Profile for ACD > Reviews

The Thick of It - Complete Series 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rebecca Front
Price: 18.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 24 Mar 2014
Very funny. Good price and service. Withstands repeated viewing. Some things just do not change in politics. VEEP is next.

Thermos Ultimate Flask, Graphite, Steel, 0.8 Litre
Thermos Ultimate Flask, Graphite, Steel, 0.8 Litre
Price: 28.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Worth the money., 24 Mar 2014
Took a long time deciding but finally took the plunge. Does what it says on the tin. Highly recommended. Good service.

Swordfish 'Sketch' Electric Pencil Sharpener 8mm ref 40050
Swordfish 'Sketch' Electric Pencil Sharpener 8mm ref 40050
Price: 45.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Good value for money, good service., 24 Mar 2014
Very good. Have had several electric sharpeners & tho this is the most expensive this is the best. Good sharpening & it can sharpen many before the safety cut out I assume as it hasn't done so yet.

Neverwhere - The Complete BBC Series [1996] [DVD]
Neverwhere - The Complete BBC Series [1996] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gary Bakewell
Price: 4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this and delivered promptly, 25 May 2013
I missed this series on the TV and only came to it via the BBC radio dramatisation which I really enjoyed. The pictures are always better on the radio, but the TV series was well acted and most enjoyable. I haven't got the book yet but may do so as the radio guys said even they had had to miss things out. If you're expecting all the flash and veneer of a Hollywood blockbuster you'll be disappointed. If you want a down to earth (!), interesting and engaging story well-acted with acceptable production values you should enjoy this too. I listen to the radio version on the tube - very surreal now.

Apollo Watch Case Closing Press
Apollo Watch Case Closing Press

5.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase, 25 May 2013
I have more (cheap) watches than I need. This works very well and is easy to use. If I had an expensive watch I'd probably get a professional change, but this is good for what it is and suits me fine.

The Definitive Collection
The Definitive Collection
Price: 6.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Execellent service, disc as advertised., 25 May 2013
Excellent service, disc as advertised. I would recommend (and I don't want to add any more words but have to).

Master and Commander
Master and Commander
Price: 7.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, disc as advertised., 25 May 2013
This review is from: Master and Commander (Audio CD)

Over the Hills and Far Away: The Music of Sharpe [SOUNDTRACK]
Over the Hills and Far Away: The Music of Sharpe [SOUNDTRACK]
Price: 9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, disc as advertised., 25 May 2013

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Price: 46.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and service., 25 May 2013
Much better than an ipod - you can actually drag & drop without any Apple nonsense. Has put me right off considering getting an iphone. If you're interested in listening to music/talking books, not playing games, the SanDisk is much better. Recommend additional memory card (I got 32 GB).

August DVB-T205 USB Freeview Tuner Stick - External PC TV Card with Digital (DVB-T) Television Receiver and PVR Style Recorder - Wintv Dongle Supported by Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP for Desktop and Laptop Computer
Offered by Daffodil UK
Price: 18.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work that well for me., 10 Dec 2012
Even though I eventually plugged in the main aerial for the house into the computer, I couldn't get more than about 5 channels on the computer. I'm afraid I couldn't recommend it. It's better value to get a cheap TV if you don't need the portability. The software was easy to instal.

Page: 1 | 2