Profile for Arun > Reviews

Content by Arun

Arun

Page: 1 | 2
August EP615 - Bluetooth NFC Sports Earphones for Runnning- Wireless Bluetooth V4.0 Headset with in-built Microphone for Hands Free Calling- On-ear Headphones for Mobile Phones, iPhone, iPad, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones etc - Black
Offered by Daffodil UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned due to a MAJOR FLAW., 20 Nov. 2014
Very comfortable and the music is great but ultimately I had to return them after using for a week because they had a tin'y static noise on low volume stuff. I could NOT bear that noise when I was listening to podcasts or anything that was low volume, it just goes trr trrrrrr trrrrrr, and this happens even when no music/audio is playing but as soon as I connect it starts... It seemed like a static interference that was too constant and too frequent, even after a few charge discharge cycles it continued so I got sick of it and returned.. sorry guys. If only you fixed this I'd be glad to buy it considering the fantastic fit and comfort but too bad I guess.

Thanks to Amazon though for the prompt refund process of me dropping the parcel at my nearest collect+ and everything!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2015 11:34 AM BST

Avantree DEEP BASS Bluetooth Over Ear Headphones | with 3.5mm Audio In | Wireless or Wired | Easy Pair with NFC | 40h Music Time | Super Comfortable - Audition
Offered by AvantreeDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars The Audition was a success! You've been selected!, 13 Aug. 2014
April 2014:

I purchased it from their website but leaving my review here any way. I was looking for a nice pair of headphones to replace my aged old nokia BH 503, I decided to take the dive and be an early adopter of these headphones! So far, i'm really impressed!

Pros:

-Bluetooth 4.0 with NFC
-One tap connect and disconnect (see video below)
-42 hours battery life (!)
-Connect via wire when battery's drained, so it works with normal 3.5mm devices w/out bluetooth!
-Rich bass and crisp audio, excellent for the budget price!
-79$ from mobilefun or avantree's website.

Cons:

-Bit tight on the fit initially.. Hoping it will loosen up as time goes by.
-Noise cancellation and ambient sound blocking is so good, it's scary! I feel like I'm in another world putting these on. You can't hear yourself too well when on voice call, due to noise cancellation. Be careful, you might be yelling lol!
-Nothing else, yet!

It's just been a couple weeks since I've had em, I use them for 2 hours everyday on my long journeys! Strangely enough, I've still not charged the thing even once! That long lasting battery life may be true after all!

My video impressions on this = youtube.com/watch?v=XKX5rZz4TQE

UPDATE: August 2014, I sent them an email saying the ear pads were a bit stiff, so they sent me a replacement velour style earpads! These make a NIGHT AND DAY difference with the thing! A lot more comfortable to go on listening for more hours, definitely recommended as a MUST HAVE for the Audition, makes it all a lot more comfortable and softer, yet providing decent noise cancellation! The battery life is also fantastic, it’s literally lasting me a month! They don't do justice marketing it as a battery monster! NO OTHER HEADPHONES that I'm aware of can do 40hrs music playback on Aptx Bluetooth 4.0 and still work via wired if the battery is dead!

EiioX SATA 2nd HDD caddy for 2.5''/9.5mm Universal CD/DVD-ROM ACER BENQ HP DELL ASUS**SATA TO SATA HDD Caddy Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaver and a Thrill Maker!, 31 Mar. 2014
I decided to replace the caddy in my Acer 571p, and put in a new SSD. This is the perfect fit for the job! Goes right in, got my ssd up and running and now the os boots up in 4 seconds. ITS ABSOLUTELY MAD how much of a difference an SSD can make to your daily usage. Definitely recommended, plus it had screws that lined up perfectly with the hdd's holes so it stayed in place and not moved around crazy. Be careful though, there are two models in 2nd hdd caddys, this is the slimline one for thin laptops, there's another 13.5mm one which is a bit thicker, for older bigger laptops. Check which laptop yours is before buying it, if it's made after 2012 there's a good chance yours is slimline and this would be perfect!

Speed On!

gNg White iPad Mini Case / iPad Mini Cover for Apple iPad Mini Retina Display includes iPad Mini Smart Cover & Screen Covers for iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3
Offered by giZmoZ n gadgetZ LTD (From the UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rigid and Firm, but for the price, it's great!, 31 Mar. 2014
It's a bit rigid and firm, not really as soft as the genuine stuff, but for 2 quid, it's more than enough. The Inner part is soft and it'll definitely protect your screen, and the thing does form a triangle to support your pad as a stand, but be careful if you move it too much the magnet might come off. It's not exactly super strong, but it's strong enough to stay on when it's hanging on it's own. The smart cover feature works really well, for the budget price, you get what you pay for, maybe a little more as well!

TECEVO Freedom T1 MBS Portable Bluetooth Speaker Wireless Sound With Handsfree - Metallic
Offered by DigiDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars MIND BLOWN, 29 Nov. 2013
This little thing. Ohh man. When I was ordering a bluetooth speaker for 15 quid, I was expecting something decent, but man was I blown away. Firstly, as soon as I got it, I connected my microusb cable to it, windows detects a new "USB Speaker" and boom, it's ready to go! The sound is WAYYYY better than my laptop, deep bass and crisp clear sound! The only defect I found was at full volume, it vibrates when proper bass is played. As in, it totally moves around to the beat! This looks cool for a while but it can fall down which is worrisome. I anyway found the full volume to be wayy too much so I set it at about 15 in windows volume control, which has it in one position delivering crisp loud bass filled music which is better than the laptop speakers, and also staying put!

Next, I connected it via bluetooth to my Nexus 5, which is fairly straightforward. The phone found it quickly and paired, exceptionally equal sound quality, but wireless! I'm sure it can work with my laptop on bluetooth, but the added advantage is it charges while connected via usb (Red LED turns on) and also plays music so sounds like a better and easier connectivity option to me! I've not yet tried the mic functionality, but I expect it to be good too.

Either way, I can't find any faults with it. For it's price, it has amazing quality and works really well. Also, the outer finish of the speaker is soft touch matte finish, similar to the Nexus 5's back, which I love! The thing looks really well built for a 15£ speaker!

5/5 definitely recommended. I was looking at the other S10 and "beats" imitation speakers, but chose this as it was on Amazon prime and the price was just about right, so glad I went with it!

Ecozone Biobulb MAX, Extra Bright, Energy-Saving Daylight bulb, Bayonet Cap B22 30W equivalent to 150W, 2000 Lumens, Full Spectrum, Daylight White 6500k, Uses 80% Less Energy. Ideal for suffers of S.A.D

5.0 out of 5 stars I have the Sun in my room!!!, 28 Nov. 2013
I know this will probably sound like "yet another 5 star review", but there's some merit to that. The usual warm white bulbs you get, they are depressing and dim and dull and horrible. As soon as I turned this light on, I looked to the window to see if the curtain was shut, because it is as bright as the sun, even in the dead of the night at 7pm UK time (good old winter lol), I am still having the feeling of day light. Really helps fight depression and that gloomy feeling of the winter darkness. I was looking at the 25w and the 30w, but finally went with this even though it's a quid extra, but it was worth it! Love the extra bright atmosphere, the bulb is actually quite well sized, and even though it's a bit on the steep side when it comes to price, I'll say it was very well worth the money!

eFuture(TM) Black Luxury Magnetic Flip Leather Case Cover fit for the new Iphone5 5G +eFuture's nice Keyring

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away., 22 Nov. 2013
I ordered this thinking it's cheap so how could I go wrong! Horribly wrong! The flap doesn't close with the magnet when the phone is in, it's made for a thinner iphone 5 which uhh..doesnt exist?! Absolute waste of 2 quid... save your money get something of higher quality.

Orzly® - LG NEXUS 5 - Fusion Gel Hard Case BLACK Phone Cover Skin for Google NEXUS 5 SmartPhone ( 2013 LG MODEL ) Includes BONUS: 2x ORZLY Screen Protectors
Offered by G-Hub

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, worth it!, 20 Nov. 2013
Case arrived very early, here's my immediate impressions of it!

Pros-
-Fits perfectly.
-Very grippy, better grip than the soft touch matte of the n5
-Screen protector has cutouts for sensors and camera, really nice bonus plus they give you two so that's another plus!
-Price. 5£ including shipping and 2 screen guards is quite good! And there's the 1 day delivery for prime members :)

Cons-
-Back is see thru but not glass or hard plastic, rather bendable plastic like a 3x thicker ziplock bag. It gets the job done but doesn't really feel that high quality.
-Buttons are a bit of hit or miss. You can't find them blindly but if you know where they are, need to use your fingernail to get a tactile feedback. Pressing them with my thumb I couldn't sense whether I was pressing a button or not.. Slightly disappointed but I'll get used to it I guess.

Overall, I'll give it 4/5, that one star gone for the slightly lower quality back and the buttons, but they're not deal breakers. It's still a great case for the price, side bumper raises ever so slightly and gives you protection against falls. I think this plus a rhino shield would make the phone virtually indestructible.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well!, 23 Sept. 2013
Have been using it for a few months now, works perfectly fine, good heating especially effective for small rooms. Bigger rooms take more time. I leave it on the low heat setting overnight for a comfortable temperature. The cool blow feature was extremely useful during the rather hot summer. Worth it!

EDIT:
After 6 months of using this, it had sparks and hit off the fire alarm. Not great, I'd suggest go for something a bit more expensive for better long life.

World of Data� - 30m ADSL Cable - Premium Quality / Gold Plated Contact Pins / High Speed Internet Broadband / Router or Modem to RJ11 Phone Socket or Microfilter / Black
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTRA EXTRA LONG, 23 Sept. 2013
This thing is extra extra long, 30 meters is a lot, you'll most definitely have some excess remaining. Works as advertised!

Page: 1 | 2