Profile for CambridgeBSc > Reviews

CambridgeBSc

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Panasonic NN-CT579SSlimline Combination Microwave Oven, Stainless Steel
Panasonic NN-CT579SSlimline Combination Microwave Oven, Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Build Quality at an all time low. ONGOING FAULT!!!! The machine CAUGHT FIRE and put us all in danger.., 15 Dec. 2014
To say that Panasonic's build quality has gone downhill in recent years must be the understatement of the year. Gone are the days when their microwaves used to last 25 years without a problem. Instead what I have dealt with is an utter nightmare which could have put my family in danger.

To tell you the truth, since I bought the product, I was never totally satisfied with its quality. It's rated at 1000w output which is extremely rare for a microwave. I can tell you that this is honestly just "another number" as I have not noticed any improvements in cooking time whatsoever over an 850w model. I think the reason for this is that the microwave has been "leaking" (you might want to look this up) and therefore has not been able to operate at its best. A bag of microwaveable popcorn took well over 3 minutes to cook, when it used to take around 2 minutes 30 in my old 850w Morphy Richards model. Another family member also has this model, and they've already sent their one back because of a leak. Remember, this is potentially dangerous to your health so why this fault is so common with this model is beyond me!

Moving onto my main concern is the fact that the microwave caught fire when it was operating. I've only had this product about 6 months, and I barely use it to be honest. After casually putting some microwave popcorn in as I was getting ready to watch a movie, I started to smell smoke as I walked off. I recall it smelt "plasticy" and this is probably because the inner seal on the door had melted off and caught fire. Had I not been in the kitchen at the time, who knows what could have happened! Who can honestly say that they always stay in the kitchen when the microwave is on?

It's disgusting to know that this fault goes back years, as I've seen many negative reviews on this website and on others. The fact that Panasonic has done nothing about this and continue to put their customers at risk is really irresponsible and something should be done about this. As I said, I know people who have this microwave and have experienced the same sort of thing and the negative reviews are all over the internet, all complaining about the same problems I have experienced.

I'm trying to send this unit back to Amazon/Panasonic as it has put my family in danger. I definitely DO NOT want a replacement unit and only a FULL REFUND will be acceptable for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2015 4:41 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars You'd be absolutely crazy not to buy these, 17 May 2014
Bought these speakers a few months ago. They sound absolutely fantastic. Rich, detailed, expressive - the sound is all there.

I have been following the HiFi industry for years now and have tried many different species of bookshelf speaker. I can safely say that this has easily got to be on of the best buys right now. I don't know how Castle can manufacture a speaker that sounds this good (easily in the £300-500 price range) and look amazing too. The wood veneer is really top notch and I've seen speakers that cost 2-3x as much that look cheap compared to these (6 series B&W is just a start!).

I bought the walnut finish and I am extremely happy with it. I have to admit, I bought these just out of interest and was not expecting very much but my oh my, the sound coupled with the top quality design makes this speaker really shine for me. You can see that Castle have put loads of effort into making this speaker as high quality as possible. I can't honestly see how anybody is making a profit on these. Even the box and the wrapping inside is fantastic (they even give you gloves to handle them!).

As I've said before, I am comparing this purchase to several in the past. I have listened to Wharfedale 9.1s, 10.1s 121s, B&W 685s, Monitor Audio Bronze/Silvers and many more and this thing easily beats the Wharfs and is better than the 685s in many respects (I always felt the 685s had a faded midrange). The Monitor Audios are too fatiguing for me to listen to for more than an hour because of that harsh treble, it has to be said. The Castle speakers have fantastic bass (weighty, punchy and surprisingly deep for 5" drivers) a detailed midrange and a rich, detailed (not sparkly) treble.

You would be mad not to try these. I guarantee you there is no such thing as a speaker better than these in terms of sound under £300 and in terms of build quality easily under £400 there isn't a better built stand-mount speaker.

I am so impressed with these gems :)

Castle Knight 1 Speakers (Pair) (Mahogany)
Castle Knight 1 Speakers (Pair) (Mahogany)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic Sound! For the money - you would be mad not to buy!, 17 May 2014

I am so impressed with these gems :)

OCR AS Economics Student Book
OCR AS Economics Student Book
by Colin Bamford

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 29 April 2014
This book really helped me to pass my exam. I used it alongside my A-level revision course at econacademy.co.uk and I passed with an A* overall!

I am now at Cambridge, studying Economics BSc.

Edexcel A2 Economics Student Unit Guide New Edition: Unit 3 Business Economics and Economic Efficiency
by Rachel Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 29 April 2014
This book really helped me to pass my Macro exam. I used it alongside my A-level revision course at econacademy.co.uk and I passed with an A* overall!

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2014 2:05 PM GMT

AQA A2 Economics Student Unit Guide New Edition: Unit 3 Business Economics and the Distribution of Income

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely to revise from, 29 April 2014
This book really helped me to pass my Micro exam. I used it alongside my A-level revision course at econacademy.co.uk and I passed with an A* overall!

Edexcel A2 Economics Student Unit Guide New Edition: Unit 4 The Global Economy
Edexcel A2 Economics Student Unit Guide New Edition: Unit 4 The Global Economy
by Quintin Brewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 29 April 2014

I am now at Cambridge, studying Economics BSc.

Edexcel AS Economics Student Unit Guide, unit 1: Competitive Markets: How They Work and Why they Fail
by Mark Gavin

5.0 out of 5 stars A great find, 29 April 2014

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2014 7:04 PM BST

AQA AS Economics Student Unit Guide: Unit 2 New Edition               The National Economy
AQA AS Economics Student Unit Guide: Unit 2 New Edition The National Economy

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books, 29 April 2014

I am now at Cambridge, studying Economics BSc.

AQA AS Economics Student Unit Guide: Unit 1 New Edition               Markets and Market Failure
AQA AS Economics Student Unit Guide: Unit 1 New Edition Markets and Market Failure

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books, 29 April 2014
This book really helped me to pass my exams. I used it alongside my A-level revision course at econacademy.co.uk and I passed with an A* overall! I am now at Cambridge, studying Economics BSc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4