Profile for D. Palmer > Reviews

Content by D. Palmer

D. Palmer "pabs" (glasgow)

Page: 1 | 2
Sunsense Sun Protection Lip Balm SPF50 15g
Sunsense Sun Protection Lip Balm SPF50 15g
Offered by UK Pharmacy Direct
Price: 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 Oct 2013
This is the best SPF lip balm I've tried. Keeps your lips moisturised, even in very dry conditions, and has no taste.

EXTREME PREJUDICE: The Terrifying Story of the Patriot Act and the Cover Ups of 9/11 and Iraq
Price: 6.41

5.0 out of 5 stars an essential read, 7 Oct 2013
To all those people who say that there are no 9/11 whistle-blowers who have real inside knowledge, please read Susan Lindauer's book.

Nikon GP1-CA90 Accessory Cable for GP-1
Nikon GP1-CA90 Accessory Cable for GP-1
Price: 38.19

3.0 out of 5 stars outrageously expensive, 7 Oct 2013
It's a cable, and it does what it's supposed to do, but it's another example of Nikon's shameless exploitation in the area of photographic accessories. I wouldn't be surprised if the manufacturing cost is about one per cent of the retail price. There are third party alternatives which are cheaper and better.

45 Watt Bayonet B22 Bulb
45 Watt Bayonet B22 Bulb
Offered by Androv Medical
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Bulb, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: 45 Watt Bayonet B22 Bulb
I love the light which this bulb emits. It is bright but still very easy on the eyes because it is simulated daylight. I am just about to order my second one, as the first has finally given up the ghost. I looked at my Amazon account to see when I had bought it and it's lasted pretty much exactly 2 years. Considering that it is on more than any other bulb in my house, I'd say that is good value.

WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)
Price: 99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Got a duff one, 19 Oct 2010
I only used this once. Half way through backing up my files the back-up stopped and my machine froze. I tried to reboot, but the machine was stuck in a loop and wouldn't reboot. Figuring that the external hard drive had caused the problem, I disconnected it and everything has worked fine since. I sent it back to Amazon for a refund.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst after sales service ever, 9 Sep 2010
As long as your headphones work they are a great bit of kit. However, Bose QC phones are built to break. and once broken, they cannot tbe repaired. There is a weak spot on the wishbone-shaped plastic bracket which attaches the phones to the headband, and this piece snaps. The piece in question could easily be replaced by Bose if they offered it as a replacement part, but they don't, despite hundreds of customers complaining about this issue. If you don't believe me, then just Google Bose QC headphones and read all the similar tales of woe. Compare this to Sennheiser, who have replaced the pads of their headphones which I bought over 35 years ago. I'll never buy Bose again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2011 12:52 AM BST

ION LP 2 Flash USB Turntable
ION LP 2 Flash USB Turntable

3.0 out of 5 stars decent but flawed, 11 Aug 2010
This review is from: ION LP 2 Flash USB Turntable
This deck does make decent MP3 recordings, but is let down by a very annoying interface. It's unnecessarily complicated, and by far the most irritating feature is that it constantly defaults to the lowest quality setting of 128k. Since I (and probably most users) want to record at the highest setting of 192k, I have to reset this EVERY time I want to record a track.

Sellotape Dualcore Dispenser Economy Blk
Sellotape Dualcore Dispenser Economy Blk

5.0 out of 5 stars Weel made, 2 Feb 2010
I recently broke the Sellotape dispenser that I've been using for over 20 years, but this is a fine replacement. Does the job, and is actually better than my old one at staying put when I need to use it one-handed, due to the very effective non-slip pads on the base.

Sony DVPFX730W 7-inch Portable DVD Player - White
Sony DVPFX730W 7-inch Portable DVD Player - White

5.0 out of 5 stars one happy girlfriend, 2 Feb 2010
I bought this for my partner for Christmas and she loves it. The picture quality is spot on, and the sound is surprisingly good for a tiny (as opposed to tinny) pair of built-in speakers (much better than my Archos in that respect). It plays a good variety of downloaded files as well as DVDs. Cool looks and solid build. Worth the money.

Androv 23 Watt Bayonet Full Spectrum Bulb
Androv 23 Watt Bayonet Full Spectrum Bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big improvement, 2 Feb 2010
I've had this bulb in my computer room for a year now, and can attest to the benefits. It provides a much better ambience for working. I get less headaches. There is a clearer, cleaner feel about the atmosphere. It does take a little while to adjust to the white light, as we are normally fairly oblivious as to how yellow 'normal' indoor lighting is. I wouldn't have one of these in my living room; it's too bright and harsh for that. But for a reading, working, computer room, it's ideal.

Page: 1 | 2