Profile for Darren Mason > Reviews

Content by Darren Mason

Darren Mason (Leicestershire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Casio CDP-120 Scaled Hammer Action Contemporary Digital Piano
Casio CDP-120 Scaled Hammer Action Contemporary Digital Piano

5.0 out of 5 stars All I could ask for!, 14 April 2014
I have been having piano lessons for a couple of months and finally decided to invest in something that was going to be good for me, as a mature novice, The other reviews of this item were high praise and I decided to buy. It arrived less than 48 hours after ordering. It delivered far more than my expectation. The only down side - the lack of songbook....? No doubt it would have been for beginners but it is advertised as part of the sale. Other than that, I couldn't have wished for more.

Toomorrow / O.S.T.
Toomorrow / O.S.T.

5.0 out of 5 stars About time!!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Toomorrow / O.S.T. (Audio CD)
43 years awaiting the CD release of this ONJ gem!!! A pity they hadn't brought the sound up-to-date (it sounds as though they simply transferred the original vinyl straight to CD) but at least it is official!

Melton Mowbray as I Remember it
Melton Mowbray as I Remember it
by Judith M. Flint

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection!, 6 April 2014
There was a complete set of "As I remember It" booklets about numerous towns in Leicestershire. As an avid family historian and local history fanatic, I have purchased several of the titles on offer, about: "Market Bosworth", "Hinckley", "Earl Shilton", "Coalville" and this "Melton Mowbray". For a true feeling of how our towns used to be, these are great reads. Written by the people who actually lived in the early 20th century up to the 1960's. Bringing back memories that had been long forgotten.

THE CRADLE AND HOME OF THE HOSIERY TRADE
THE CRADLE AND HOME OF THE HOSIERY TRADE
by PICKERING ARTHUR J

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but well worth it., 6 April 2014
At £60 it appeared expensive but, bearing in mind it was an original print from when it was published in 1940 and that it was full of amazing facts and pictures of how Hinckley and it's cottage hosiery trade came in to being, it was well worth it. The fact that the item was over 70 years old and had that 'old book' smell and feel to it (books were books in those days) made it all the more of a collectors item purchase. I knew that my history (I was born and still live in the town) was still fresh in the author's mind and that the true spirit of Hinckley was within those pages.

Jasper Conran Gift Set Jc11407 Male  Eau de Toilette 40ml  + Shower Gel 100ml
Jasper Conran Gift Set Jc11407 Male Eau de Toilette 40ml + Shower Gel 100ml
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes

5.0 out of 5 stars All time favourite!, 6 April 2014
My parents bought me this, about 8 years ago, as a birthday gift, from a well known supermarket chain (Asda). I loved it! But have never been able to find it since. Except here, at amazon! Thank goodness!

Linkable LED Striplight, Mains Powered
Linkable LED Striplight, Mains Powered

5.0 out of 5 stars Brighter start!, 6 April 2014
I had decided to update my kitchen lighting and went for the Linkable LED for under my kitchen cabinets. Vey easy to install. They simply connect to the existing power point from my old lighting. Even though each individual unit has an ON/OFF switch, they can be left in the ON position and both operated from the main light switch on the wall. On top of this, being LED bulbs, they have brightened my kitchen up wonderfully. And, they are cheaper to run!

Faber Piano Adventures: Accelerated Piano Adventures for the Older Beginner - Lesson Book 1
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Mature student...., 6 April 2014
I have been wanting to learn to play piano for as long as I can remember! I could never find a teacher in my area to begin with. But now I have and he recommended this book as an accompaniment to our lessons. As a mature newcomer to the piano, this is a wonderfully, easy to follow guide. After a couple of weeks, I was playing simple but encouraging pieces of music. With BOTH hands!

Welcome to Market Bosworth: a Guide Book
Welcome to Market Bosworth: a Guide Book
by Sue Styche

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, 6 April 2014
I live just 4 miles from Market Bosworth but had never known about several of the things mentioned in this guide. As my family originate from the area, I guess I am biased but I loved it!!

Looking Back at Hinckley
Looking Back at Hinckley
Offered by BRITAIN ON FILM

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting...., 5 April 2014
This review is from: Looking Back at Hinckley (DVD)
Some great photographs although the 'contains rare cine film footage' is misleading, as the film footage doesn't appear to be of any part of Hinckley that I have ever known!? And the fact that they talk at length about Thomas Cook was surprising, as he was from Leicester and not Hinckley. But on the whole, a good buy.

Portrait
Portrait

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!!, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Portrait (Audio CD)
At last! It's here and on CD!!!! What more can I say?! Love the alternate version of "Wanna Get Beside You"!

Page: 1 | 2