Profile for A. BADDELEY > Reviews

Content by A. BADDELEY

A. BADDELEY "sawtooth12" (Cape Town, South Africa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
MoKo Slim-fit Cover Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus, Light BLUE (with Automatic Sleep/Wake Function, Protective Hardback, Built-in Multi-angle Stand, Elastic Hand Strap, and Stylus Loop)
Offered by BSCstore EU

5.0 out of 5 stars nexus 7 case, 4 Jun 2014
Has held up very well in 8 months or so with no signs of wear. Good product. A little bulky but with my 2.5 year old, safety comes first!

De'Longhi KG79 Professional Burr Grinder
De'Longhi KG79 Professional Burr Grinder

3.0 out of 5 stars Coarse, not refined!, 4 Jun 2014
After just over 6 months the quality of the grind has depreciated greatly. There is no longer a consistency with both somewhat fine and course particles produced when on the finest grind setting. Leads to weak espresso and a waste of good coffee. I am having to manually grind them further in paper with a bottle. Not my initial intention! Yes, I carried out the crude hack with adjustment to get a finer grind than the stock setting allowed, maybe over this period that action had consequences, I don't know. Why not one star? Well 40 quid for 6 months is no big deal. Don"'t fool yourself you're getting great quality here. A decent burr grinder that will last should cost a few hundred pounds, that's just the reality. If you're fussy. And you should be.

Nokia DC-16 Universal Portable USB Charger - Cyan
Nokia DC-16 Universal Portable USB Charger - Cyan

3.0 out of 5 stars not too shabby, 9 Dec 2013
All I have to say is it was fully charged about two weeks ago (has an LED indicator which lights up upon button press to inform you of status) and my 2 month old Lumia 520 (with quite small battery) just got abour 75% charge before this DC-16 device was drained of all power. So not entirely impressed. Maybe that's the trade-off with a small, highly portable device.

Shop4 Premium Car Kit For Nokia Lumia 520. Includes Windscreen Suction Mount Holder And Micro USB In Car Charger
Offered by Accessoryworld

1.0 out of 5 stars avoid, 9 Dec 2013
There is terrible lateral movement on this device that one cannot void as it's within the arm itself. So unless you want to curtail your driving speed to no more than 30 miles per hour, it's quite likely you'll find it swinging to either side. Certainly led to my frustration and hence removal from my car altogether. I'd avoid.

Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II (2.0) Multimedia Speakers with BasXPort Technology

4.0 out of 5 stars Gigabass - nope, but still a good set of speakers, 22 Oct 2013
If you're looking for something small, portable (I'll be chucking them into a suitcase to take overseas so size and weight is a consideration) then you can't go too wrong with these. The clarity is very good. They're not shrill in any way even with the treble at a full setting. When watching movies or listening to anything but 'dance' music the depth of bass is actually very impressive. However I listen purely to deep/tech-house, a tad of techno and anything with a kick drum (4/4) the small drivers and / or speakers struggle to deal with and ultimately fail. One just has to accept that they're not there as turning up the bass level just leads to distortion. I was aware this would probably be the case and had to further expectations due to this product excluding a subwoofer. Speakers seems well-made: of a heavier weight than I'd originally anticipated (actually the first thing I noticed when taking them out of the box) which has me thinking they're of a decent build quality. Therefore I think all-in-all decent value at ~£55.00 and a worthy purchase if they meet your requirements. I'm happy.

Gadget Giant ® Black PU Leather Flip Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 520
Gadget Giant ® Black PU Leather Flip Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 520
Offered by dont worry be happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Oct 2013
Awesome product, very happy. Junked my neoprene rear cover and screen protector for this, far nicer. Seems well made and can't find a fault. Buy.

Nokia Lumia 520 Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 6-in-1 Pack By Terrapin
Offered by ClickJunkie

3.0 out of 5 stars average, 22 Oct 2013
I found a few imperfections in one of the screens I applied and had to junk it. The plastic actually had an odd marking to it but the rest I've used since have seen fine. Hard to completely remove all irregularities when applying a screen protector. I rolled it out very carefully wiping from side-to-side as I moved downwards ensuring no air bubbles. This was achieved after sacrificing yet another to master the art so do ensure your pack has 3+ in total. However on one of the edges I still had a whitening which no amount of rubbing could remove. In the end I junked the screen protector and seperate neoprene cover attached to the rear of the phone, and prefer my Gadget Giant ® Nokia Lumia 520 Black PU Leather Flip Case Cover & LCD Screen Protector. However for my wife's Lumia 520 (which I am to buy her as I think this phone is the current budget deal to beat) I will fit hers with the neoprene cover and screen protector for differentiation (she gets the second-rate option!).

G-star Raw Men's New Radar Low Loose Relaxed Jeans, Blue (Dark Aged), W32/L32
G-star Raw Men's New Radar Low Loose Relaxed Jeans, Blue (Dark Aged), W32/L32

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!!!, 22 Oct 2013
I am now 40 years of age and must confess these are the most perfect pair of jeans I've yet owned. The denim is of a very high quality and beautifully soft. Length just right with neither leg extending further than mid-boot (many pairs of jeans in 32/32 to be a tad too long with the ends then getting caught on the heel of my boot, both feeling awkward and wearing out quickly). They are indeed loose which to me still symbolises a casual yet highly cool, street-smart appearance. The high street (as of latter half of 2013) is heavily styled towards skinny jeans - just finding a loose cut is fairly difficult. Interestingly enough, a salesperson at the G-Star Raw store in Carnaby Street, London, actually told me that baggy jeans were 'so last decade' - although whether he saw a distinction between loose and baggy, I'm not sure. Anyway, I really can't fault these in any way, shape or form (in spite of being a perfectionist, often at my own detriment!) and have to award them a 5/5 star rating. Since arriving for a holiday last month from Cape Town, South Africa, I am the proud owner of 3 various pairs, all in a loose fit: one in plain black / no wash, the second dark blue / medium wash (product reviewed) and the third a medium blue / medium wash. Damn I love my G-Star Raws! :)

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short, 18 Oct 2013
I'm about a 32" waist and purchashed a couple of pairs in medium size (33-35" waist). The waist itself is fine but the length is terribly short, sitting way below my crotch. I'm not particularly tall either and of fairly average height. They'll need to be returned. Suppose the next size up would then have a waist size too wide for me in spite of (possibly) a correct length? Best ask for a refund rather than take the risk!

Colgate Spider Sense Spider-Man Toothbrush
Colgate Spider Sense Spider-Man Toothbrush
Offered by Activecare Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Environmentally irresponsible, 7 July 2013
Just me or do others agree this is a very, very poor product due to the heads not being replaceable? Basically a product to last t no more than a few months (manufacturer advises no more than 3 months!) And thento be junked. Talk about a brilliant example of 'planned obsolescence'. Colgate should hold their head in shame.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5