Profile for Mr. S. R. Reece > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. R. Reece
Top Reviewer Ranking: 333

Mr. S. R. Reece "Topcat" (West Midlands England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the fact it's completed my collection., 12 Dec 2014
I recently bought the Bond Collection and this movie is the only one not included....However...there is a space ready for it in the sleeves, so now I'm well happy..The movie is not the best but it is good...The quality is stunning and the sound is too so if your looking for this particular movie you won't be dissapointed..Cheers

[5 years warranty] EasyAcc® Aluminum Superspeed USB 3.0 4 Port Bus-Powered Hub for Mac,iMac,MacBook Pro Air,Ultrabooks,Microsoft Surface RT,Laptops,Raspberry pi,and any PC,Silver
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly made and does what it's supposed to., 12 Dec 2014
What a great product this is...Well made (brushed aluminium)..very smart looking and simple to install (just plug it in)...I use a home computer running windows 7 in a tower configuration...the only usb ports I have are either at the back (4 spare) and 2 on the front which are near the floor.I've managed quite well up till now with this way but recently it's begun to cause me problems attaching my devices (stretching and bending forward) so I decided to buy this product which seemed perfect for my needs and it hasn't let me down...The lead was just the right length to reach a spare usb at the back of the tower and the device itself sits neatly on my desk allowing me to use this with my devices such as my Sat nav and flash drives...The transfer rate is first class even though my tower is usb2...but with my Laptop (full usb 3) it's lightning fast..

.For those of you that read reviews and not the Product info....This device is NOT for charging phones and tablets and you should not exceed 900 mA in any case throughout the 4 ports...As long as you understand this before buying you will love the product..So if your looking for a conveniant way to attach extra things without any hassle look no further....OH..and delivery is super quick too..Recomended..Cheers

RAVPower® 15000mAh Deluxe External Battery Pack (3rd Generation Portable Charger, Power Bank, 4.5A, Dual USB) - White
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Power and quality for a great price..!!!, 10 Dec 2014
I've had several power packs in the past and each time they have got better and better with technology moving on...This power pack is one of the best out there right now for the money...Superbly made and with 2 usb charging ports giving 2.4 A and 2.1 A charging abilty is incredible...plus the bonus of an emergency torch..It even comes with a carry pouch..It's on the heavy side yes...but what it delivers in output is worth it..It's able to charge tablets and smartphones with ease several times...the 15,000 mAh is just about the right size for that weekend away or longer depending on how much you use your devices..I travel to the USA a lot and even though there are power points dotted around the airports..I can sit where I want knowing I can do without their offer..plus most of the time there are many others charging and using them making it difficult to find a free point....

I have to say again just how well this feels in the hand and you can tell it's a quality product...On my first time using it over a period of time..it charged my LG G2, 5 times and my tablet once (Google Nexus 7 2013) and still showed there was power left in...not much...but there was still something left...I'm well pleased with this portable power charger for the cost of it,..Get one you won't be dissapointed..Cheers.

MONTAR Universal Car Mount For Smartphones GPS One Hand 360 Rotation Best Holder Cradle Windshield Dashboard For Samsung Apple HTC Nokia Blackberry Motorola Sony Ericsson LG iPhone 3 3GS 4 4S 5 5S 6 Galaxy Note 2 3 II Galaxy S3 S4 IV i9300 i9500 i9200 i9100 HTC One X+ The New Droid RAZR Blackberry Q10 Z10 9700 9900 Sony Xperia Z L T LG Optimus Nokia Lumia 920 820 Google Nexus 4
Offered by Go4More

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mobile phone holder with Limpet qualities, 3 Dec 2014
There are mobile phone holders, and those that think they are... This is the daddy of them regarding suction and looks,although suction does not enter into it...it's more of a sticky gel which does not mark the surface... More expensive yes ..but worth it. Its very well made having a glue like bottom and silicon jaws to safely and firmly hold your treasured mobile. I've had several other makes and none of them came close to this for performance, especially in the grip and vibration department. It may not suit all dashboards which are more rounded,but it suits most,and even those with that crinkly finish.On the windscreen itself.. It's rock solid...and with a 2 year warranty you won't go wrong.. Stop buying the pretenders and get one of these.. Cheers.

Rheme Premium Universal Hard Case For Sat Nav - Suitable for all 5 inch and 6 inch devices including TomTom, Garmin, Navman and Navigon Brands ( for the 6 inch you need to remove the tray )
Offered by Best Digital Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection and great quality for the money.!!, 1 Dec 2014
For quite a while I had used a £pound shop case as it fit the bill perfectly for my 5" Garmin...so when I bought the newer version (the Garmin Nuvi 3598) I treated myself to this case, due to the extra room for cables and stuff.

It's very well made for the money and the case has a hard outer shell which will take quite a knock...it's also well padded inside too..The two halves are equally spilt and the bottom half is for the Sat Nav and the upper half will take the 12v car charger easily,plus extra cards and cleaning cloth...It's described as being able to take the 5" and 6" version of Sat Navs...it should do this no problem...If I have a small gripe..it's a little large for the 5" version (mine) and it tends to rattle around...but is still well protected...so what I do is pop it into a small carry bag intended for a pair of small headphones first.this plays as extra protection and stops it from moving around..Check the measurment of this case before you buy,just in case you feel it's too large (which it appears to be for some...but it IS trying to cover 2 sizes of Sat Nav...and in my opinion does a good job of it...For the money they don't get much better...There are a plethora of cases out there but you should be opleased with this one...Recomended..Cheers

Garmin nuvi 3598LMT-D 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates, Free Lifetime Digital Traffic Alerts, Bluetooth with Magnetic Mount (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by sotel-germany

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb and the best yet.!!!, 30 Nov 2014
Firstly...I want to address that I give this 4 and a half stars due to a unforgivable issue with Garmin which I will mention later.
I own the Garmin 2460 and after 4 years I thought it was time to upgrade I have also owned other makes (but never a tom tom...I just don't like them...design wise or interface)...Anyway....I decided to go with the 3598 ltd not just because of the features and beautiful looks...but because I got it cheaper then Amazon (£200) in fact..(sorry Amazon)...and boy I was not dissapointed.
Out of the box it's incredibly well made...glass screen and aluminium body...it just oozes quality...I was already familiar with the interface to some degree...there have been some minor changes to my 2460 ....First thing I did was update by connection to my computer....The software update was a doddle...HOWEVER....what Garmin neglect to tell you is...the other Europeon countries need to be downloaded to a 4+ gb micro SD card....in other words...an 8gb (MAX) in this case....This in my opinion is unacceptable by Garmin..(I'm NOT blaming the machine's performance in any way)....HENCE my 4 star rating for Garmin themselves..Why Oh why would Garmin send a premium sat nav out with not enough memory to withstand a full Europeon download is beyond me...Shame on you Garmin..!!!!...and this is very misleading to many buyers....That aside...things still didn't go too well.....Let me explain....I already had the Garmin Express on my computer (due to my existing Garmin)...plus the plug in for transfer of Data....BUT ..(and I think this is where some reviewers have moaned) Google Chrome refused to let the plug in work....SO...I switched to Internet Explorer and everything went well....very smooth in fact....I will point out at this point that I also bought the latest USA Northern States because I travel there several times a year....so the 8gb card was a perfect fit for the Full European maps and Northern USA leaving just a few MB's left.....BY the way...If you have a smartphone...get the Garmin app..it works seemlessly with the unit giving you that extra bit of info that comes in handy.!!
SO....back to the machine itself....It's quick...VERY quick compared to older models...the interface is easy to understand (not to some as I have read)...and within several minutes I had it set to my specification...Those that have transferred from a tom tom (and other makes) may find it very different...but anyone with any brains should work it out easily..!!...I have read the negative reviews and in my opinion they are not really justified to give the 1 star rating they have given this machine,due to their lack of knowledge....It IS a brilliant Sat Nav at getting you from A to B...plus the interface between a smartphone is also very good giving you that bit extra control
There's not a lot this Sat Nav doesn't cover in abilites....Hands free phone...clear speech...named streets and things to look for when making a direction change..(Example...Turn right at Traffic lights)...Where I live has lots of tricky roads to manouvre and it never faulted ...and it's quick at giving directions even if roads or islands are close together...I was very impressed,compared to my older model....I have tested just about every feature on this Sat Nav and it's performed impeccably on all accounts...I really don't understand the negative reviews at all..!!!..The screen is gloriously clear,despite it's glossy appearance and doesn't cause much reflection,even in bright sunlight...these new Sat Navs are more like a smart phone in the way you interact with them...swipe...pinch and zoom..it's a dream to use.
The voice control is also around 95% accurate...you HAVE to give the Sat Nav time to finish what she says before you talk...Some lingo's might find it difficult...I'm Black Country..so I have to curb the way I talk...when I do..it's first time every time...I do like the way you can read the total address now and it gives you the choice to choose which one....Some reviewer said it did not have altitude readings....YES it does...just press and hold certain info strips to bring up alternative choices...everythings there that should be....and if you touch and hold the Sat Nav signal icon...the actual amount of Satellites it's detected are shown and what direction they are to you..
The Smartphone app works quite well to and when connected opens up several more apps in the menu such as,...weather...tracking...traffic ,etc...OH...The extra's come as premium payment for those that want everything....such as the traffic,weather and parking instantly...but to be honest the basic is well enough informed......As to the wire for power...yes it it is a bit on the thick side...but nothing that can't be hidden with thought...I have tucked the Traffic cable and power cable behind the panels in my Golf...nothing can be seen at all now...just use your intanuity and spend some time fitting it...it will be time well spent.
SO...if your looking for a first class Sat Nav that looks the business...does the business...look no further...you won't be dissapointed...Cheers

...P.S..Do not pay more then the RRP price £299..and wait for Amazon to get it into stock.

Farscape - The Definitive Collection (Series 1-4) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Farscape - The Definitive Collection (Series 1-4) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ben Browder
Offered by The Canny Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb upscaled version, 26 Nov 2014
Forget the negative reviews...this is a great upscaled version of the original and the sound top notch...they really have made a great job of rejuvinating this great series...I loved the original...but of course we didn'nt know better back then and technology was still in it's infantsy..I never saw the end of the series so when I read a great review by Bertie Buggerington I decided to go for it...especially at the this bargain price...88 episodes for less the £30...what more can you ask for..I have given 5 stars because my opinion differs to his in the fact I think it's a wonderful job they have done...and he reviewd this blu ray back when blu ray players were in their early days and they have moved on and play this series very well..I use an LG 3D blu ray.
Anyway...if you enjoyed the original you will certainly enjoy this...get it while you can at this price..Cheers

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox 360)
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been great, 22 Nov 2014
Really thought this was going to be great....After first seeing it I was disappointed with the graphics...plus the amount of time you spend looking at a black screen every time you press pause or show the map is no fun at all..in fact it's tedious...Don't get me wrong...when it plays it plays ok..and you have to take your time to research your kills...if not you will NOT defeat the boss..so don't buy this if your expecting Assassins Creed or similar....And boy does it look and play like Assassins creed but with Orcs...You can quickly loose the plot and the actual game play because there are a LOT of side missions...and they do get repetitive..but in my opinion you need to do these to gain your abilities...It's not a button pushing frenzy...although at first it appears to be so...simple press's can be obtained to kill your apponent...it's a matter of keeping a cool head,and thinking the kill through before tackling the baddy...

The game is Huuuuge ...if you do the side missions...and in some respects it does have a replay factor..due to the fact you would have forgotten what you did many hours ago and you can certainly play it in many different ways...I just wish I'd waited for it to be second hand at a cheaper price...this has definately made me decide to do so in the future...Cheers

Silverline 438242 Plug-In Mechanical Timer 24 Hour
Silverline 438242 Plug-In Mechanical Timer 24 Hour
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about as cheap as they come for switching devices on and off, 15 Nov 2014
A simple mechanical device for switching on lighting or any other electical item you may have...Being mechanical it cannot be precisely timed,but it will be very close with careful setting up...They don't come much more simple then this...although according to some it's too complicated...Dohhh...My advice would be to use a cocktail stick or some sort of item with a pointy end to push the levers which set the time on and off....(unless you have long nails)...Turn the ring to the time..plug in and that's it..It actually keeps time very well.The red led light comes on to tell you when power is activated...In my opinion,it's not worth paying any more to do the same thing..Cheers

EasyAcc® 3 USB 26W 5.1A Aluminum Panel Compact Designed Car Charger for iPhone iPad Samsung Galaxy Asus Huawei Android Smartphones Tablet Pc Gopro Mp3 Mp4 Bluetooth Speaker- Blue and White
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking..great price and perfect for chaging incar, 15 Nov 2014
I already have a double cigarette socket with 2 usb connectors ..but the usb's are only 500ma,(sharing the 500 together, so only giving each port 250ma..not near enough to keep my phone (LG G2) charged when using the sat nav...So I shopped around and this was the perfect solution...3 usb's in one very neat device..It's much smarter then the photo actually shows and the top half is actually brushed aluminium giving it a premium feel...The output described..2.1A...2A...and 1A are full power for each of the individual plugs...not added up together unlike some to make up 2.1 only...This is a genuine 5.1A output spread across the 3 usb's...It's very tiny,not like some have described (large)...and there's a very faint blue light to tell you it's powered (nothing in your face)...Just a word of advice...Make sure you use either the original lead that come with your device or at least a quality one thats equivalent...Not all leads are made equal as I found out with a USB to mini usb lead I had tucked away in my drawer...Even in the higher output socket it still only trickle charged (slow charging as your device might display)..this may be the reason some have reviewed it with a lesser star rating...This will easily power a hungry phone or tablet and a second one also with the 1A remaining for the not so power hungry...Very quick delivery too...Cheers

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20