Profile for Jimbo > Reviews

Content by Jimbo

Jimbo "Jimbo L" (Manchester)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tacwise 1153 Combi Cable Stapler
Tacwise 1153 Combi Cable Stapler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - well made and great performance, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am in the middle of creating a model railway (or 'train set' as some of you may prefer) and have a large number of wires to attach to the baseboard and was going to use standard cable clips (which can cause parts of the scenery to come a little unstuck) so the chance to test this product came at a great time.
The stapler is heavy and sturdy, is fast, easy to load, and even better works every time. I am very impressed and would recommend this for small cabling use right up to heavy duty work.It does make a bit of noise, but the fact that it gets the job is worth the noise!

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 45 Warm Almond
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 45 Warm Almond
Offered by Themakeupcounter

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 27 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really surprised by how good this product was, i suffer from dry skin and it covered it no problem, really pleased

Bosch PLR 15 Digital Laser Measure (measuring up to 15 metres)
Bosch PLR 15 Digital Laser Measure (measuring up to 15 metres)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use and very useful, 27 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little tool to have, really small and light, very simple to operate and easy to see the readings. I have found I have used this regularly and have found no niggles whatsoever. Highly recommended.

Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Offered by the pet shop Langport

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit with my cats, 12 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These cat biscuits were a big hit in this household. My cats are used to dry food, and we only give them wet food on occasion as they either take it or leave it with no preferences shown. This is the first time that the cats have 'accidentally' knocked over the bag to help themselves to extra food, so these must have been a big hit. My cats tell me these get 5 miaows so there is no higher praise I can bestow on these cat biscuits.

Journey Through the Solar System: The Wonderful World of Simon Abbott
Journey Through the Solar System: The Wonderful World of Simon Abbott
by Simon Abbott

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a five year old, 12 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My little boy is just learning about space at school, so it was great to have a chance to try this book out to see what help it could offer him.
This book is fun, colourful and informative. It is a little short (24 pages) but is enough for a five year old to read in one go without any signs of boredom. My boy now chooses his own bedtime books and this is a firm favourite. Also, when I took him to a museum recently, he told me the names of the planets (in the correct order), and also facts about them that he had gleaned from this book. This for me means that behind the colour and the fun, this book is designed to help kids learn, which has to be a good thing in my eyes.

Dettol Anti Bacterial Multi Action Power and Fresh Sparkling Lemon and Lime 72 Large Wipes (Pack of Eight)

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate cleaning wipes, 12 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We are a house infected with cats, who will happily evacuate food from any orifice at a whim so it was great to test out these wipes against the feline army, and I am pleased to say that these wipes have definitely won the battle. We also have a 5 year old who manages to miss his mouth quite a lot when eating, and again Dettol have come out on top. The packaging is simple but effective, with a little sticky tab to keep the wipes damp. The wipes are about the right size for our needs, and perform admirably around the home.
I review items regularly on Amazon, and my wife has told me on numerous occasions that these are brilliant, so I cannot think of anything less than 5 stars for these.

Dettol Surface Cleanser with Lime and Mint 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Surface Cleanser with Lime and Mint 750 ml (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and smells clean, 12 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We all know that Dettol products are very effective at killing germs, and this boast has been around for as long as I remember so it is great that you can still rely on it's nearly 100 per cent effectiveness. This is a large bottle, with a decent adjustable spray head, which cleans really well around the house. The smell could be lime and mint, but I am not convinced as the lime was not present in my bottle (or I could not smell it if it was), but it does smell fresh when you first spray it although this does fade quickly. This is a great product from a trusted brand.

Tivoli Audio PAL+ DAB/DAB+ Portable Radio - Union Jack
Tivoli Audio PAL+ DAB/DAB+ Portable Radio - Union Jack

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant DAB Radio, 30 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This really looks the part with a snazzy Union Flag on the front. Setup is extremely simple - plug it in and the radio searches for the available FM/DAB stations, and then you are off and running. Changing channels is simple to do. The battery only took an hour or so to charge (I assume this is partially charged as it should take just over 3 hours normally) and then I unplugged it and tried it around the home. Sound quality is great and you can personalise the equaliser settings if needed. Build quality excellent - robust and well thought out. The remote control is simple to use and understand, and has a little pocket you can store it in when not in use. There is also an AUX jack so you can plug your ipod etc. into it.

The radio is splash proof, so can be used in the bathroom, or the kitchen (mine mainly lives in the kitchen, although it has had a few trips into the bathroom).

This must be the most used item I have received from Amazon for some time. Overall an excellent Dab/FM radio.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 5:11 PM GMT

Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
Offered by Phone Exchange

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Fun, 12 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Misfit Shine is very nicely packaged, the 'box' was like a plastic bubble, similar to, say, earplug packaging. Instructions were sparse, mostly pictorial, and I did struggle to remove Shine from the cardboard. Once removed and assembled (you need to open Shine up to insert the batteries and choose your preferred method of wearing it (as a watch or attached via a magnet)) then Shine needs to synced to an app. In my case I attempted to find the app via the App Store on my iPad, and after failing there I went to the misfit website. Once downloaded and installed on your device you can then sync Shine, which means you can set the time, choose your desired favorite activity and set your goals. I chose cycling as my activity and 1000 points as my goal.
I cycle to work regularly, so have taken Shine with me. As I am cycling I attach Shine to my ankle as I feel this gives a better indication than wearing it on my wrist. I have also worn it in the shower with no adverse reactions. I find an hour of cycling, together with walking during the day, helps me reach my goal.
Shine is very easy to use, a simple tap (or combination of taps) will show you the time, how close you are to your goal, or when you start exercising. It is easy to link back to your device so you can see graphically how you are getting on.

Audio-Technica ATH-CKX5IS Sonic Fuel In Ear Headphones  -  Black
Audio-Technica ATH-CKX5IS Sonic Fuel In Ear Headphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit, great sound, but a little bulky., 6 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a lovely set of earphones, really nice packaging, with a little carry bag to (hopefully) stop the earphones tangling up into a ball, and also to keep the different sized 'buds' together in one place. The fit of these 'phones are great - snug and comfortable, and they feel like they will stay in your ears for as long as you need them, unlike other in ear headphones I have used.
Sound quality is good, not great. I have experienced better sound from cheaper earphones, but as these are more suited for multi-use (listening to music/films, playing games, and as a microphone for phone calls) they are more than adequate. The headphones do isolate outside sounds very well, though. The volume slider feels a bit cheap compared to the rest, and lets the side down a little. The bulkiness is a little bit disappointing. I am sure that they could have been designed to be less bulky, but this could have detracted from the 'multi-purpose' nature.
Overall, a well designed, well thought out multi purpose headphone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20