Profile for V. Smith > Reviews

Content by V. Smith

V. Smith

Watch Over Me (Glen Avich Book 1)
Watch Over Me (Glen Avich Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars sentimental but beautiful, 31 Aug. 2013
I read this book in one sitting with lots of tears. The characters and story lines are captured beautifully, although a little tricky to get your head around at the start. Beautiful.

The Quality of Mercy (Lord Edward Corinth & Verity Browne)
The Quality of Mercy (Lord Edward Corinth & Verity Browne)

4.0 out of 5 stars History, murder mystery and romance, 29 Aug. 2013
Beautifully complicated murder mystery with so many entwining story lines. Easy to read, although you will need to keep your wits about you to remember all of the characters, or maybe it was just the time of night/morning that I read.

The Hairy Dieters Eat for Life: How to Love Food, Lose Weight and Keep it Off for Good! (Hairy Bikers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recipes, 26 Aug. 2013
Just had a quick flick through so far but there are lots of interesting recipes that use normal ingredients to create food that our family would enjoy (we are a fussy bunch!). In the Kindle edition there is an index at the end that helps you find the recipes you want based on ingredients. I'm now keen to look at more of their books.

Cook Simple: Effortless cooking every day
Cook Simple: Effortless cooking every day

1.0 out of 5 stars uninspiring, 26 Aug. 2013
I was disappointed that in the kindle edition for iPad there was no index or chapters available. I flicked through the whole book and couldn't find any recipes that inspired me nor even bookmark for future reference. I'm just glad it wasn't an e pensive purchase.

The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass: Adrian Plass and the Church Weekend
The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass: Adrian Plass and the Church Weekend

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughs and tears in equal measure, 11 Jun. 2013
Hilariously funny, Adrian Plass captures all the many characters of the local church but even while laughing at their flaws, you are always aware that God loves them (us) all. In amongst the humour are pockets of serious beauty, where through Father John you get glimpses of Jesus.

The Resistance
The Resistance

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!, 12 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Resistance (Audio CD)
Superb album, echoes of Queen but complete originality at the same time. Muse have done it again, it may not be the best album they have produced but is certainly the most creative. My favourite track is track 5, Guiding Light.

Numatic HVR 200A Henry Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner,Green/Black, 1200W
Numatic HVR 200A Henry Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner,Green/Black, 1200W

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my henry!!!, 8 May 2009
I have never owned a henry before but I love it!! My kids love it!! Even my husband loves it!! But of course that is only for its cuteness factor :). He does however do a sterling job of the hoovering as well and because he is cute we now argue over who is going to do it!!

We go through hoovers very quickly in our house so I will be interested to see how long Henry lasts but compared to our previous hoovers (vax, electrolux and panasonic to namae a few) Henry is performing well so far. Great suction, easy to fit dustbags (haven't had to empty one yet)and easy to move around.

I am not usually a fan of the pull along vacuum cleaners and this one is heavy but because it has a long tube you don't have to pull the unit itself very often. It isn't as easy to swap over the tools as an upright but not a real problem.

It also comes with its own neat fabric bag which you can store all the bits in, complete with cute face on the front.

For cuteness factor and ease of finding willing volunteers to hoover the Henry wins hands down. For actual vacuuming Henry is as good as any hoover we have tried before and with a cat and 4 messy children that has to be good!

Kenwood TTP103 4-Slice Toaster, White
Kenwood TTP103 4-Slice Toaster, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic toaster..so far does perfect toast every time!, 8 May 2009
We have had this toaster for about a month now and it does perfect toast every time. I don't like my toast well done, just nicely browned and this I get on the number 2 setting. My husband likes his toast burnt and the number 6 setting is pretty good for this. My kids like warm bread and the number 1 does just that!!!!

It is a basic toaster and that is all I have ever owned so I have no idea how it would compare to one of those flashy expensive models...but I only want a toaster to toast things!! I have used it for bagels with no problems. The slider for the browning settings feels cheap and you think it will have no effect on the colour of your toast, but it seems to work fine! There is a defrost option which I haven't used and a warm up option which I also haven't tried.

It cancels simply by pulling the slider up. All in all a great buy and I would recommend it to anyone who likes there toast and doesn't want to pay the earth to get it.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Postage rip off!!, 2 Jan. 2009
When I got to check out for this item there was a postage charge of £20!! So much the free postage. Shame.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2015 9:39 PM GMT