Profile for A Stares > Reviews

Content by A Stares

A Stares "Nobody important" (East Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Felco Cutting blade model 6,12 secateurs
Felco Cutting blade model 6,12 secateurs
Offered by UK Outdoor Store
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They are from Felco so must be good!, 9 Oct 2013
Bought these to replace the blade on my mum's Felco secateurs. It made them like new, as you'd expect! Nothing much else to say. Arrived very quickly from the seller too which is always nice.

Sistema Klip It Cereal Container, 2.8 Litre
Sistema Klip It Cereal Container, 2.8 Litre
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good airtight containers, 9 Oct 2013
Bought these for my mum who likes everything shipshape and organised in her kitchen. She had some cheaper versions from a supermarket but they were quickly deteriorating and wanted these ones. She loves them and says they are very good quality. Mums are always right so buy these ones!

Black Stick Spudger Tool for opening Apple Laptop iPad iPod iPhone
Black Stick Spudger Tool for opening Apple Laptop iPad iPod iPhone
Offered by Vinyl Guru
Price: 2.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 9 Oct 2013
Bought this to replace my original spudger, which I lost. This was quite a bit cheaper, nothing too wrong with it but not as nice as the authentic one. Not sure it will last as long but if you only use it occasionally then it will probably be fine. Luckily shortly after I received this one my first one turned up! I was so pleased!

Offered by icestation
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust cable, 9 Oct 2013
Ordered this cable after I found my Samsung Note 2 would slowly lose charge while using a Satnav app. Originally thought it was the car charger and wasted time and money ordering a couple of new ones. Turns out a lot of USB cables just aren't up to the job of supplying enough current to the phone. This cable is a little thicker than others but certainly not bulky and is still very flexible. Looks like this cable will last a long time and very happy that I can now use and charge the phone while on the move. So pleased to have found something that works so well and will be buying a few more of them.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2014 11:57 PM BST

Samsung Screen Protector for Galaxy Note 2 - Black Border
Samsung Screen Protector for Galaxy Note 2 - Black Border
Price: 5.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant screen cover, 9 Sep 2013
Bought a few different cheap screen covers since getting my phone but they weren't very good. Finally decided to spend a bit more money and went for these Samsung ones. What a difference! First off so much easier to put on, just need to take your time in getting rid of all dust and hair before applying. I did mine in the bathroom after a hot shower to minimise dust in the air. Once on I couldn't believe how well it worked, felt like the original glass. Using my hand or the S-Pen it worked extremely well. Going to be sticking with these covers for the foreseeable future.

Offered by BESTBUYIT
Price: 4.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, compact and neat (but read on if you're having problems), 9 Sep 2013
This charger is well made and appears to works very well too. It is very compact, sitting almost flush. My cigar lighter socket is a bit shallow and caused my old charger to regularly fall out. This one is a nice snug fit. Only tested so far on my Samsung phone but I'm sure it will work for anything else. The green LED is a bit too bright for night driving but you can turn it round to hide it with the cable or stick some tape over it. Not a big deal.

If you're having problems charging your phone then read on.
At first I thought this charger wasn't suitable for my phone as it didn't supply any more current than my ancient car charger. Feeling a bit peeved, I bought yet another charger, a PowerGen Dual USB 3.6A 18w Car Charger for Apple iPad 1, iPad 2, The New iPad 3, iPad mini, iPhone 5 4s 4 3 3Gs, Android Phones, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Google Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nexus 10 (USB Cable NOT included) - BLACK which had dual outputs, one for Apple and one for non Apple. Annoyingly this didn't appear to supply enough charge to my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 either - grrr! I was mystified and a bit disillusioned by these so called high current chargers until I stumbled upon the real culprit - the blooming cable!!! Turns out that all but 2 of the many sync cables I own weren't able to supply the current needed to keep the phone charging. The original Samsung cable and a very chunky flat cable worked. All the others, including some other genuine Samsung cables didn't. I was amazed at discovering this fact, thought all these USB cables were basically the same. Seems like if you have a power hungry device you need something a bit chunkier to carry the current. So if you're having problems getting these chargers to supply enough juice, don't bin it, just try a different cable. Hope this helps.
P.S. Ordered VEO - Heavy duty MICRO USB DATA CABLE FOR BLACKBERRY SAMSUNG NOKIA HTC SONY ERICSSON - 1M black and can confirm this cable works well and is well made. They also make Apple versions too. K Bye x

PowerGen Dual USB 4.2A 20W Car Charger for Apple iPad Air, mini, iPhone 5S 5 4S 4 3Gs, Android Phones, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3; Note 3 2; Tab 3; HTC One (M8) Google Nexus and more [Designed for Apple and Android Devices] (USB Cable NOT included)
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent charger (but read on if you're having problems), 9 Sep 2013
This charger is well made, looks quite snazzy and works very well indeed. It fits perfectly in my cigar lighter socket, which is a bit shallow and caused my old charger to regularly fall out. This one is a nice snug fit. Only tested so far on my Samsung phone but I'm sure it will work for anything else. The red LED is very subtle, something I appreciate when driving at night.

If you're having problems charging your phone then read on.
This was the second car charger I had ordered recently. The first was a Belkin - Micro Car Charger adapter 2100 mAh + ChargeSync cable for iPhone/iPod/iPad (F8Z689cw). This didn't appear to supply enough charge to my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and so ordered this PowerGen version. This seemed to have the same problem so running SatNav on my phone meant arriving at my destination with less battery than when I started. I was mystified and a bit disillusioned by these so called high current chargers until I stumbled upon the real culprit - the blooming cable!!! Turns out all but 2 of the many sync cables I own weren't able to supply the current needed to keep the phone charging. The original Samsung cable worked, also a very chunky flat cable I had did too, but all the others, including some other genuine Samsung cables didn't. I was amazed at discovering this fact, thought all these USB cables were basically the same. Seems like if you have a power hungry device you need something a bit chunkier to carry the current. So if you're having problems getting these chargers to supply enough juice, don't bin it, just try a different cable. Hope this helps.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2014 4:03 PM GMT

MediaDevil / PhoneDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Apple iPhone 4 / 4S (2 x FRONT Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 23 Aug 2012
First off I was impressed with the quick delivery, they arrived the day after ordering.
Even though I had fitted other screen protectors before, I thought I'd watch their YouTube video, mostly out of curiosity. This was actually very helpful and well worth viewing.
Like a lot of things in life it's all about the preparation. Take your time, make sure the screen is scrupulously clean and apply in as dust free environment as possible. Once you've done that, the film goes on with no problems using the provided 'squeegee' card to smooth the way.
The final result works well, the screen has a slightly 'grippier' feeling than when it's 'au natural', but I actually quite like that.
Once you've finished applying your screen protector you can sit back and enjoy the sweets kindly provided in the packaging! Thanks MediaDevil :-)
I wish I had bought these 8 months ago instead of the one I got from a well known high street catalogue shop. At the time I didn't realise that one hadn't stuck, must have ended up in the bin!
I would definitely recommend these screen protectors, they may be a bit more money than some others but I'd say they're worth it.

10 x G4 20w Clear Halogen Capsule Bulbs 12v
10 x G4 20w Clear Halogen Capsule Bulbs 12v
Offered by Leonlighting
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars They are tiny little bulbs and they work!, 11 July 2012
These bulbs each came in their own little box and wrapped in a little bit of plastic film which was handy when fitting them as you're not meant to touch the glass envelope with your fingers. I didn't find them too awkward to fit but maybe that depends on the light fitting itself? Anyway, the bulb did light up, so I'm happy :)

Turok (Xbox 360)
Turok (Xbox 360)
Offered by Korte-EDV Internetmarketing & Vertrieb, Preise inkl. MwSt.
Price: 17.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow another must buy!, 5 Oct 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Turok (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game is another xbox classic, the story is twice as good as cod 4 and assassins creed put together, the online... well... the only thing to say about it, its amazing and funny watching loads of people running around trying to kill each other while getting eaten by loads of dinosaurs.

Single player 4/5
Multiplayer 5/5
Npc's and weopens 5/5 MUST BUY! Worth every single penny!

Page: 1 | 2