Profile for Reader279 > Reviews

Content by Reader279

Reader279

Page: 1 | 2
SleepPhones v.4 - Medium Headphones (Lavender)
SleepPhones v.4 - Medium Headphones (Lavender)
Offered by Gizoo - Gadgets & Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 15 July 2014
Perfect for listening to radio, audiobooks etc to send you off to sleep. Beware of sizing (head sizing) the headband comes up quite large and you might need a smaller size than you think.

Twenty Twelve - Series 2 [DVD]
Twenty Twelve - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Bonneville

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious but.., 15 July 2014
Absolutely hilarious except why, oh why, oh WHY so much bad language? Come on writers, you don't need it. The script is absolutely genius but I have to forward through certain bits as the flow of expletives just irritates me.

Prophetess of Health: A Study of Ellen G. White (Library of Religious Biography)
by Ronald L. Numbers

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and well-researched, 15 July 2014
Interesting but not as much about EGW herself as I had hoped. Considering how influential this lady is, it's amazing that you cannot buy an autobiography with much information about her private life or herself as a person. I would genuinely love to know more about her personally, rather than just her books which fall a little too much into the 'bible-thumping' category for my persona tastes. But still a well-researched book and the only thing I have found which comes near to an autobiography. I am neither pro nor anti-white, I'm just interested. And I thought the analysis of what she had likely plaigarised (for which she probably had good reason) was quite fair.

The JetRest Luxury Sleep Mask, Super Comfortable Molded Design, Blocks Out All Light - Hummingbird On Green
Offered by Clear Prospects Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mask, 15 July 2014
Very pleased with this mask. I bought this after buying and immediately throwing away another that was not much cheaper. Comfy and works well to cut out most of the light.

Xtra-Funky Exclusive Universal Car Phone Holder Cradle With 360 Degree Rotate and Window Suction Mount For Mobile Devices Such As PDA, Sat Nav, MP3 Players, Apple iPhone, Samsung, Sony, Nokia, HTC and Many More (See Product page for full list)
Offered by Xtra-Funky Ltd (VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 1 July 2014
Great,not expensive and it really works. Glad I read the reviews carefully and chose this product.

The product is highly adjustable and will probably take pretty much any smart phone (mine is unusually small).

Curling Ribbon 500m - Matt Silver
Curling Ribbon 500m - Matt Silver
Offered by Ed's Party Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 1 July 2014
Perfectly adequate curling ribbon and cheap as chips. Postage very reasonable. I bought this after cancelling something similar where the seller wanted to charge me 5 pounds postage and packing.

NEW SOFT PADDED EYE / SLEEP MASK blindfolds travel
NEW SOFT PADDED EYE / SLEEP MASK blindfolds travel
Offered by SleepingOwl

2.0 out of 5 stars For me, not good, 1 July 2014
Sorry, I really don't like this product. The band that goes behind the head is adjustable not elasticated. This made it very uncomfortable because it had to be too tight just to stay in place.

Rude Health Organic Almond Drink 1000 ML x 1
Rude Health Organic Almond Drink 1000 ML x 1
Offered by Toy and Gift Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Rice milk, not almond milk, 27 Jan. 2014
Not for me because I was looking for an almond milk. This is almost exclusively made of rice with a tiny amount of almond. Not what I was looking for at all..

Should be clearer for the consumer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2014 4:55 PM BST

Crocs Wellie, Men's Rain Boots
Crocs Wellie, Men's Rain Boots
Price: £27.81 - £39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Slippery Sole, 26 Nov. 2013
Not happy.

Having noticed my Crocband crocs were non-slip on ice, although a summer shoe, I had a brainwave that I would buy a pair of Crocs wellies for winter since I'm always slipping on ice.

So I travelled 2 hours to the nearest Crocs shop. The sizing is so inconsistent I find, that it's hopeless trying to buy Crocs online.

I paid 40 pounds for these wellies and got them home to find that the sole is made of a completely different substance and is completely slippery, on both water and ice. I basically just need to throw them away now as they are so incredibly slippery that I wouldn't dare wear them out. And if I travel 2 hours back to the shop (each way) then I dont' even know if they would change them.

Thanks Crocs. You make summer shoes which don't slip on ice and winter shoes which do. What on earth is going on?

L'Oreal Elvive Active Selenium Shampoo 250ml
L'Oreal Elvive Active Selenium Shampoo 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep calm, it has just been re-branded!, 22 Nov. 2013
For the countless people out there who find ONLY the Elvive Selenium shampoo works for them (not the other Elvive anti-dandruff shampoos, or indeed any other anti-dandruff shampoos) please keep calm. It is now coming back onto the shelves again, after some period of absence, branded as a FOR MEN anti-dandruff shampoo. I have just bought it from Superdrug, in a black bottle with an orange top. There is another FOR MEN anti-dandruff shampoo so you have to look for the orange top and the word 'selenium'.

Thank goodness it hasn't disappeared altogether, but why on earth rebrand it for men? It makes absolutely no sense. The previous product was not a women's product but just an anti-dandruff one. What on earth are they up to? Now us girls have to buy a shampoo for men. Oh well..

At least it is still there!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 9:46 PM BST