Profile for Mr. S. R. Reece > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. R. Reece
Top Reviewer Ranking: 311

Mr. S. R. Reece "Topcat" (West Midlands England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
NEW Re-Wind Eco Friendly Adventure Torch - Features: Wind-up Action, Rechargeable, Powerful 3 LED Beam, Portable Design, Built-in Compass and Handy Belt Clip - Ideal Accessory for Walking, Hiking, Camping, Orienteering and Festivals - Never Needs Batteries! 2 Year Worldwide Guarantee
Offered by Re-Wind

3.0 out of 5 stars No better then any other at this price., 12 April 2015
I was given one of these as a gift so I can't complain about the price....but If I'd have paid what it cost I would have returned it...I have a collection of torches (just a hobby of mine and test them) and I have several wind up ones too...and this one is no different...The light it displays is poor, but in fairness...NO wind up torch will give you an impressive light or beam so there were no shocks there for me...if it was about £4.99 it would be a good buy for the build/functionality....it's not bad where that's concerned.and would compare with others out there for that price...Many tend to forget that these torches were invented for third world countries who cannot afford to buy batteries and for that reason they are perfect....but if you want any real light,either for camping or emergency just buy a proper torch which is battery powered,built for the purpose such as water proof and shock proof...and even then you will have to be careful what you choose..Cheers

SUPCASE LG G3 Case - Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case (Black/Black)
Offered by I-Blason EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great protection and Almost perfect...but not quite.!, 12 April 2015
I have the Quick circle case and I was looking for something to protect the phone better for those times that I do things outdoors....but I also know that the quick circle would be redundant...I chose the Supcase and so far so good...Before I sent for this I had previoulsy fitted the great PThink armoured glass and wanted to compliment the set up...I did drop the phone not long after the case was fitted and it fell right on the edge....The phone survived....so I guess it was money well spent.

The case itself looks quite smart and despite it adding extra bulk (protective cases have too) it's not too much...Fitting the case was real easy...just pop the one side in first then gently push the other till you hear a slight click....Done..!!!....HOWEVER...getting it off is another story..So if you intend to use a spare battery instead of charging, you may want to consider another type.Some other reviewers have already pointed this out,so be aware...I will want to swap to my quick circle case once in a while and I found the best approach was from the bottom of the case (micro plug end)...It's more flexible then the sides and once lifted it can slowly and carefully be peeled off.....It's still a careful procedure so be careful....this is my reason for a loss of a star.The one good point about the snug fit is, there is no way any dust and debis can get between the back of the phone and case....and this case in particular hides the fact I have an armour screen fitted at all.

All in all....it's a nice case and very well made, and compared to others who charge much more it's a good buy for the money and offers great proctection..Cheers.

SuperLED Plastic Wind Up Micro Dynamo LED Torch Flashlight
SuperLED Plastic Wind Up Micro Dynamo LED Torch Flashlight
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible for the money..!!!, 12 April 2015
Firstly...I sent for this to make up a £10 minimum free P&P....and was at least expecting something I'd be able to use...The first thing I saw was the size...It's TINY..so be aware of this before buying it (my own fault for not checking)...Secondly.....the performance is very poor even for a small torch...I have keyring torches that throw off much better beams and light...it really IS that poor despite the led's being the white type...It also managed about 3 minutes before the brightness was diminshing....winding it further made it a little better but quickly went dull again...There are better torches like this in the Pound shop..I've given it 2 stars because it's actually quite well made...but after that it's rubbish...Cheers.

HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer
HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad printer with easy WiFi connection, 31 Mar. 2015
After owning Epson for many years I decided to go with another brand..HP..My love for Epson has fell by the wayside for some time now due to cartridge prices and the fact they are very tempramental using other makers of inks..

I plumbed for this model due to the fact it was only a 3 colour cartridge + Black.I was always used to a 5 colour combination and wondered if the loss of the light inks would make a difference to my photos....It does....BUT..I had made my choice and I have since managed to find the correct print paper to over come this....The printer itself is well made for the money and I liked a few of the design features...such as loading the paper at the front and the finished product coming out the front also..This has been of great benefit for me on a personal level as I have now been able to hide it in a side unit next to the computer...The copy/scan facility is also good and simple to use...just place your document on the glass screen close the lid and press copy....The one thing I have never used before was WiFi ability and was a little apprehensive about setting it up with my Mobile phones and tablets..After downloading the appropriate apps it was a doddle to set up..and I can now print from wherever I might be in the country (providing the printer is on) and when I get back my photos or documents are ready for me to view..

Over all...this printer is not a bad printer, but could be better in the photo mode.Having said this, I mentioned experimenting with various papers and this will help ( I found Kodak reliable) but I guess some will reccomend other makers..The onscreen menu is simple to use and because of the front loading and unloading some should find this useful...The WiFi is easy to use also and changing the ink cartridges a simple affair too...One word of caution..Make sure the printer is on a solid Flat base, as I found out that the pull out paper loader and catcher is part of the bottom of the printer itself..Just remember also, that the footprint of this printer tends to be on the deeper side moreso then on the height side...and the width is normal..!!Cheers.

The Amazing Spider-Man [Blu-ray 4K] [2012]
The Amazing Spider-Man [Blu-ray 4K] [2012]
Dvd ~ Emma Stone

5.0 out of 5 stars 4K upscaling is excellent and not a bad price., 31 Mar. 2015
Not a bad movie for Spiderman...and like any movie it's a personal taste whether you will like it or not....but I'm not reviewing the movie itself.. I'm reviewng the 4K ability....The film is NOT true 4K so lets get that out the way as the truth of the matter is,no movies have been made yet in true 4K...However...this upgraded version is fantastic...much better then Blu Ray...The depth of colours and picture refinement is very detailed and for some reason they seem to have tinkered with the sound quality too giving it a lot better separation and steering,especially in 5.1...If your looking for an almost 4K experience then get this to test your 4K TV....as long as your Blu Ray player has 4K upscaling too..which mine has then you will enjoy this immensely..Cheers

Ramozz @  Blue 2.5" HDD Bag Hardcase for Portable Hard Disk Drive Case Twin Zipper Cover
Ramozz @ Blue 2.5" HDD Bag Hardcase for Portable Hard Disk Drive Case Twin Zipper Cover
Offered by Locoisle777

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case for the money and has multiple uses, 31 Mar. 2015
This is a nice case for the money and has all the relevant partitions inside to protect your devices and SD cards...It has a double zip operation and has a hard material finish and also comes with a small lanyard for carrying..My original intention was for my Vertabim Media share device (which fit ok) but found it to be more useful for my RAV 15,000mah charger and leads so either way I have a great case and able to use it for multiple devices...Reccomended..Cheers

PThink® 0.3mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector for LG G3 with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (LG G3)
Offered by PThink UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Tempered screen for the money, 31 Mar. 2015
I always put screen protectors on my phones but up until now have never used a glass screen due to the fact they never made one for the phones I owned...I have the LG G3 now and after lots of scouring around I decided to go for this one...It's a dream to put on and you can hardly tell it's fitted being only .03mm thick...It feels just like the original screen and your fingers just glide across so easily..One thing I have also noticed is finger prints are much less then with the plastic kind, and even when you do leave any they wipe off very easily..Just take your time to clean your screen before application and be in a dust free room as much as possible...When your satisfied that no dust particles are on the screen go ahead and apply the new one after lining up carefully....then simply tap the centre and watch the screen apply itself...NO BUBBLES...Any negatibe reviews about this are probably due to those that don't take the time to clean and prepare properly.I'm very pleased with my first purchase of a Tempered glass screen and I have already bought another for my wifes G3 and that went on just as quickly and easy..Highly reccomended..!!!

LG Foldable Charging Wireless Cradle for G3 Smartphones
LG Foldable Charging Wireless Cradle for G3 Smartphones
Offered by e4deal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and good price for what it does, 19 Mar. 2015
Simple but affective case...looks neat on the table and when the phone sits on it (G3) and the day dream clock on it looks fantastic...It does take a little longer to charge the phone but this is to be expected as it not direct contact....it takes about an extra hour but that's nothing for the convieniance this gives of not having to mess plugging the cable in the phone....Just note...The micro usb goes in the charger at a funny angle so don't force it..!!!..it goes in very easy if you look.Cheers.

P.S..It also charges aother devices ...in my case the Google Nexus 7 without any hiccups.

LG Quick Circle Wireless Charging Folio Case for LG G3 - Gold
LG Quick Circle Wireless Charging Folio Case for LG G3 - Gold
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case and multi functional, 19 Mar. 2015
Great case for the money....well it is if you can get it cheaper then here...It does exactly what is says and this particular one in Gold looks fabulous...It's not an in your face gold...it's more pastel looking but very noticeable at the same time...I bought this one for the the wifes new G3 and she loves it...It replaces the phones original back and this makes the phone even less bulkier then the snap over type and the Qi charging works just as good as the original case fitted..

Some have given negative reviews about the case...wrong colour...no charging ability.flimsy..TRY ordering the right product then slate it for your incompetence.!!!

This brings me to the flimsey reviews...it IS flimsy compared to some cases out there....However...it doesn't say it will protect your phone in that way...It will however protect the phone enough from small dings and dangs...If you intend to throw the phone around then get a armour case, but then it won't look like this...This type of case is intended for those that look after their phones with reasonable care and want their phone to look good...It's pointless buying a Gold phone then putting a Black case over it..??...you may as well have bought the black one to begin with...Anyway...The case replicates the back of the original and sets the phone in motion when opening the case...but there is an APP which can extend the use of the Quick circle window,offering more options to use the phone without actually opening the phone completly...this also helps with saving battery power quite a lot,such as camera...phone calls..reading texts and a neat mulitple app which allows turning things on and off.

As to the durability of this case...It WILL see the test of time as I have used one for the past 3 years (G2) 12 months for my G3 and is still working well and the phones are still in mint condition...I can highly recommend this case...Cheers

HP 301XL High Yield Colour Ink Cartridge
HP 301XL High Yield Colour Ink Cartridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Good inks for the money, 19 Mar. 2015
As with any tri-colour cartridge you have to change all of them together even if one colour has run out, but tghis is only a Tri-colour and not the 5 type so it's a bit more cheaper...This cartridge has about 2 times the amount of the normal and is till worth the extra cost and the fact if you print a lot you don't have to keep messing around changing the cartridge so often...The colours are ok if you use the right paper...in my case I found Kodak 280gms to be great....One tip...If you can remember what photos you have printed (write the main colour down on paper somewhere) you can get to use the cartridge till almost ALL the colours are used instead of wasting whats in the ones you have'nt used...As an example...I managed to get 20 A4 full colour prints from the normal cartridge so you can gestimate approx what these particular ones will deliver...Also...If you think you might going to print some photos and they are not a priority...WAIT...till you have a batch to do...because everytime you switch a printer on it goes through a priming stage wasting quite a bit of ink each time..Cheers
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2015 9:09 PM BST