Profile for M. Blakey > Reviews

Content by M. Blakey

M. Blakey "I do have a life - I have many on World of Warcraft" (England - North East)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Super-bargains

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as i expected it to be, 8 Nov. 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
After all the hype from the media about the release of the game I pre-ordered this game and collected it at midnight and went home and put the disk straight into the console. I would like to mention that I have played only the multiplayer so far and that is what this review will be based on.

At first I was really looking forward to playing online because I have bought all of the CoD Games that have came out in the past.....sadly I have to say its just the same as any other CoD game. Yeah there are a few different modes such as confirm a kill which includes the player collecting a dog tag after a kill or collect a fallen comrade to stop the other team from gaining a point and it can be at times frustrating but adds a nice twist to the team deathmatch. Also with streak modifications they have added a set for helping out your team with bonuses.

I find that the maps are very compact and I find that you just run round shoot, kill or get killed and the same thing over and over.

There are allot of comparison with CoD and Battlefield and I honestly have to say that BF takes my vote because I find there is more interaction with you squad/team and the vast amount of space of the maps.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2011 2:04 PM GMT

Dell AlienWare M11x 11.6 inch gaming Laptop (Intel Pentium SU4100 1.3 GHz, 4Gb, 320Gb, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Cosmic Black))

5.0 out of 5 stars ******Quality Laptop******, 5 Jan. 2011
Hi Everyone

I haven't actually bought this laptop from Amazon but I thought i would leave you all a review of it since this I have allot to say about this laptop. Firstly i would just like to start off by saying....THIS IS A GREAT MACHINE!!!! Yeah it is abit over priced but that is what you expect for a gaming laptop. if you don't want to spend that amount of money get a desktop...simples.

I have had my laptop for a couple off weeks now and I love it every minute...with the adjustable lighting system you can do advanced settings for themes such as flash when you receive a e-mail, have different lighting for the applications that you are using and fade in and out of two colours.

With the gaming side of this as it is a gaming a machine there is nothing I can fault. Every game that I have installed so far just play super clear, crisp and fluent with no lag spikes. This is all on high graphics which look awesome. The screen is great quality and the touch of the key pad is great as your hands just fall in the right places.

The battery life for this epic machine is not too bad at all, with switching between graphics setting you can save battery life for just your usual day to day activities and it will last up to 8hrs...while gaming i have gotten out 3.5hrs which is a great amount of time for any1 all in one go.

i will end this with one fault (which cannot be helped) is no CD/DVD Reader, but this is expected as it is a Notebook laptop.

Such a great buy and really glad I got it.....not a problem at all with games and works great.

Games installed on high/Ultra graphics:

Splinter Cell Conviction
World of Warcraft
Star Craft
Singularity
Portal
Warhammer Dawn of War 2 & Chaos expantion.

World of Warcraft Dungeon Companion, Volume III (Official Strategy Guides (Bradygames))
by BradyGames

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy for inexperienced lvl 80's, 12 April 2010
If you are buying this book then you already know abit about world of warcraft from the previous volumes. If you are like me and have just got your first character to lvl 80 then all the information needed to do heroic dungeons, to get epic gear for the character spec, and how to get the best out of your gear before you go through with all raids. As you know to do a raid there are a lot of expectations to new people!!! If you where like me I couldn't do anything because I was inexperienced and no-one would let me join. I bought this to get more insight into raids so I wasn't a liability to the group. All the information I needed about the different tactics for bosses was there. It's easy to find which raid you are doing with the contents and it is easily read, I normally join the group and have a quick read through while we put a group together. The presentation of the contents is real snazzy...it gives a brief intro about who is needed for the group and also where to find the entrance to the raid. It has plenty of screen shots while going into detail and what needs to be done. I would strongly recommend this book to anyone. I am still not a strong raider but I have only had this a month now and it has helped me out with everything I need to know about turning lvl 80. This is the best purchase I have made on Amazon and I will continue to develop my characters with this book until the next expansion...don't delay remember there are a lot of expectations for characters. Good luck to people who have bought this you are one step closer to being a better raider.

Regards