Profile for S. Guthrie > Reviews

Content by S. Guthrie

S. Guthrie (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Car Mount Holder, Asscom® Universal MagGrip Air Vent Magnetic Car Mount Holder&Cradle for Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S 4, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3,Galaxy Note2/3/4,Nexus 5 4 and All Smartphone, p/n:K7
Offered by Infinity-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds my iPhone6+ just fine, 18 Nov. 2015
This locks onto the drivers central air vent of my VW Golf MK VII just fine. The phone looks steady, I use features via the steering column so am fully hands free. I have no notion to touch it whilst driving, but having it in sight is good. Not sure the phone could be used on the mount (too springy) but where I am controlling the phone via the cars built-in features it is ideal.

Have placed the magnet inside the back of the cover against the phone, pinned so there is no need to stick on.

Tried a conventional cradle first but found it fell off regularly from the dash and even on the windscreen, where I did not want it, so decided to try this magnetic version.

It's perfect for my purpose.

TaoTronics Car Phone Holder / Cars Mount / Universal Cradle Windshield for iPhone 6 plus 5s Samsung S5 Moto G & Other Mobile Phones of Width 50mm - 100mm 360 Degree Rotation
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Will not hold my iphone 6+ to a curved windscreen, 15 Nov. 2015
Have an iphone 6 plus and a car which has a particularly curved windscreeen, it falls off repeatedly. May well be OK with a smaller phone, but its no use for me. Will donate to a charity shop, value too low to be messing with returns!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2015 10:03 AM GMT

8 Ball Pool
8 Ball Pool

4.0 out of 5 stars Very addictive fun, 3 Oct. 2015
This review is from: 8 Ball Pool (App)
A few flawed games and unnatural ball spins prevent me giving this game 5 stars. Only yesterday I lost a game to be awarded a win! So works both ways. Overall fun to play and whilst the spin and off cushion side is unrealistic at times it does have consistently on its side.

LE 36W LED Panel Light, Equal to 80W Fluorescent Bulb, 2700lm, Daylight White, 295*1195mm, Square Ceiling Light, LED Panel, LED Light Panel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brighter than aging tubes, 7 Aug. 2015
Bright even light, not quite as bright as the twin 85W 100hz tubes it replaces, but certainly to our eyes brighter than a single aged fluorescent tube (18month aged), and the light is more even over a wider span.

Would buy again, and stick with the daylight version. Have tried the other 2 shades in square LED, the warm appeared duller. This gives a good bright light. Had to buy a frame elsewhere to ceiling mount, since I could not find the matching ceiling frame on Amazon.

We find the 36W bright enough, perhaps thanks to the evenness of the light output. You can get brighter this size for more than twice the price, but this is good value and the 36W model is energy saving.

Omaker Premium 3 USB 26W 5.1A Aluminum Panel Compact Designed High-Speed USB Car Charger for iPhone 6 Plus 6 5S 5 4S, iPad 5 4 3 2, Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 Pro, HTC One, PS Vita, Gopro, External Batteries and more (White/Silver)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, used daily - it works, 26 Mar. 2015
Product works very well, have used daily for 4 months now, no problems. With this sort of item it is nice to wait a bit before reviewing "just in case it is short lived". Could do with another LED so as to indicate which slot is which in the dark, like if a yellow at one end like the green at the other that would be good for knowing its orientation. But that said it is well built and does the job and takes little more space than single ones. I have never the need to charge 2 or more devices at once, so sorry I do not know how well it handles on that.

iPhone 6s Plus Case, [Scratch Resistant] i-Blason Clear Halo Series Also Fit Apple iPhone 6 Plus Case 5.5 Inch Hybrid Bumper Cover (Clear)
Offered by I-Blason EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks fine on, adds more grip than bump protection, 8 Oct. 2014
Provides some protection and more important adds grip. Sure it's not as protective as a true fold over case, and you need to get a screen protector as well, but for quick access and looking fairly slick this is fine.

The grip hold on the phone is much enhanced feels much more solid, less slippery.

Having used it for a couple of weeks I see it slacking slightly at the cable end, the plastic that goes around the hole could be wider and the hole in the case there smaller. Why not cover the screws and thicken this area? Apart from this it fits elsewhere snug.

Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset for PC
Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset for PC

2.0 out of 5 stars Tape quality playback via microphone is poor, 20 July 2014
Bought this headset as an upgrade from the one I normally purchase (Plantronics .995) which is also a USB Wireless headset. My main use I have for a headset is VOIP but the build quality on the Plantronics is not good in that they break in the headband area close to the left speaker (mic end). I have had 4 of them and know of other users with the same problem. The headband and build is much better on these, the range is also a lot better, the speakers do not cut out on me like at distances of 25ft where the Plantronics does, but the sound quality via the mic is at best, tinny.

The person who I talk to via Skype does not have the best of hearing, it was that bad that we have given up talking tonight and will wait on yet another Plantronics .995 arriving from Amazon. (The Plantronics does last about 11 months with me in near constant use, clarity is vastly better). With her hearing range there was "bits missing" in my speech.

Problem seems to be the Logitech G930 only plays back in 16bit "tape quality" on Windows 8.1, cannot vouch for other operating systems but the quality of this is too low for us to use, so it is back to the Plantronics and this one goes back to Amazon.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Used daily without fail, 9 July 2013
iPhone cables tend to be cheap and inferior at the plug end, but not this one. The bright orange helps you find and follow the cable to the end. The iPhone connector has a raised symbol on it which helps with placing the phone on charge in the dark, no fumbling for which way up to plug. I am sure like the 3 cables I have had before this cable will fail, I even have the next one in wraps ready for when it does, but so far so good, the connection is positive and consistent every time.

Pure Move 2500 Rechargeable Personal Digital DAB/FM Radio - Black
Pure Move 2500 Rechargeable Personal Digital DAB/FM Radio - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars No reception problems with DAB but was unlucky with the ear buds, 17 Mar. 2013
I bought this for use on long walks; FM is poorer than DAB in my area. The DAB reception and sound quality is clear, and the controls simple, hardly needs a glance at the instruction booklet.

Cannot review the ear phones since they got broken within one hour of use, at a football match someone walked past me, clipping the cord accidently and taking the ear bud from my left ear, it caught onto them like a fishing hook on their clothing. With the port on the bottom the cable did not disengage from the unit, and the cable snapped at the Y as they walked on.

For my ears the volume of the unit is too low to use with standard Apple buds, so I purchased another set of in-ear buds from Amazon which are fine.

3M USB 2.0 Sync Data Cable Charger for iPod iPad iPhone 3/4GS 3 Metres
3M USB 2.0 Sync Data Cable Charger for iPod iPad iPhone 3/4GS 3 Metres
Offered by Quality Product Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine for about 6 months., 20 Jan. 2013
Cable was used in a static location, permanently plugged into a USB wall adaptor, it worked just fine for 6 months then failed on me. Strange thing it did was discharge the power in my iphone. I recharged via a PC and tried the cable again but once more the power started to go down fast rather than up. The cable looked undamaged, but obviously was. Buying another of the same, at the price these are they are value lasting 6 months.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3