Profile for Ms. Kim Vernon > Reviews

Midnight Memories
Midnight Memories
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but..., 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
My niece will adore this, it arrived swiftly and as described. However, I ordered this before I saw the programme detailing how badly Amazon treat their staff and I probably won't be buying from the again because of this. I would rather pay a little extra in the shops than support such employment practices in this day and age.

Ladies & Gentlemen / Stones In Exile / Some Girls: Live In Texas - Anniversary Edition [DVD] [2012] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ The Rolling Stones

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating, 17 Feb. 2013
I came to the Stones quite late and am mainly familiar with their later dvds. I've seen clips of older concerts on documentaries but never the full thing before. This is a treat with two concerts from 72 and 78 plus the Exile documentary. Real slice of history in all cases. Both the concerts are great in their own way. Ladies and Gentleman brilliant and band probably at their best, though the Some Girls concert has it's charm also, set in the punk era the band seem determined not to be outpunked by the new boys.

For the price, this really is a gem of a deal.

The Last Time They Met
The Last Time They Met
by Anita Shreve

5.0 out of 5 stars the ending makes it!, 15 July 2011
This review is from: The Last Time They Met (Paperback)
I couldn't disagree more with the reviewers here who say the ending ruins the book. On the contrary it's what lifts it to a whole other level. It makes perfect sense of the rest of the story and is truly heart-wrenching.

The Seal Children
The Seal Children
by Jackie Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars not just for kids, 29 May 2011
This review is from: The Seal Children (Paperback)
Bought this for my 13 year old niece thinking I would have to explain to her that the text was for younger kids but that I thought she would find the pictures inspiring (as a budding painter). Having read it I can see it's not too young for her at all (or indeed for me - I want my own copy now - a lovely story).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely little charm, 9 Jan. 2011
I bought this for my niece for Xmas, she had just done a class show about seahorses and she absolutely loves it!

Time Out Budapest - 6th Edition
Time Out Budapest - 6th Edition
by Time Out Guides Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent guide book, 2 Mar. 2009
We went last winter and this book was one of the best city guides I've ever come across. We intended to use it for restaurants/cafes some of the time and just 'fall in' to others but we found the ones it recommended so good we used it all the time.

I tried to get one for Krakow later but they don't do one!