Profile for gisdo > Reviews

Olympus 10 x 21 DPC I Silver Binoculars
Olympus 10 x 21 DPC I Silver Binoculars
Price: 36.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Makes things far away appear quite close. Olympus quality, Amazon service, enough said?

Tigerbox Protective Hexagonal Gel Cover Skin Case For Apple iPhone 4 / 4S - Black
Offered by Accessoryworld
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars No, No, No, 15 Nov 2013
Distorted, Poor fit, dark splodges of solid black embedded in the Gel. Very disappointed. Did I send it back? too much effort. Unpacked it tried it binned it, all in 30 seconds.

Sharpe 3-Book Collection 3: Sharpe's Trafalgar, Sharpe's Prey, Sharpe's Rifles (Sharpe 01)
Price: 5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Why wouldnt't you, 15 Nov 2013
Three books for the price of one, has to be a bargain. Three of Mr Cornwell's superb Sharpe novels for the price of one, BRILLIANT!

Genuine iPhone 4 Home Button with Flex Cable Guaranteed OEM Products [Colour: Black]
Offered by digitalbayshop
Price: 2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 15 Nov 2013
Perfect fit and exact match for original item. A little patience and courage and the button fell into place. Result, perfect home button action for just a few pence.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40EB-K Compact Camera - Black (18.2MP, 20x Optical Zoom Leica DC Lens, Wi-Fi with NFC, Built in GPS, 24mm Wide Angle, 50P Full HD Video - AVCHD) 3 inch LCD
Offered by 'Micro-INN'
Price: 187.49

4.0 out of 5 stars What a shame, 11 July 2013
Ordered yesterday to replace my trusty TZ8. Arrived today, excellent service, but wait, the one I was sent had a European two pin ac charger and a cheap and nasty three pin travel adapter, marked ' export only'. There were half a dozen instruction booklets, not one of them in English.. I am a regular and enthusiastic customer, this is simply shoddy behaviour, the camera is boxed up ready to go back tomorrow, I will then wait 3 - 4 weeks for my refund. It gets 4 stars because the camera is not at fault and I am not able to rate the customer experience.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2013 1:11 PM BST

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not good enough, 20 Nov 2012
Good as an ereader, handles and displays photographs brilliantly. Web browser is surprisingly good. Lack of flash player is a great shame but not Amazon's fault. Adobe withdraws support for Andriod just when it it really getting a good grip on the smart phone/tablet market place, good move guys.

The real problem is the stupid blocking of access to Google Play app store. Amazon, I resent you telling me what apps I can purchase and from where .

I am writing this on a kindle fire and it is driving me crazy! The interface is really making things hard, the cursor is not at the insertion point all the time so consequently making correction is troublesome and the typing window doesn't scroll properly .

If I had just three words to sum up, they would be buy an iPad. That is from a serious Amazon/Kindle fan.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2012 2:27 PM GMT

Amazon Kindle Leather Cover, Black (will only fit Kindle)
Amazon Kindle Leather Cover, Black (will only fit Kindle)
Price: 30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 1 Dec 2011
Kindle Leather Cover, Black
I have read the negative reviews and considered long and hard before committing to a purchase. I even bought a slip case for 12.00 plus p & p. because of reviews which were less than flattering. It damaged the finish on the rear panel of my beloved Kindle.

I bought this cover today from PC World. What a super piece of kit. The Kindle sits neatly and securely into the slightly flexible plastic body of the case, no unsightly straps here, the back of the case is leather covered and is plain and delightfully smooth. The front cover has been criticised in more than review for being flimsy, I cannot agree, it is thin but it is rigid. The leather is fine grained unlike the pebble grain of the Kindle 3 case, the stitching is neat and well finished the embossed Kindle name is crisp and gives an air of quality and refinement. The inside face of the front cover is covered in the familiar grey microfibre suede like material with Kindle 'embossed' into the service and despite the comments of at least one reviewer it does fold neatly back so the Kindle can be held easily with one hand.

OK there is no means to secure the cover in the closed position, but I for one don't want a tab of some sort flapping about in my field of vision and the elastic cord of the previous model came in for criticism for one reason or another. Do paper books have closure devices?

I have a Kindle 3 and unlit cover and a Kindle 4 and this cover. The Kindle's are very different from each other and so to are the covers, each cover compliments the Kindle for which they were designed. It is a mistake to compare one with the other.

To those who criticise the price I say "have you really looked at the price of the aftermarket alternatives?" and as someone who has damaged the finish on his Kindle with a cheaper alternative I would say it is a bargain and I have no problem recommending this cover.

Samsung N145 Plus 10.1 inch Netbook PC (Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Webcam, Win 7 Starter) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Little Netbook, 16 Jun 2011

I ordered this Netbook 1155am Sunday 12th June, it was delivered before 1000 Monday 13th June. The quality of service from Amazon and their chosen couriers never ceases to amaze me.

For anyone confused and to answer the question raised by a fellow reveiwer, this is an N145Plus, the sticker on the bottom of may new toy says so, the sticker also shows mine was assembled in April 2011. This machine is an update on the previous similarly named model, the difference being an upgrade to use the faster DDR3 RAM. Hello Amazon, I hope you are reading this; although you have changed the tech spec section of the product description to reflect the new memory protocol, you are still showing the option to buy the netbook a cover and 2GB of DDR2 RAM. Anyone buying one of these machines, it does use DDR3 to confirm that point 'DDR3 ONLY' is printed under the memory module. Be warned.

This is my first foray into any form of mobile computing I am pleasantly surprised. At this point I should admit to a bit of a soft spot for Samsung products. The netbook itself feels solid and well made, the matt or satin finish of the lid doesn't show finger marks like the N150 I looked at in a high street store which looked like a crime scene investigators training aid. The amount of pre installed 'bloatware' is minimal, one program which has proved useful already is Samsung update manager which searches for driver updates. I used the program and it found three updated drivers including one for the wireless net work card.

As a personal choice I have ditched the trial version of Norton Internet secutity (Nothing against Norton, I have used their products for many years and still do. Internet Security 2011 is installed on my desk top and I love it). On this netbook I am using Microsoft's Security Essentials, which I feel is less resource hungry for a modestly powered device. I have also ditched Internet Explorer in favour of Google Chrome for the same reasons. I am truly impressed with the machine's nippy performance, it won't break any computing records but to perform the tasks for which it was designed it is a little cracker, even with the supplied 1GB of Ram. When I ordered the netbook I also ordered a 2GB module of RAM, If you are familiar with the expression of 'bang for your buck' you will know what my next comment is; buy the memory upgrade, for around 15 you can't go wrong.

I am going to get a lot of pleasure from my new N145Plus. I know you will too.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2011 5:43 PM GMT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Fragile, 10 Feb 2011
My original impression of these feeders was extremely positive, they appeared well made and of high quality and In my first review in February I awarded 5 stars, however having lived with the feeder for a while a problem has revealed itself. The persex tube is far to brittle. One of the two feeders I purchased was knocked to the ground by a large bird and the main tube of the feeder cracked badly and terminally around the mounting holes for the feeding portals, large prortions of the tube below each portal have broken away and cannot be re-fixed preventng the portals from being secured (perspex is immune to superglue), consequently the feeder is useless.

I have checked the other feeder I purchased at the same time and have discovered small cracks in the same area, this feeder has not be dropped so the problem in this case at least is caused by it's design not abuse or rough handling.

I had high hopes for these feeders but in all honesty can no longer award 5 stars or recommend them.

Alkaline Batteries - LR41 - Srip of 10
Alkaline Batteries - LR41 - Srip of 10
Offered by Premier Solutions
Price: 1.12

4.0 out of 5 stars These are batteries - they store electricty, 2 Jan 2011
Excellent value. The batteries have a long shelf life. I am using them in 'A Really Tiny Book Light' they last well giving an estimated total reading time in excess of 24 hrs, before needing replacement.

Page: 1 | 2