Profile for L. Cross > Reviews

Content by L. Cross

L. Cross (Oxfordshire, UK)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR QUALITY.Will not stand up to a determined, hungry cat!!, 17 Dec 2010
When I first bought this feeder, I thought it would mean that I could finally get some sleep at night from a persistently hungry cat! I also thought it would help with working all day and making sure the cat gets fed at regular intervals - particularly as he is poorly and needs small regular feeds.

This feeder though is rather shabby and flimsy. Like other reviewers have noted, it does not stand up to a cat who is determined to get it open. The plastic on the lids is so flimsy, they feel like they could easily snap. After a few goes of working well, my cat decided to have a go at getting it open himself. I have watched him do it and it is as easy as hooking his claws under the lid and dragging the bowl out! The other issue is that the battery is not slotted in securely. It easily knocks out if your cat wants to have a go at trying to get the feeder open. This means that the battery can fall out and therefore the feeder stops working. It needs a cover to go over the battery to hold it securely in place rather than leaving it so exposed and liable to fall out.

The part where the lid attached to the unit is also very weak too and wears down quickly. VERY, VERY disappointed with this product and now having to find alternatives. I would advise to avoid it at all costs as the previous reviews show that these are common design faults.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 1:13 PM BST

Dear Fatty
Dear Fatty
by Dawn French

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, funny, uplifting and sometimes surprising., 17 Oct 2008
This review is from: Dear Fatty (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this autobiography. I was expecting lots of the usual, 'woe is me, what a bad life I've had' diatribe that's usually found in autobiographies, but no. Dawn French is witty (obviously) but also self-effacing. She remains positive even when discussing the death of those closest to her.
The format of writing a collection of letters to loved ones also gave this a personal touch and a heart-felt warmth.
I'm no ardent Dawn French fan and I don't think you need to be to appreciate the humour and candid nature of her writing.

Alpha: Questions of Life
Alpha: Questions of Life
by Nicky Gumbel

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent companion to the Alpha course, 2 Jun 2008
I bought this book when I was starting out on the Alpha course. A lot of what is in the book is shown in Gumbel's speeches shown on the course, but the book allows time and space to go into more detail.
I found this book extremely helpful, comforting and thought-provoking as someone who is just adopting Christianity. It doesn't provide all the answers, which never could be answered anyway. But it does make you think and it makes you feel that someone really understands what you're going through as a new Christian, which can be a scary but ultimately wonderful time. Gumbel's anecdotes are funny and provide a lighter edge to what could be viewed as a 'heavy' subject matter.