Profile for MSmith0102 > Reviews

Content by MSmith0102

MSmith0102

CSL - 5m Full HD Mini Displayport on HDMI cable | miniDP on HDMI | Full HD 1080p | certified | 24k gold-plated contacts | PC and Apple / MAC, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air | white | 5 metres
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as described, 20 Feb. 2014
Only so much to say about a cable. It works as advertised, seems durable and also transmits audio, which I was relieved to find out.

Don't be fooled by the low-price of this cable compared to alternative 5m cables of this nature - no compromises here!

Belkin PU Leather Pocket Case for iPhone 5 and 5s - Black
Belkin PU Leather Pocket Case for iPhone 5 and 5s - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too tight, 20 Feb. 2014
I'm a heavy user of my phone for a variety of purposes, and so naturally I'm often pulling it out of my pocket and checking up on things. This case makes using your phone a chore.

Put simply, this case is too snug. It's difficult to get your iPhone in and out of the case, which after a short period of time becomes incredibly frustrating.

The case is a very low-profile, sleek looking case however - that's why I gave it two stars instead of one.

But ultimately, this case is fundamentally flawed, and I would encourage you to spend your hard-earned cash on an alternative protective solution. I've reverted to my old case, and this case will serve only as a backup.

Konig 40W 2.1 Surround AV Soundbar Speaker System with Built-in Subwoofer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great soundbar for the price, 26 Jan. 2014
Bought this to go with my new TV, and it is far superior to any audio you'll get out of pretty much any TV set. For under £100, this is one of the cheaper soundbars you can buy, but it offers really great value.

A separate subwoofer would have been nice, and if you spend 20 maybe 30 quid more you can get ones that come with them if you're really concerned about bass (although this soundbar offers as much as most people would want with the integrated subwoofer).

Recommended add-on to any TV setup!

Osco Mesh Waste Bin Lightweight Sturdy Scratch-resistant W275xH350mm Black Ref WB35 B

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, 26 Jan. 2014
There's only so much to say about a bin. It's a good product, seems sturdy. Nothing to complain about and I'm happy with the price I paid for it.

AOC i2269Vwm Value 21.5 inch IPS Monitor (1000:1, 250 cd/m2, 1920x1080, 6ms, HDMI/MHL)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy, 23 Nov. 2013
For £110, I wasn't expecting much, but this monitor exceeds all of my expectations. It has beautiful aesthetics with its thin profile and remarkably small bezel. It has a surprisingly solid construction and the stand is sturdy, so nothing wobbles like on some other cheaper displays.

Being an IPS screen, it has top notch viewing angles. The anti-glare coating the panel has on it serves its purpose well, but doesn't dull the screen too much, so colours are punchy and vivid.

If there was one thing that I would want, it would be height adjustment - but in general, no display in this price range has this feature, and it isn't worth deducting a star for that reason alone. It does have tilt adjustment.

If you're looking for a really nice, affordable monitor, look no further.

Samsung i9100 Galaxy S 2 Black with Pink Butterfly / Flora / Flower Design Soft Gel Case Skin Cover - By iTechCover
Offered by Phone M8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 19 Dec. 2011
For the low price, I didn't have high expectations for it, but I was surprised.

It's high quality, and looks nice for the female among us.

A cheap, very satisfactory buy.

Logitech K300 Compact Black USB Media Keyboard
Logitech K300 Compact Black USB Media Keyboard

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 3 Nov. 2011
I was in the market for a new keyboard. Seeing that this was almost a third cheaper than what it normally is, I went for it and have no regrets. Very nice keyboard - slim, elegant and simple.

It feels pretty durable, but the only thing I would say is that the arrow keys are a bit small! When playing a game or something of the like, I find that I every now and again miss the arrow key! But altogether, only a minor setback.

Certainly worth a tenner.

StarTech.com HDMI to DVI-D Video Cable Adapter - 1x HDMI (M), 1x DVI-D (F), Black - Gold-Plated Connectors

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Works, 3 Nov. 2011
Not much to say, but works as it should. Had no problems installing it - great product for a good price!

1.8m - Mini DisplayPort to DVI Cable by Neet® - ( VIDEO Adapter lead for Apple iMac- Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air & PC with Mini DP etc. )
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to do, 5 May 2011
For the price, it's a solid purchase. I wanted to connect my iMac to an external display - it's a pretty old one and has VGA or DVI. This cable allowed me to do that. I used to have a dual monitor PC setup before I changed to Mac, and it's great to have it back again. You don't notice how much a second monitor helps out until you actually have one. It's worth every penny!