Profile for Lola > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
La Mer Intensive Revitalizing Mask .5 oz / 15 ml
La Mer Intensive Revitalizing Mask .5 oz / 15 ml
Offered by FHL Store

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mask ever! (I bought mine from the official La Mer counter.), 3 July 2015
This Crème De La Mer Intensive Revitalizing Mask was the first mask (ever!) that worked – I mean I could clearly see results the next morning! And it was truly miraculous. The idea is to apply mask and leave it for about 8-10 minutes, then follow with your daily moisturiser. It works – especially after a few first application you can see the difference – silky, plump, fresh-looking skin! I regularly use this mask as an “overnight” mask, without moisturiser on top, and, aided with a full night’s sleep, my skin looks its best the morning after. Definitely recommended – try a sample and you’ll be hooked!

P.S. I noticed after a few months of using (a bit irregularly) the mask the results are not as amazing as after the first few applications. But I still believe that this is one great product. Will buy again!

LA MER The Intensive Revitalizing Mask 75ml. by N/A

Offered by Cosmetics Now-UK

Fujifilm X Series Case for Camera - Brown
Fujifilm X Series Case for Camera - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right!, 1 July 2015
After getting an X-T1 camera I did a bit of research regarding the suitable bags. The price of what I liked usually was about £180-200, and then I stumbled upon this little thing (also available on the Fuji website, which proves that this is a genuine Fuji product). The bag is about 25cm x 10cm and 15cm deep (internally). I have in mine a camera body and two lenses, which all fit quite comfortably and leave a bit of room for a charger etc. Surprisingly, not too heavy. And the strap is long enough wear the bag across your body.

Summer House with Swimming Pool
Summer House with Swimming Pool
by Herman Koch

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be just a perfect [intelligent] beach read!, 1 July 2015
"Summer House With Swimming Pool" - interesting, surprising, funny, disturbing, tense - all this in one book. Could not put it down, that what summer read should be like! Lost innocence, growing up, who is the guilty party, self-surgery and the shortest night of the summer! Wild ride along the person's conscience (or if the main hero does indeed follow the road of fairness, eye for an eye etc.)! Totally absorbing and very disconcerting! Seriously, a small rollercoaster of emotions, an intelligent silent thriller.

GLAMGLOW BRIGHTMUD Eye Treatment 12 g
GLAMGLOW BRIGHTMUD Eye Treatment 12 g

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, a disappointment., 1 July 2015
This box of GlamGlow Eye Treatment contains enough capsules for 12 treatments only (you can stretch one capsule to a couple of treatments), with recommended treatment to occur 2-3 times a week, so, by the end of the month, you will be out of “ChromeCells”. Taking into account price and results of the treatments, I do not think I will be buying BrightMud Eye Treatment again. “Soothes, revives and de-puffs” – it does not offer any anti-ageing results and a good night’s sleep will get rid of your dark circles better than this. Very disappointing, and I wanted to love it…

The Humans
The Humans
by Matt Haig

4.0 out of 5 stars A nitrogen-drinking alien lands on our blue planet, naked on a Cambridge street…, 1 July 2015
This review is from: The Humans (Paperback)
I gulped down "The Humans" in one day, travelling, during breakfast, with a cup of tea. I did not like it in the beginning, then I enjoyed it, then I kinda started to enjoy it a lot, and towards the end I calmed down and the book started to annoy it a bit. A-NY-WAY. Quick and pleasant. Painless and full of humour. And a fair amount of philosophising about love/life/humanity and where this is all going... 4 stars from me, despite the book being full of poppy quotes (please!) such as: "You are human. You will care about money. But realise it can't make you happy because happiness is not for sale." And my personal favourite: "Given the absence of mind-reading technology, humans believe monogamy is possible.". Gotcha there.

I agree with my fellow reviewers leaving high marks for “The Humans”. It is a good book. Kind-hearted and original, despite the fact that you can predict almost form the first chapter how the events will unfold. And they had a spaniel there!

P.S. Had to google A LOT of math stuff. Prime numbers and their ingenuity, Reimann Hypothesis etc. Now wait here, how did aliens know that Reimann Hypothesis was called just that on Earth, and then struggled to communicate on arrival… They also (mistakenly!) thought that human language contains only 26 letters. Is this a suggestion that English might be a language of Babylon, Earth-wide and ultimate? But you know what, I am prepared to overlook (actually, I already overlooked!) all these minor glitches (and there were a few) in otherwise pretty enjoyable and very entertaining book.

Perfect for summer!