Profile for Ziggy07 > Reviews

Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read from an excellent author, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
could not put this down. Great characters and plot. fast moving and lots of twists - thoroughly enjoyable -can't wait for the next book by this author.

Lies and Death: Chief Inspector John Cummins (Detective Chief Inspector John Cummins Book 1)
Price: 1.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful!, 5 May 2014
If only I could have given this book no stars! As previous reviewers have said, it contains so many grammatical errors and uses of the wrong tense it is quite shocking. There is no way that this book was proof read before publication as there are errors on almost every page. Also, the plot is very thin and unbelievable.
My advice as an avid reader is don't bother with this one.

Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Standing Leather Origami Case (will only fit All-New Kindle Fire HDX 7"), Blue
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finishing touch, 5 Feb 2014
I purchased this cover when it was on special offer. Quite pricey but well worth it. Protects the kindle fire very well and is extremely smart. So glad I went for this rather than a cheaper version there is no comparison in quality.

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers
Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers
Price: 199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 Jan 2014
I was considering upgrading my old Kindle keyboard to a paper whilte - that is until I saw my daughter's Kindle Fire HDX! I just love it and have no regrets in paying the extra money - I purchased just after Christmas when it was on offer. Reading on it is a real pleasure - makes my old Kindle look very dull! It is very fast at downloading from the internet - I have yet to try IPlayer but am sure it will be brilliant.
To anyone who loves books (like I did and still do) who is wavering over buying a Kindle, please hesitate no longer - it is probably the best buy I have ever made and could not be without one now. I am by no means a gadget freak - I just love reading and love the fact that there is always another book to read when one is finished and they are so easy to download. Also being able to store books on the cloud is a real bonus.
MY BEST BUY EVER!

A Dark Winter Nightmare: Amy's abduction is just the beginning
A Dark Winter Nightmare: Amy's abduction is just the beginning

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful book, 30 Nov 2013
I don't really know why I read to the end of this book it was so awful. Just curiosity I guess. The grammar is appalling, clearly unedited. The tense changes, the language is gratuitous as is the violence. The thoughts in the minds of the little girls far too adult to be believable. A trail of dead bodies across the countryside and no consequences. Lots of people died nasty deaths and that was it and on to the next unpleasant chapter. However it is a fast paced book and that is probably what kept me reading on as I don't like to give up!
The characters for me are far to shallow and seem to behave in the way that the author thinks that they ought to rather than having any understanding at all of what they might be going through so not well researched. The storyline is sensationalist and downright nasty in places and totally unbelievable.
I agree with a previous reviewer that if I had paid for this utter nonsense I would be asking for my money back.

Mastering the Art of McTavishing [With DVD]
Mastering the Art of McTavishing [With DVD]
by Karen C. McTavish
Price: 17.43

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 25 Aug 2013
I feel that this book is extremely expensive for what it is - I expected rather more from it - the accompanying dvd was very badly filmed and often blurred. The standard of Karen's work also leaves a lot to be desired - I think that it is very sloppy in places. If that was my work I would not be showing it to the world. I understand that she has inspired many people but a much better buy is Leah Day's 365 quilting patterns which are of a far higher standard with free instructions on line.

Freaks: A Rizzoli & Isles Short Story
Freaks: A Rizzoli & Isles Short Story

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 22 Oct 2011
I have been a fan of Tess Gerritsen for a very long time and have read most of her books. If this is your first time reading Tess and you are disappointed please don't give up on her - she is far better a writer than this very short story would have you believe. In my view it does her no favours and is utter rubbish. I would recommend The Surgeon which is a fantastic book for starters ...... I would actually give no stars to Freaks if there was the option

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!, 22 Oct 2011
I had been looking at the Kindle for some time before I purchased - I love books and was finding it difficult to image what it would be like not actually turning pages. I need not have worried! I just love this device and the ease with which books can be downloaded. It takes seconds - unbelievable!! It is actually easier to read books on the Kindle too as the print is so clear - in fact if there is bright sunlight on the screen I do not need to use my glasses - no glare at all.
Great to pop in your bag when travelling, looks good, easy to mark your place although again brilliant as the books opens on the last page you were on.
I could go on singing its praises - absolutely fantastic and well worth the money.

Ascis Women's Gel Cardio 3 Walking Shoe
Ascis Women's Gel Cardio 3 Walking Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great walking shoes, 21 Mar 2011
I have been wearing Asics trainers for years now as a walking shoe as they offer so much support and was delighted to find this walking shoe. It is extremely comfortable and light weight. Might seem on the expensive side but well worth the money.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather case for N8, 5 Feb 2011
I purchased this as I was given an Amazon voucher and thought it was a bit pricey at first. However when it came it was clear that it is a quality phone case and has been admired by many. The fine leather covers a rigid plastic protective case. Goes to show that you get what you pay for! Recommended. Melkco Luxe Black Leather Ultra Slimline Case - Nokia N8