this box is stylish and durable. It'll play almost any video files your throw at it, including 720 x264 DTS MKV files. They work fine out of the box and play in fantastic quality without a hitch; subtitles also work fine.

The sad thing about this box is that for you to crop out the black bars in a 4:3 aspect ratio you have to fiddle about with the settings, this has it's ups like for example if you're watching a series of lets say, Only Fools and Horses you only need to change this once and not worry about it again but that's just me nitpicking, this does what it says and does it bloody well.. The other thing that's saddened me about this box is that it takes a while for you to play the video. I have to wait until the video is playing in the preview box before I can watch it and/or scroll down to the next one and if you have 30 files you want to watch then it could turn out to be somewhat of a death sentence.

Other than those negatives I mentioned this is a great box! Perfect for old and new files alike and also allows you to watch any file regardless of what TV you have (As long as you have a HDMI cable or AV input!!!).

2 X MINI USB BLUETOOTH V2.0 EDR DONGLE WIRELESS ADAPTER
2 X MINI USB BLUETOOTH V2.0 EDR DONGLE WIRELESS ADAPTER
Offered by Mestall(Ship from HongKong)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, found solution to install., 10 Dec. 2011
I ordered this on Monday and it arrived on Saturday, that is due to it almost being Christmas and me chosing free delivery. The item took a little force to fit into the USB slot but I find this fantastic as it will never come out unless you choose for it to, ideal for laptops. Now, for all you having issues with it being usable, here's how I got mine to work - 1) I started up windows and waited for all to load then put the dongle in the laptop. 2) Wait for it to find drivers and for it to be "Ready to use". 3) Open control panel and go to "Device Manager". 4) 2nd item down it says "Bluetooth devices", click the "+" and right click on your device and click "Update driver software" and viola it should be updating and ready to use. Brilliant item, cheap, well built, strong and ultimately unobtrusive. I have synced this with my BlackBerry Bold 9700 and works flawlessly AND you get 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GameOn Controller Action Skin (Xbox 360)
GameOn Controller Action Skin (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 3 Aug. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It's a tight fit, does exactly what a silicone skin should do - Protects the controller from what ever was lurking in my bedroom and adds extra grip. Fast delivery too.

Torx T8 Security Screwdriver (Xbox 360)
Torx T8 Security Screwdriver (Xbox 360)
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, for Xbox dis-assembly, 26 Mar. 2011
Perfect price, speed of delivery was amazing. Well built handy and brilliant for the price to usage ratio, you can put it in your man drawer and forget about it as you will probably not use it everyday but as a car mechanic it WILL be a welcome addition to my tool box as its stress test on my XboX controller passed with flying colours. This is as good as the official XboX one but not as expensive. Would HIGHLY recommend it.