Profile for RM > Reviews

RM

Teen Dream
Teen Dream

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!, 13 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Teen Dream (Audio CD)
I had no idea about Beach House until I heard one of the tracks off this album on the Midlake 'Late Night Tales' Album. Teen Dream by Beach House is a great album, one of the best I have heard in long time, from start to finish it just flows. There isn't a bad track on there, so 5 stars!

LOVE / HATE (2010)
LOVE / HATE (2010)

2.0 out of 5 stars A let down, 16 July 2011
This review is from: LOVE / HATE (2010) (DVD)
I don't normally write reviews on Amazon but I feel compelled to having bought this DVD on the basis of the excellent 5 star review on this site. Love / Hate is a story about a set of gangsters, it's nothing anyone hasn't seen before. The plot is predictable and goes complete off piste towards the end. One minute they are eating their sim cards after every phone conversation, then the next they are calling each other and taking shop over and over again without changing sim cards.

It really doesn't say much more the Garda in Ireland either, as bodies are getting dropped left right and center, yet no one gets charged with anything. In one scene, the said gangsters carry out a hit in their victims house, they happily open the doors without using gloves, then depart without wiping their fingerprints. Unfortunately the police must have been too stupid to check for fingerprints, as the hit men get away without even a police interview.

I do accept that Robert Sheehan gives a great performance and surely he will go onto to bigger and better things. As for Aiden Gillen (who is one of my favourite actors), I'm really not sure what they had done to his hair, I just couldn't take him seriously.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2013 4:07 PM BST

Beneath This Burning Shoreline
Beneath This Burning Shoreline

3.0 out of 5 stars Not inspired, 17 Dec. 2010
I am AMAZED at all the 5 star reviews for this CD. It's a good album but no way is it brilliant, a classic or outstanding. I've listened to it a few times now and I'm finding rather bland.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2012 5:58 PM BST