Profile for Lola > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 615

Lola (London)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
FRiEQ® Armband for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) - Lightweight and Fully Adjustable - Ideal for Workout, Hiking, Jogging, Gym, Running or Other Sports
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for jogging (in the sun)., 22 Feb. 2015
Another great product from FRiEQ: FRiEQ Armband for iPhone 6 (4.7 inches) - lightweight and adjustable - ideal for hiking, jogging and generally any sports. A godsend when I forgot my iPod but still had this case to jog with (although it does not give any protection from wet conditions). Seems a bit wobbly, but so far so good.

FRiEQ® iPhone 6 Wallet Case - Premium PU leather Wallet Case with Card Slots, ID Holders and Cash Compartment for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) - Black
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars This FRiEQ case is a great little thing! Recommended (especially if you like the full cover protection)., 22 Feb. 2015
I was very impressed with this iPhone 6 case (note: only suitable for iPhone 6!). It’s made from the high quality PU leather (nobody will be able to tell that it’s not your 100% leather when the synthetic smell wears out – but it’s Vegan!). It can be use as a “wallet” case that closes up with a magnetic clasp (and which has cards/banknotes slots). But (and that’s the best bit!) you can remove the inlay case (which is held inside by invisible magnet) and have just the sides and the back of your iPhone 6 protected (no obstruction for the cameras and you can see all notifications immediately).

Super Strength Garlic 6000mg - 120 Odourless capsules
Super Strength Garlic 6000mg - 120 Odourless capsules
Offered by bostradsales

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! And really helps your immune system!, 22 Feb. 2015
I used to suffer from high blood pressure, but bought these capsules for the antiviral and antioxidant properties of garlic for immune health. What can I say... I used to suffer through 3-4 colds per winter (and I used to eat raw garlic because I found out long time ago it helped... but the smell!..). This winter I did not get any colds (except for a few days when I was on holidays WITHOUT the garlic capsules) - and this was a revelations. Will continue to have these garlic capsules as a food supplement.
Okay, the packaging is not super great (it's like a toiletries bag you are given in the airport) - but who cares!

Korres Sage and Salicylic Acid Regulating Gel for Face and Body for Oily Skin 250ml
Offered by Online Beauty Buys

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for oily skin, but not the most powerful., 22 Feb. 2015
I generally love Korres (their merchandise is free of a lot of nasties that are generally found in the high street and even luxury products on the market), so I am always willing to try new Korres product (this shower gel is made of 90.7% natural content). This one is for oily skin, and even though, on description (Salicylic acid etc.), you would think your skin would be oil-free (okay, of course not, but at least the oil production would be somewhat minimised), I did not get the result I was hoping for. Bearing in mind the price and the fact that this could be used as a shower gel, I understand the ingredients in this Korres Oily Skin gel are in small quantities to make any real and/or immediate difference. I much prefer Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Cleanser - 150ml/5oz to achieve the cleanest (oil-free) feel on my face. I would recommend this particular shower gel for teenagers; perhaps, with problem skin and increased oil secretion (when your back is covered in spots, during the agonising teenage years).

The Slow Regard of Silent Things: A Kingkiller Chronicle Novella (Kingkiller Chonicles)

2.0 out of 5 stars Approach with caution (and a kiss)., 22 Feb. 2015
There is a lot being said (on love it-hate it subject of the book), so I just write a quick one. I know who Auri is, I enjoyed both books in Kingkiller’s chronicle, I knew exactly what to expect (i.e. this is not the final book of the trilogy). And… what a bore. I am sorry, but it was. I read “The Slow Regard…) within 2 hours and yes, Patrick does have a way with words, but I would enjoy much more a real story, where something different/real/exciting happens. I feel I wasted my entire evening on reading an extract of life (a week) of OCD person running around and kissing things in the faery world. And, despite what Patrick suggests, I have no desire to re-read.

Effie Gray [Blu-ray]
Effie Gray [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Dakota Fanning

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but dull., 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Effie Gray [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Being a fan of all things Pre-Raphaelite, I was eager to see the film about the beautiful Effie Gray, whose life was closely intervened with both John Ruskin and John Everett Millais. If you are looking for a Victorian romance/drama (similar to Young Victoria [DVD] [2009]), I am afraid "Effie Gray" is very different.

Based on an infamous true story (think of the times where divorce or gay relationships were not an option), this film, done in brown colours, this drama offers very little of a romance, and you can only guess that the film is about a love triangle. There is very little love on display (the best at showing at least some sparks of love is Tom Sturridge, playing John Everett Milias) and absolutely no excitement and/oh humour. And despite all the effort (including great acting), "Effie Gray" the film felt a little difficult and dull.

Not recommended, unless you have an interest in Pre-Raphaelites.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2015 8:59 AM GMT

The Woman Who Stole My Life
The Woman Who Stole My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable page-turner! Ah good old Marian!, 21 Feb. 2015
There was a period of my life when I read Marian Keyes religiously (I kid you not!). It was about ten years ago and a lot of books passed through my hands before "The Woman Who Stole My Life" appeared on my bookshelf. I was a bit scared (after all, my taste in literature changed during the past decade, I became somewhat of a book snob), but I actually ENJOYED THIS BOOK A LOT. I read it mostly in one night (Friday evening was a long one) and gosh, it was such a pleasant, relaxing, occasionally funny, occasionally heart breaking, engaging read. There are a lot of things I did not like: apart from the two main characters, the supporting cast were either pretty unbelievable or one-dimensional; main heroine, Stella, behaved like a woman without any backbone; confusing beginning... It took me a while to warm up to the book, but when I did, I fell in love with "The Woman Who Stole My Life" (excuse the pun). It's not a five-star book, and definitely not the best book of Marian, but it was such an engaging affair (and I was never really sure how it will end!), that I am giving it all 5 stars!

Nutella Unisex Sweatshirt
Nutella Unisex Sweatshirt
Price: £12.99 - £17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but..., 21 Feb. 2015
The sweatshirt looks better on the photograph here - I was sorely disappointed by the grey colour of it, when on the listing photo the colour is greenish-grey, the palest of blue. The actual sweatshirt is your standard grey colour. The image of the Nutella jar looks better on the small image here, yet is stretched and not all that cute on a size M garment. BUT the top is soft and cosy and will be great to wear around the house on a cold day (it almost feels like a [very warm] pyjama top). It's just I expected something a bit different.

Natio Orange Blossom Body Wash 250ml
Natio Orange Blossom Body Wash 250ml
Offered by Solretail LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing!, 21 Feb. 2015
The shower gel that uses natural oils to clean and refresh your skin will immediately get top marks from me. Subject, of course, to its bubbling powers - this Natio shower gel is good (not a massive amount of bubbles, I would prefer more, but the smell is gorgeous! So refreshing!)! The whole Natio's skin range was created utilising principles of aromatherapy, so you know the essential oils that are amongst the ingredients in the Natio Orange shower gel don't only smell good, but moisturise and nourish the body whilst relaxing mind (and soul)! Made in Australia, of course. Great buy!

P.S. Doesn't necessarily smell of oranges, but more of white tea and vera. Still soo good - and not at all girly.

Henry: Virtuous Prince
Henry: Virtuous Prince
by David Starkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking the "real" prince., 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Henry: Virtuous Prince (Hardcover)
At the height of my obsession with Tudors, I picked up the “Virtuous Prince” hungry for details of Henry VIII’s early life. I read it a while ago and was just looking for more books on the subject, remembering that from this particular book I still recall the chapters on the War of Roses and establishment of the Tudors, yet very little about the young [spare] prince himself. Dynastic background, historical details and politics overshadowed Henry VIII as a real person. The book felt very stiff and a bit confusing. And lacking, simply lacking any emotional involvement.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20