Profile for Melchisedech > Reviews

Content by Melchisedech

Melchisedech (Brittany, France)

The Epistle to the Romans (Galaxy Books)
The Epistle to the Romans (Galaxy Books)
by Karl Barth

5.0 out of 5 stars The Epistle to the Romans, 23 May 2010
I must begin by saying that at this stage I am unable to review this book in its entirety. I purchased this book because it appeared amongst references listed by Jacob Needleman in his book, 'What is God?' What I did not expect was the depth to which Karl Barth reaches in his work on St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans.
There are many levels of understanding that can be accessed in Karl Barth's work, maybe all of which can only come about, or at the very least, through personal meditative experience. I would suspect that this work may not be very approachable without some previous understanding of one's own spiritual/psychological explorations. Having said that, I would nevertheless encourage anyone to read this book, but with the understanding that much, if not most, of the epistle is about the esoteric rather than the exoteric world.
I regret I am unable to say more, but there is such a wealth of material to be explored here that any detailed review at this stage risks being shallow and inconsequential.