Profile for Mr. S. R. Reece > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. R. Reece
Top Reviewer Ranking: 339

Mr. S. R. Reece "Topcat" (West Midlands England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hercules [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Hercules [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Dwayne Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and vision movie, 25 Jan. 2015
Watched this movie on a Download and liked it very much, so decided to buy the Blu ray version.Just to mention ...It's NOT CRAP or rubbish as some have stated,it's a typical tongue in cheek movie with lots of action and great visuals...My review is not based on the film itself as this is a more personal taste...but on the disc I received....It came well packaged and in a 3D cover sleeve,which gives the impression the film is 3D...but it's Not...The picture quality and sound quality is top notch and my Blu Ray player ran at 40Mbps throughout the movie which is as high as they come...( I have the Oppo 103D )..the steering and soundstage is just as impressive...Highly recommended if you want to test out your system and also have a bit of action..Cheers

Robocop [Blu-ray] [2014]
Robocop [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Joel Kinnaman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and video quality, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Robocop [Blu-ray] [2014] (Blu-ray)
Watched this movie on a Download and liked it very much, so decided to buy the Blu ray version.Just to mention ...It's NOT CRAP as some have stated,it's a typical tongue in cheek movie with lots of action and great visuals...My review is not based on the film itself as this is a more personal taste...but on the disc I received....It came well packaged and in a 3D cover sleeve,which gives the impression the film is 3D...but it's Not...The picture quality and sound quality is top notch and my Blu Ray player ran at 40Mbps throughout the movie which is as high as they come...( I have the Oppo 103D )..the steering and soundstage is just as impressive...Highly recommended if you want to test out your system and also have a bit of action..Cheers

T-Cut Colour Fast Cleaner 500ml - Silver
T-Cut Colour Fast Cleaner 500ml - Silver
Offered by Compact Compatibles

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best colour match products for the price.., 21 Jan. 2015
I've used this product before on a car which had been abused placing luggage in and out of the boot...the flat part was badly marked...this was perfect, and after several applications the small scratches were barely visible.Great product for covering over slight marks that are made by bags,zips and the such like on doors and any other body panels...It doesn't matter about being the perfect match in colour...just pick the closest to match what you have..I would recommend after using it to apply a coat of wax to lock in the colour...Cheers

True Blood - Season 1-7 [Blu-ray] [2008] [Region Free]
True Blood - Season 1-7 [Blu-ray] [2008] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Alexander Skarsgaard

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series...Superb quality and sound..BUY IT..!!!, 20 Jan. 2015
My review is on the discs themselves and not the series..The majority of people who would have bought this already know how brilliant it is/was...But for those of you that might buy it on the off chance of liking it...be aware that the language...sex and violence might not suit many ...it is 18 rated...so you have been warned..!!!
I never did see the end of the series on the TV,like many series that were often sent to us from across the waters,so ...because I loved what I saw, I decided to buy the complete set,and so far I'm not dissapointed.
This Blu ray set is fantastic quality in sound and vision...It's actually full screen, so no top and bottom black bars...yeahhh...The sound is 5.1 and the steering is perfect (the very first episode shows just what a treat your in for)...and the depth of sound to is spot on...Picture quality is top notch also,despite there being a lot of dark scenes (well done HBO)...and the detail, sharp and crisp.With almost 72 hours over 33 discs it's a delight to watch every time you view the episodes...I'm half way through and I already know I'll be re-watching this without doubt..!!
In conclusion...if your a fan...BUY IT...if not and it's your first time...BUY IT...but just be aware of my warning...you won't regret it....Fabulous..Cheers

Oppo BDP103D 3D Blu Ray Player Black With Multi Region Board Fitted (R)
Oppo BDP103D 3D Blu Ray Player Black With Multi Region Board Fitted (R)
Offered by HiFix

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly made with fantastic results, 26 Dec. 2014
First thing I want to address is ...this machine has had an update...If you bought one before Oct 27th this should be available NOW...I have just had the latest model and the updates have come included....which brings me to a couple of reviewers comments...There is NO volume control now...it's fixed at 100%...this is a quick view of some of the fixes...although if you notice the volume is not mentioned
1. Resolved a Colour Space issue for the HDMI 1 Out in BDP-103D/105D Customers reported that if the Resolution was set to Source Direct and the Colour Space was set to RGB Video Level, the actual colour space sent out was RGB PC Level. This issue has been fixed in this firmware

2. Resolved a Picture Adjustment issue found on 75-0515 firmware. Customers reported that after changing the Picture Adjustment parameters for HDMI 1, the value of Contrast Enhancement would automatically go back to 0. It has been fixed in this firmware.

3. Resolved a playback issue with regular DVD discs found on 75-0515 firmware. Customers reported that if the "DVD 24p Conversion" was set to "On", pressing the REV (rewind) button within the DVD playback could cause the player to immediately freeze up. This issue has been resolved in this firmware

4. Resolved a HDMI Audio issue with some 2L Blu-ray Music discs. Customers reported that if the AV Sync was set to 90ms and above, there might be no audio signal from both HDMI outputs.

5. Modified the RS-232 serial control protocol: fixed an issue with "#SZM" that could not change the Aspect Ratio.

6. Improved the Gapless Playback feature, and resolved an issue where the gapless mode could not be enabled for some 96 kHz / 24-bit WAV files.

7. Improved support for CUE files, specifically for CUE files that point to multiple WAV files.

8. General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples. Expanded the character set library to support more languages in external subtitles.

9. Added support for MediaControl 3.0.

10. Added a feature that when streaming in 5.1ch or 7.1ch LPCM in bitstream mode, Players can output Dolby digital or DTS(Multichannel) through SPDIF.

...With that out of the way....I originally had LG's flagship model and was very pleased ...but I have been upgrading my system picture wise and Audio wise and I needed the best player I could get...and after much reading and searching decided on this,despite the high prce tag ( I bought the one with the Darbee Tech)..it's certainly worth it in my opinion...The first thing you will notice is..it oozes quality and Yes...it is large so make sure you have the space to place it...and also much heavier then the normal ones out there..The remote is quality too and has everything on it you should reguire to control the player from it...even a backlight....Compared to my LG...there is NO comparison at all...the Oppo is way better in leaps and bounds..I also have quite a few 3D discs and this plays flawlesly...One thing I wanted to test was my downloaded movies from Yify,copied to a flash drive....he rips Blu rays but at a 10th of the size....On my LG the dark areas had lots of artifacts and spoilt what would have been a great movie...The Oppo is astounding at actually making it look as good as the original...I was truly amazed how good this machine is...DVD's get the same treatment giving them have a new lease of life...I can't speak about the Blu ray to 4K and you will be hard to find any reviews on this matter...although I did read a small article that it IS spectacular...but over all I have not bought it for this reason....

My other test was with my Photos...Music and Movies on a Flash drive....The movies were fantastic as I mentioned earlier...Viewing photos and listening to music from a flash drive is not only a doddle to use but also a dream to listen and view...everything is so smooth and I was surprised with how quick they all loaded...it even plays Flac/lossless...and very impressively...the soundstaging and separation is incredible..
I downloaded the app for my phone and it works a dream...replicating the handset..so making best use of everything on offer.
So in conclusion...if you can get past the high price..this is one hell of a machine....superbly well made...fantastic performance...but for me well worth it...I've not been disspointed in any way...Treat yourself and get one...Cheers.

Oppo BDP103D 3D Darbee Edition Blu Ray Player + Calibration Disk (R)
Oppo BDP103D 3D Darbee Edition Blu Ray Player + Calibration Disk (R)
Offered by Peter Tyson Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly made and fantastic results, 25 Dec. 2014

9. Added support for MediaControl 3.0.

...With that out of the way....I originally had LG's flagship model and was very pleased ...but I have been upgrading my system picture wise and Audio wise and I needed the best player I could get...and after much reading and searching decided on this,despite the high prce tag ( I bought the one with the Darbee Tech)..it's certainly worth it in my opinion...The first thing you will notice is..it oozes quality and Yes...it is large so make sure you have the space to place it...and also much heavier then the normal ones out there..The remote is quality too and has everything on it you should reguire to control the player from it...even a backlight....Compared to my LG...there is NO comparison at all...the Oppo is way better in leaps and bounds..I also have quite a few 3D discs and this plays flawlesly...and one thing I wanted to test was my downloaded movies from Yify,copied to a flash drive....he rips Blu rays but at a 10th of the size....On my LG the dark areas had lots of artifacts and spoilt what would have been a great movie...The Oppo is astounding at actually making it look as good as the original...I was truly amazed how good this machine is...DVD's get the same treatment giving them have a new lease of life...I can't speak about the Blu ray to 4K and you will be hard to find any reviews on this matter...although I did read a small article that it IS spectacular...but over all I have not bought it for this reason....

One thing I did do was use both the HDMI outputs...HDMI 1 for the video and HDMI 2 for the sound going straight to my AV amp...This makes the sound definately more meaty and has a lot more presence...and because of the updates there are only 2 ways to choose...making it less confusing.By doing it this way your assured of the best possible quality...Sound AND Vision....Just a note..it does not play AVI...but apart from that it's played everything else I've thrown at it....I've added this after many hours of using it....One thing people must understand...you only get out what you put in...In other words...put a good source in and the results wil be amazing....after all, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear....However...this machine will give it's best whatever you put in it...and never forget...your TV must be up to the task of showing you the results of what this machine can offer...The Blacks wil be inky black and the white's as white as they can be...I can't express how well this Oppo can deliver these results without fuss or bother..and also remember.. this machine is a refference for others to follow...I'm not disspapointed with anything this machine has to offer and I'm sure you won't be either as long as you follow the guide lines I mentioned...Source...Oppo..TV.!!!

Oppo BDP103D 3D Blu Ray Player
Oppo BDP103D 3D Blu Ray Player
Offered by HiFix

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly made and impressive performance, 25 Dec. 2014

9. Added support for MediaControl 3.0.

Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the fact it's completed my collection., 12 Dec. 2014
I recently bought the Bond Collection and this movie is the only one not included....However...there is a space ready for it in the sleeves, so now I'm well happy..The movie is not the best but it is good...The quality is stunning and the sound is too so if your looking for this particular movie you won't be dissapointed..Cheers

[5 years warranty] EasyAcc® Aluminum Superspeed USB 3.0 4 Port Bus-Powered Hub for Mac,iMac,MacBook Pro Air,Ultrabooks,Microsoft Surface RT,Laptops,Raspberry pi,and any PC,Silver
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly made and does what it's supposed to., 12 Dec. 2014
What a great product this is...Well made (brushed aluminium)..very smart looking and simple to install (just plug it in)...I use a home computer running windows 7 in a tower configuration...the only usb ports I have are either at the back (4 spare) and 2 on the front which are near the floor.I've managed quite well up till now with this way but recently it's begun to cause me problems attaching my devices (stretching and bending forward) so I decided to buy this product which seemed perfect for my needs and it hasn't let me down...The lead was just the right length to reach a spare usb at the back of the tower and the device itself sits neatly on my desk allowing me to use this with my devices such as my Sat nav and flash drives...The transfer rate is first class even though my tower is usb2...but with my Laptop (full usb 3) it's lightning fast..

.For those of you that read reviews and not the Product info....This device is NOT for charging phones and tablets and you should not exceed 900 mA in any case throughout the 4 ports...As long as you understand this before buying you will love the product..So if your looking for a conveniant way to attach extra things without any hassle look no further....OH..and delivery is super quick too..Recomended..Cheers

RAVPower® 15000mAh Deluxe External Battery Pack (3rd Generation Portable Charger, Power Bank, 4.5A, Dual USB) - White
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Power and quality for a great price..!!!, 10 Dec. 2014
I've had several power packs in the past and each time they have got better and better with technology moving on...This power pack is one of the best out there right now for the money...Superbly made and with 2 usb charging ports giving 2.4 A and 2.1 A charging abilty is incredible...plus the bonus of an emergency torch..It even comes with a carry pouch..It's on the heavy side yes...but what it delivers in output is worth it..It's able to charge tablets and smartphones with ease several times...the 15,000 mAh is just about the right size for that weekend away or longer depending on how much you use your devices..I travel to the USA a lot and even though there are power points dotted around the airports..I can sit where I want knowing I can do without their offer..plus most of the time there are many others charging and using them making it difficult to find a free point....

I have to say again just how well this feels in the hand and you can tell it's a quality product...On my first time using it over a period of time..it charged my LG G2, 5 times and my tablet once (Google Nexus 7 2013) and still showed there was power left in...not much...but there was still something left...I'm well pleased with this portable power charger for the cost of it,..Get one you won't be dissapointed..Cheers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20