Profile for Brenda > Reviews

Content by Brenda

Brenda

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Magic, Myth & Majesty (7 Fantasy Novels)
Magic, Myth & Majesty (7 Fantasy Novels)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mystical stories, 3 Sep 2014
First time for me to read mysticAl stuff. I have mixed feelings ... some stories held my attention and I enjoyed especially the ones that had a religious themes loosely built on our world beliefs. Some stories very gory. One I even abandoned as it seemed so disjointed. The first and last stories I enjoyed. For the price it was a good buy for the amount of reading offered. But not my cup of tea. Reminded me of violent computer games which are also not for me.

SanDisk SDSDB-032G-FFP 32 GB Secure Digital SD Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

4.0 out of 5 stars It seems fine busy storing downloads now, 25 Aug 2014
It seems fine busy storing downloads now. Would not fit direct into my laptop but works with card reader. Packing excellent. Prompt delivery within dates specified.

The Ultimate Collection
The Ultimate Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars This has brought back many memories and is an excellent relaxing album, 22 July 2014
i have not listened to john Denver for many years. This has brought back many memories and is an excellent relaxing album. The quality is great, I have it on my Kindle, lap top, mp3, ipod and phone and the sound on all devices is very pleasing. A good buy for me.

Total German (Learn German with the Michel Thomas Method)
Total German (Learn German with the Michel Thomas Method)
by Michel Thomas
Edition: CD-ROM

5.0 out of 5 stars I find this the best method I have tried and am speaking quite adequate ..., 22 July 2014
I find this the best method I have tried and am speaking quite adequate German almost straight away and am able to put sentences together. I have not yet received family/friend conversational level but am able to follow most german in social gatherings. i have studied German for 5 years using various teaching books and none have done so much for me as this method. However because I have been book learning for so long I think the breakthrough I have had and the way gramatical word order etc are put in this package has been for me instrumental in my quickly understanding the language by the Michel Thomas method. I have recently purchased the Portuguese language course and am starting from scratch with no previous learning and this is also proving easy to follow and quick to learn.

Start Portuguese (Learn Portuguese with the Michel Thomas Method)
Start Portuguese (Learn Portuguese with the Michel Thomas Method)
by Virginia Catmur
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars this method of learning i highly recommend. i have the German version and after 5 ..., 22 July 2014
this method of learning i highly recommend. i have the German version and after 5 years learning by book reading I have made a breakthrough and am now having a similar experience with the Portuguese version. you learn as a baby does or young child. no writing, no rote no worry to remember, listen and learn.

Purple Executive Multi Function Standby Case for the Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet 16GB or 32GB with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake Feature + Screen Protector + Capacitive Stylus Pen
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars it looks strong and a good colour. yet to prove if the corners become ..., 22 July 2014
it looks strong and a good colour. yet to prove if the corners become raggie like the previous black one I had.

3in1 Charger Kit · 100% compatible with NP-F10 / NP-F11 / NP-F20 batteries for Sony Cybershot DSC-F55 | DSC-F55V | DSC-F505 | DSC-F505V | DSC-P1 | DSC-P20 | DSC-P30 | DSC-P50 | DCR-PC1 | DCR-PC2 | DCR-PC3 | DCR-PC4 | DCR-PC5 | DCR-TRV1VE | RUVI CCD-CR1 and more...
Offered by M&L Mobiles UK

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 in 1 charger kit compatabilit????, 9 Jun 2014
afraid this did not match the batteries that I wished to charge for the Sony Cybershot camera ref DSCF505V which was included as compatible in the ad for this item. I am therefore having to return it. As a package it came quickly, was well packed and if it had fit then the items appeared to be of good construction

How to Learn and Memorize German Vocabulary ... Using a Memory Palace Specifically Designed for the German Language (and adaptable to many other languages too)

2.0 out of 5 stars using a memory system, 1 Mar 2014
This is not for me. I have tried over and over to manage this system for my needs but am struggling. I feel there is more effort going into finding not only areas to store your words but to associate actions and stories to help you remember is actually confusing. I can understand that it might work for some. And there is proof of success with others. I think I have developed my own way already by remembering by association with difficult words, names, faces and have done so for many years, my own system adapted to me - but I have given up on this idea of Memory palaces.

I have to say however there is continuing support from the writer who is also an expert on this system, who continually encourages you to keep trying and takes on board others comments etc who are having more success than me.

Sim Card Holder!! Fits Perfectly in your wallet!!
Sim Card Holder!! Fits Perfectly in your wallet!!
Offered by RCUK

5.0 out of 5 stars storage for sim cards, 1 Mar 2014
Its a good idea. Its neat and robust and fits nicely into standard size wallets. Especially useful if you travel abroad a lot and have various Sim Cards for the countries you are visiting.

Rosetta Course
Rosetta Course

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosetta Course, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rosetta Course (App)
This is an appetizer for those serious in learning a language. The course is a freebee showing how you can learn like a child learns with pictures and speech of the chosen language. There is no translation into your own language it is all understood by presenting a picture then speaking the content.

I tried German and Portuguese. German I have been studying off and on for 4 years and have some knowledge however ~I can say the method used here was so simple and easy I actually learned from it, even though I suspect this level is very elementary. I have just started the Portuguese and finding this also is absorbing and easy to understand. The pictures are exactly the same as the German course.

I am very interested to continue learning using this method and you can move on to the Rosette site which gives you information on the various levels and what you will achieve; however the prices of the various levels are I think expensive especially as they come in bundles.

I think it would be very helpful if the company concerned would consider selling each level individually thus providing those with smaller incomes a chance to use their system.

The levels are