Profile for Paul.F > Reviews

Content by Paul.F

Paul.F

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Ultrasonic Rodent Repellent - Pest Repeller For Mouse, Rat, Cockroach & Spider. Advanced Electromagnetic Control - Whole House Deterrent - Avoid Dangerous Rat Poison & Mouse Traps. Long Term. Safe. Ultrasonic Repellent. Simply Plug In
Offered by Newmill Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth trying!, 23 Mar. 2015
I would recommend this device to anyone with a mouse or rat problem. If you read the rest of my review you will see why this repeller is well worth trying. For a start it is much less than the cost of a single call out for the average pest controller, which I found was between £90 and £120! If you buy poison yourself it will not be as effective as poisons used by licensed pest controllers and traps have to tempt cunning rodents to actually fall for them, which can take a long time in some cases. You also have to check traps daily and remove the bodies yourself, or pay the pest controller £30 or more for each visit!

In my home, which is a flat, above garages, with a flat roof, the new roof became infested with rats. A disused drain pipe from the old roof was left open between the sewer and the new roof space - the contractors broke building regulations requiring the removal and capping of the old drain. Whatever the roofers used to cover the pipe, probably just wood, was gnawed through and families of rats ran around on my ceilings! Since the roof space is almost impossible to access without removing the outer covering or ripping down ceilings I searched for an alternative to traps and poisons and came across the Vermoosh Ultrasonic Rodent Repeller. Having seen several similar devices for sale elsewhere I noticed that this one stood out as having many more positive reviews than any other device and also had a money back guarantee.

Given the positive reviews for the seller too, I bought one. Unfortunately, the first device (sent by Amazon) did not work at all, so I emailed the seller, and he promptly sent a replacement. In the exchange of emails he also offered his best advice for my particular circumstances. As others have mentioned, I found Gary very sympathetic to the plight of anyone with a rodent problem. In fifteen years of buying items online he offered the best customer service of anyone I have dealt with, so you really can buy with confidence. The original device not working did not damage my opinion of the repeller as small electronic devices can suffer failure due to a single unfortunate knock anywhere between the manufacturer and the buyer. The replacement device worked as expected and it has been on constantly now for over two weeks.

Just before the replacement arrived, I heard my neighbours doing some heavy duty DIY that sounded like removal of a ceiling. The day after that I switched on the replacement repeller. No rats have been heard since that day. The contractors finally removed the disused drain pipe and sealed the sewer and roof space three days later. The fact that no rats came in during those three days I believe is significant, as before that there were up to 10 rats at any time, and they appeared to have moved in!

The day after the pipe was removed though the SMELL arrived! At first it just smelt a bit like a drain, or rotting veg in a bin, but within a few more days it was the worst smell you can imagine, requiring windows to be open, even in cold weather. This is why you should try this repeller before poisoning the rats! They don't conveniently die outside, where their fellow rodents give them a decent burial - they die in the most inaccessible space in your home, stink the whole place out and you need to remove ceilings, walls or floors to get them out. Not only is the smell unbearable, but the disruption and cost of the work to remove them is likely to be more than a hundred times the cost of one of these repellers.

Hopefully, my nightmare will finally be over in the next few days when the contractors return to remove the dead rat or rats. It can't be soon enough, as I am also beginning to have the odd large black fly suddenly appear too. Had I known about this repeller sooner it is possible all of this could have been avoided by removing the rats before my neighbours resorted to poison and left us with dead rats all over the place! If you have a rodent problem, try one of these repellers first!

Panasonic  KX-TG8062EB Twin Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG8062EB Twin Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Offered by liGo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite worth 4 stars. Not as good as an earlier model., 27 Feb. 2015
Despite being a happy customer of Panasonic products for over 10 years, I am going to be blunt and honest in this review. If the things which annoyed me about this set of phones don't bother you then you may like these. If on the other hand you are bothered by the things I didn't like then you might want to look at a different model or manufacturer for your DECT phone set.

I bought this twin DECT set to replace a single handset Panasonic KX-TCD505(TCA150). It is handy to have the option to switch handsets when battery power runs low during a call, but apart from that, the modern black styling and the colour screen, I preferred the old one. These phones come with 40 ring tones, many musical, and I can't stand any of them! I have had to choose the least annoying one, but even that I can't turn it down to the low level I want to. Living in a small flat I don't want the neighbours disturbed by someone calling me late at night, but the ringtones appear to have 4 volume levels, starting at fairly loud and going up to slightly louder - the old handset had a proper range of volume settings, two of which would fit below the lowest level of this new set. It is possible to turn the base unit ringer off, which is helpful.

A similar problem is found with the volume of the line when in use. I use a headset (Plantronics M175) with these and also used the same with my old phone. When I speak to someone who is not loud and clear it is impossible for me to turn them up loud enough for me to comfortably hear them, but with the old handset they are perfectly audible. (There is also nothing wrong with my ears, as I recently had a hearing check and I was found to have good hearing for my age, similar to someone over 10 years younger than I am.) Without the headset, the volume of callers is louder and clearer, but I find a headset so useful that I cannot use a phone for long without one.

The menu took a little bit of adjustment as it is not really that similar to the older model I am used to, but the instructions booklet was very detailed and written well, so it was easy to discover how things were done on these new handsets. There is one last really annoying thing about these handsets and that is the fact that they do not display a missed call on the screen, so that you see it immediately when you return home for instance. Instead, you have to pick up the handset and click for caller list to discover if you have missed any calls. During the first two days of owning these I did not know about this difference and so I had a couple of missed calls that I only discovered a day or two later.

There are some redeeming features about this phone set though. The bright colour screen is much better than the old model, which was grey LCD with a backlight. The new menu has many options not available on the old phone, including the ECO mode, which turns the radio signal from the base unit down to only 10% of the strength when not in use. That might cause a problem in some circumstances, but if you are at all concerned with working or sleeping near a high powered DECT phone base then the lower emissions may be welcome. The privacy mode that prevents anyone picking up the spare handset and listening in to your private conversation is a nice feature that some people might find reassuring - I tested it and it works well, although it can be turned off when the line is not in use, so you need to check it is on before starting a call.

In conclusion, I would say that this set of phones is reasonably good, but it is a bit of a mixture of good and not so good features. If Panasonic replace this model with one that corrects the annoying things about this set, but keep the good things, then they would have a great cordless phone set. This set is just OK, with a few nice features.

Poo Pourri Original Toilet Spray 118 ml
Poo Pourri Original Toilet Spray 118 ml
Offered by Far Better Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for when you have visitors., 27 Feb. 2015
Bought this product for a relative last Christmas, who had mentioned that they would like to try Poo Pourri after they saw one of the amusing YouTube adverts for it. Well, over 2 months on I have been told that this product lived up to the promises in the advert and that when it runs out they will be ordering a replacement, as it is great for when you have visitors or guests staying over.

Poo Pourri ~ Toilet/Loo/Bathroom Spray ~ ROYAL FLUSH ~ 4oz
Poo Pourri ~ Toilet/Loo/Bathroom Spray ~ ROYAL FLUSH ~ 4oz
Offered by Esthers Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and a pleasant fragrance., 27 Feb. 2015
Buying the popular standard Poo Pourri for a relative for Christmas I thought that I would treat myself and try a fragrance aimed at the male market. After over 2 months of regular use I can confirm that this product works well and the fragrance is fresh, clean and masculine in tone. It also seems to be fairly long lasting. Used daily it appears to be about half used so, may last as much as 4 or 5 months for a single person. I would definitely recommend this product.

Panasonic Hands-Free Headset with Comfort Fit Headband
Panasonic Hands-Free Headset with Comfort Fit Headband
Offered by SARRAR

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, handy as a cheap backup device, 27 Feb. 2015
Bought this Panasonic headset to use with a new pair of Panasonic DECT phones. I have used three Plantronics M175 headsets during the last 8 years or so (they tend to die after about 3 years due to a wire break). I wanted to try a Panasonic version, partly because they are less than half the price of the M175.

It is definitely a good example of getting what you pay for. This Panasonic headset, works, but otherwise it is not really comparable to the more expensive Plantronics ones. The fitting on the head looks similar but in reality is tighter, so it is a little less comfortable to wear for a few hours. The boom mic, with the large foam cover on the end is angled very close to your mouth, so it feels uncomfortably close, but at the same time, people I spoke to while using it told me it was muffled and dull compared to the M175 I switched back to. A few other differences include the lack of a in-line mute switch or volume control that the M175 has.

The Panasonic headset would be better than no headset, if my usual Plantronics one broke, but I wouldn't want to use it for more than the couple of days it would take to receive a replacement for the Plantronics M175. So my conclusion is that as a value for money headset this probably acceptable for the price, but if you want something comfortable and with better quality sound look for a Plantronics M175 or similar.

aLLreli Micro USB OTG Cable [LIFETIME WARRANTY] for Google Nexus 7 2 II / 10 / 9 / 5 / 6 | Motorola Moto G Xoom | Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 S2 Note 4 / 3 | Note 8.0 / 10.1 2014 Edition Tab 3 / pro 12.2 / 8.4 / Tab S 8.4 / 10.5 / 13.3 | HTC One M8 | Nokia Lumia 2520 | Tesco HUDL 7" plus | Toshiba encore | Acer Iconia | Asus Memo Pad HD | Lenove Thinkpad 8 IdeaTab | LG G3 Pad | Sony Xperia Z2 / Z1 / Ultra | Dell Venue Pro Android Smart Phone Tablet Male to female Host On The Go Adapter
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy addition for a Hudl2, 10 Dec. 2014
Bought this handy little cable adaptor to allow transfer and sharing of files from a home PC to a recently purchased Tesco Hudl2. It connected well and allowed me to view photos and videos on standard USB memory sticks. The only slight problem was that the Android operating system could not see or allow access to everything that was on the USB storage device - that wasn't due to any fault of this connector, but is a limitation of the Hudl2 knowing how to view and use some files, such a music or saved webpages. I am sure that as I try things I will find ways to use all the file types stored on a USB memory stick.

For standard sharing of folders containing photos or videos this connector works very well with the Hudl2. It also seems to be made to a high quality and feels strong and adaptable. I would recommend this connection device.

32GB Micro SD Micro SDHC Memory Card With SD Adapter For Tesco Hudl, Hudl 2 Tablet, Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi Tablet, HP Hewlett Packard Slate 7 Tablet, Archos 101 Tablet, Motorola XOOM MZ604 Tablet, Prestigio MultiPad PMP5080B Tablet, Medion Lifetab S9714 MD (99300), Microsoft Surface Tablet By UkMobileAccessories
Offered by UkMobileAccessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a Hudl2. Kingston quality., 10 Dec. 2014
A great addition to a Tesco Hudl2, giving the full amount of storage the device can handle. As is normal with Kingston, this is a good quality product and is supplied in a neat little case with a SD card adaptor.

[2 Pack] TECHGEAR® Tesco HUDL 2 8.3" (Hudl2 Tablet) MATTE ANTI-GLARE LCD Screen Protector Covers With Cleaning Cloth & Application Card
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and a good fit to the screen size, 10 Dec. 2014
This is a good screen protector kit, with an effective cleaning cloth, two good quality protection panels and an easy to use tear off film application, with a flexible plastic application card.

I have used similar kits for mobile phones and cameras and the best results are achieved with a brand new product in a very clean, dust free environment. Unfortunately, I had the Hudl2 for a few days before the pack arrived, so my application of the protector wasn't perfect, with a few tiny bubbles, but it causes no problems at all. I was particularly impressed with the fact that the protection panel fitted the screen precisely. Do beware of the little bits of plastic that pop out of the small holes on one side of the screen protection panel, as you don't want them on or under the panel as you try to apply it. If the first couple of attempts to apply the panel don't go exactly to plan it is fairly easy to lift and reposition it slightly.

The matt finish helps reduce glare and reflections from the screen, without reducing brightness at all. The touch screen conductivity is also still totally effective. At well under £3 this kit is very good value and I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone buying a Hudl2.

HJ90 Hall MENS SOFTOP No Elastic Wool Rich Socks 6-11 3pk All Black
HJ90 Hall MENS SOFTOP No Elastic Wool Rich Socks 6-11 3pk All Black
Offered by Socks Uwear®

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value wool rich socks. Worth paying a little more for., 9 Dec. 2014
With a mild circulation problem leading to slightly swollen ankles and lower legs I have worn this type of no elastic socks for a number years now - they are a big help. The problem for me has been finding a good value source for quality socks. I have three very good pairs, sold as sports socks, which are very thick and warm, but they are now becoming fairly old and I cannot find them on sale anywhere, in shops or online. The Good Grips ones that I have bought or been given as gifts have been of very disappointing quality - they can be often found for sale in large packs with the cost often as little as just over £1 per pair.

HJ Hall socks have always appealed to me, but with prices around £6 per pair I have always avoided them, but then I discovered this this pack which brings the price down to just under £4 per pair. When I took them out of the delivery package it was hard to tell these wool rich socks apart from the cotton rich one that I had also ordered at the same time. However, now that I have been wearing them for a few days I am very pleased with my purchase. Although they appear fairly thin for wool rich socks, the quality of the fibre they are made from is very good and they are almost as warm as socks that are over twice the thickness. They are very smooth and comfortable to wear and stay up very well, without leaving any visible mark. They fit my size 10/11 feet well and are easy to pull on and off.

If you are looking for good quality and hopefully fairly long lasting, no elastic socks, then I would recommend this good value pack of 3 wool rich socks.

Earpads Foam Cushions Replacement 4 PACK for Sennheiser - Sony - Plantronics - Panasonic - Philips - Logitec - Creative - Koss - Will Fit Most Headphones (60mm - 2.4") from Gadget Zoo
Offered by Goods-cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value way to refresh old headphones., 9 Dec. 2014
I took a chance on these being useful, based on the many positive reviews, and I very pleased with my purchase.

My old headphones are only a budget, unbranded, neckband style, but I happen to like the sound that they produce and they are very comfortable to wear. As my headphones are now over 7 years old, they were in urgent need of new foam cushions. The old foam appeared to be very close to 60mm across, so that is the size I ordered and they fit very well. It was vary easy to slip the new foam cushions into position on the earpieces, and the edge fitted the groove that helps hold them in place very well.

The new foam padding makes my old headphones feel like new again and the foam feels of sufficient quality to last a couple of years at least, maybe more, although I am fairly gentle with them when it comes to wear and tear. If you have a favourite pair of old headphones, that have a similar design of foam pads that are now worn out, then I would highly recommend these replacement foam cushions. At under £3 from GadgetZoo they are well worth the cost.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12