Profile for Sue > Reviews

New Digital LCD Display Breath Test Tester Police Alcohol Analyzer Breathalyzer
Offered by GLOBALEBUY-UK
Price: 14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply doesn't work!, 1 April 2014
I bought this prior to a university formal, knowing that I would be driving home the next day and wanting to know that I would be safe and legal to do so. I tested the breathalyser upon returning from the night out, after several cocktails and glasses of champagne, and it still read 0! Not very encouraging when I am trying to ensure my safety. I will be returning the product.

A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2)
A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 April 2013
A great second book to the series, George R. R. Martin is a fantastic writer. Hope they continue. Winter is coming

Safe House
Safe House
Price: 3.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable without quite hitting the spot, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
A good story but the pacing was a little staccato in my view. It was hard to warm to many of the characters but I did like the switching from first to third person. Overall I wouldn't put anyone off from reading this but I wouldn't rush out to recommend it either.

Race of a Lifetime: How Obama Won the White House
Race of a Lifetime: How Obama Won the White House
by Mark Halperin
Price: 7.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously fantastic! - A must have for anyone interested in US politics, 21 Nov 2010
I adored reading this book! Besides being an absolute page-turner, to the point where it feels like you're reading a good fiction novel(!), it goes into detail about every aspect of the primaries and the election for the Presidency throughout their duration. Particularly stunning is its integration of opinions into the book from key figures in the States; I find it fascinating to combine a person's way of thinking with their politics, but maybe that's just me!

Aside from this, it includes all of the typical analysis of each candidate's progression to their eventual success or demise, including Hillary Clinton and John Edwards as well as Barack Obama and John McCain. It also provides an interesting focus on the Vice Presidency and its candidates, fairly assessing each and proving the media portrayal of Joe Biden and Sarah Palin could easily have swayed public perception in a dishonest way. I also found it fantastic that the authors highlight Obama's weaknesses alongside his strengths - a feature many of the publications written about his ascension appear to lack. I actually came to realise just how bitter the President of the United states was in his primary against his Secretary of State, and it has led to a full re-evaluation of his presidency in my eyes. All of this is done in a way which, as I have mentioned, makes it feel like fiction - it is paced well, and is a truly juicy read!

If you're looking for a book which comprehensively and impartially critiques the US Presidential Election to within an inch of it's life, while not becoming dull, this is the book for you.