Profile for Phoebe > Reviews

Phoebe (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Kelo-cote Advanced Formula Scar Gel 15g
Kelo-cote Advanced Formula Scar Gel 15g

2.0 out of 5 stars Used regularly for months; no results whatsoever!, 20 Jun. 2016
I have been using this regularly for several months on two relatively new scars - one on the shoulder as result of a small surgical procedure; the other on the knee from a running spill. I don't think it has made one bit of difference to either of them, unfortunately. Neither seems to have faded in the slightest, so I wouldn't recommend this project based on my experience.

Sinucleanse Neti-Pot System KIT AS SEEN ON TV, Free 30 salt packets
Sinucleanse Neti-Pot System KIT AS SEEN ON TV, Free 30 salt packets
Offered by We Ship Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch on you tube first and you won't go wrong..., 17 Mar. 2016
I watched a you tube video of how to use one of these things before embarking on it the first time and was surprised at how easy and un-unpleasant I actually found it to use (I was slightly dreading it). I would definitely recommend doing that as the written instructions are unavoidably quite hard to follow and it definitely helps to see someone else do it before you embark.
It has helped my breathing (I am all stuffed up with sinusitis).
I use half a sachet of the salt (a full one made my nose sting) and just use warm water out of the tap. Some places recommend boiled/distilled water, but that seems like far to much of a palaver and your nose isn't sterile anyway so it isn't necessary (not just me saying this but I read it in 'Healing your Sinuses" by some Harvard doc).

Philips HP6390/10 Facial Precision Trimmer Hot Pink
Philips HP6390/10 Facial Precision Trimmer Hot Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, once you can get into the packaging...., 17 Mar. 2016
I bought this on the basis of recommendations on Amazon and am happy with it. However it took me about half an hour to get it out of the manufacturer's packaging (you basically have to tear it to shreds to get into the damn thing), the instructions for use are pretty lacking (virtually non-existent) but for what I need it for (trimming hair below the hairline on the back of my neck), it works very well and is easy to use. There are various bits and pieces that come with it (which I may or may not ever use), so a pouch to keep it in would have been nice, but I would recommend it.

The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k
The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k
by Sarah Knight

3.0 out of 5 stars Good advice about the power of not giving a stuff about things you don't give a stuff about, 17 Mar. 2016
I like the spirit of this, but it is basically an extended magazine article rather than a book. Her philosophy - which I entirely embrace - is:

1. Decide the things you don't give a stuff about (I paraphrase slightly....)
2. Don't give a stuff about those things.
3. Don't feel bad about not giving a stuff about them.

The rest of the book is basically padding, although it is quite engaging if you like that kinda thing.

Slendertone Women's Facial Toning Solution
Slendertone Women's Facial Toning Solution

4.0 out of 5 stars After a false start, I got the hang of it in the end and am glad I persevered, 17 Mar. 2016
I found this harder to get on with initially than I was expecting. I couldn't get the sticky pads to stay stuck, and then got caught them in my hair (where they stuck very well) the first time I tried to put it on. This thing looks like headphones and it took me a while to train myself out of trying to put it on by bringing it over my head (which is exactly what they tell you not to do in the instructions...). Another problem was I also had the settings up too high the first few times, which was uncomfortable and means you can't actually do anything (other than squint and wink like an idiot) during the allotted 20 minutes, which I found frustrating (time is precious!). I found the instructions about where to place it on your face confusing, but this maybe because my face is quite thin and small. However, after a few goes I have now got the hang of it - I am not sure the exact placement is that important - and have been using it every day for a couple of weeks and, crucially, I would say it has definitely made a difference to the firmness of my face. I use it on a relatively low setting, which means can read/deal with emails, etc, while I am using it which is also a bonus.

MediaDevil iPhone 4/4S Case (Turquoise) - Tinskin Aluminium Metal Back Cover Case
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Literally the best iphone cover ever!! Miles better than any of the others..., 13 Aug. 2014
These are, literally, the best iphone covers in the world! A truly brilliant and well designed product, so all credit to what I think is a new and young team that produce them. I bought two, blue for my teenage son and silver for me. We both v pleased with them - the silver one just looks like an integral part of the phone, so is really discrete (which I like), the blue is more noticeable (which he likes). I am about to get a black one for my other son. It is a clever design, just sits on the back of the phone. We've been using them for a couple of weeks and they stay on, no problem (despite no obvious means of adhesion, etc - which is what I mean about clever design...). I thought the price is pretty good to, as they are a class above anything else I've seen or had previously. I would really recommend.

Modern Family - Season 4 [DVD]
Modern Family - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ed O'Neill

2.0 out of 5 stars The series when Modern Family jumps the shark...., 1 Jun. 2014
It had to happen at some point, but this series is when this previously brilliant and nicely-observed comedy loses the plot. There are still some funny and genuinely moving moments (bits of it still make me cry...), but the writing seems to have gone off the boil in a major way. Mitch and Cam have degenerated into a pair of screaming, limp-wristed queens - all flapping hands and shrieking; Gloria is reduced to little more than displaying her breasts, gurning and yelling in the most OTT Colombian accent imaginable. The episode where she won't stop singing to her, as yet, unborn child is truly terrible ('tweenkle, tweenkile leetle lamb....). Minor characters are given a prominence that the writing and their acting abilities doesn't really merit - Luke, Manny and Lily, for example, really aren't that funny or interesting. Even Phil gets a raw deal from the scriptwriter: the episode where he invites a man that he met at the gym home, not realising the latter is gay and thinks it's a date, is just annoying and goes on way too long....Even at its lamest Modern Family is still miles better than many sitcoms, but series 4 is quite a disappointment in this household.

The Bettersleep Company Brand Waterproof Quilted Microfibre Mattress Protectors Single Bed- Hotel Quality Anti Dustmite, Waterproof, Absorbent, Breathable & Fully Fitted
Offered by The Better Sleep Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 28 Jan. 2014
A great waterproof mattress cover - which unlike some is not horrible and sweaty to sleep on. You genuinely won't notice it's there.

The Way, Way Back [DVD]
The Way, Way Back [DVD]
Dvd ~ Liam James
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, quirky film, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Way, Way Back [DVD] (DVD)
If you liked Little Miss Sunshine, Juno, etc, you should buy this. It has the same feel about it - beautifully acted and nicely observed. Highly recommended.

Northcore C-Mat Wetsuit Change Mat BLACK
Northcore C-Mat Wetsuit Change Mat BLACK
Offered by etailz UK

4.0 out of 5 stars great for surfers, 28 Jan. 2014
my surfing son really likes this. reasonable quality and v useful if you're changing on sand and don't want to get plastered in it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11