Profile for keranna > Reviews

Vogue and Butterick's Designer Sewing Techniques
Vogue and Butterick's Designer Sewing Techniques
by Linda Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful techniques, 8 May 2012
Some of the fashions may be dated although many are classics but that is not a problem as the information on couture finishes is timeless. I am doing pattern cutting tailoring and dress making at college and really enjoyed finding out how to make my "home made" garments look stunning. The fianl garment always depends on the inside finishes and this book helps refine all your stitching. There is a section on Boned bodices very useful for prom dresses, sections on working with leather, linings and many more. A great buy at a little price ( I chose a 2nd hand one)

Underwear
Underwear
by Wearden Jennifer
Price: 26.20

5.0 out of 5 stars visually stunning, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: Underwear (Hardcover)
I flicked through this book at the V&A museum but the price put me off a bit, I came home and found it on Amazon for much less . I am studying pattern cutting, tailoring and Corsetry at college (as a very mature student)and found every page a joy. It gave me lots of inspiration for trims and finishes as well as different shapes to attempt. Every page is gloriously photographed and there is a diagram of the construction of the garments which gives a wonderful insight into the work involved. It is sheer eyecandy, visually stunning, informative and just makes you sigh with pleasure. For those working in fashion it would be extremely useful as the detail of "what goes underneath" is essential for designing what goes on top. All my college class were impressed with the images and detail. A truly gorgeous book!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars totally convinced!, 20 Oct 2011
I have been using Rapidlash every night for 7 weeks now (missed about 5 applications). My lower eyelashes were almost non exsistant after cosmetic surgery and my upper ones not as full or long as they used to be probably because I'm 62 but I still like to look glam. so I read all the reviews and purchased Rapidlash.
I started to notice the effects after 4 weeks but yesterday I had an eyelash tint just to be sure as my lashes are quite pale at the tips and even the beautician noticed how much longer my lashes are since my last tint months ago. The gaps in my lower lash line have new growth and my upper line is a little thicker too. Whilst I have not had the dramatic results some people claim I'm more than happy with the results, treated myself to a new mascara and I now have the full lash effect I had when I was younger.
Downside is once or twice I have caught my eye with the brush and had sore or watering eyes a few mornings but I'll be buying a second tube which I'll be using every night for a while longer before I go on to the maintenance applications every 3 days or so.
It would be useful to have the product in a clear tube so you can see when it is about empty.
I'm totally convinced by this product despite being a sceptical ex scientist IT REALLY WORKS!!!