Profile for Jack Robinson > Reviews

Content by Jack Robinson

Jack Robinson

Final Fantasy IV - The Complete Collection (PSP)
Final Fantasy IV - The Complete Collection (PSP)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking!, 18 Jun. 2015
It's back and the magic is prettier!

In all seriousness this is brilliant, the classic is available to play as a classic with some modern improvements. The game is all here and I couldn't be happier.

My one and ONLY complaint: On the screenshots it shows the edition with the fancy box, artwork and such but in the mail I actually received a PSP Essentials case. After going back and reading the description again I realised the collector's edition was only available on pre-orders so perhaps that's why. It's a tad misleading is all and I'd prefer if the screenshots showed what you were actually getting.

Edgar Allan Poe: Complete Stories and Poems (Fall River Classics)
Edgar Allan Poe: Complete Stories and Poems (Fall River Classics)
by Edgar Allan Poe

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing collection of amazing work by an amazing man, one downside., 16 Jun. 2015
Amazing. Fantastic collection of work by my favourite poet. Now I can read this beautiful literature at any time I please.

I deducted a star only due to the fact that the sleeve on this book (my one at least) is absolutely worthless. It's pretty but it's not held in place, most times that I've gone to pick it up the sleeve has just come straight off and left the book falling and nearly landing on my feet.

That aside, however, I recommend this to anyone even those who aren't familiar with Poe.

Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as many made it out to be., 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) (Video Game)
"Oh no! N-n-n-not Dante!?" cried out the many fans who saw the trailer for this sequel, it turned out to be a pretty decent game with only a few downsides.

Backtracking is bad, you play the same levels pretty in much in reverse and fight the same bosses as Nero, when you play as Dante. However, having Dante's cracking sense of humour fire away at the bosses after Nero's cute little attempts was very refreshing.

Unlockable content is not great, DMC3 gave us various costumes which I loved. This has standard Dante and Nero, and then Super Dante and Nero (unlimited Devil Trigger). Bloody palace is a great laugh and good fun.

Then there's the chess game...more specifically, that damned stair case...yeah you won't like that.

Still! Nero's Devil Bringer adds a great mechanic, the game looks great, soundtrack is fantastic, boss battles are fun, watching the cut scenes of Gloria/Trish and Lady is TORTURE *excessive drooling*, there's romance in the air and as the last game in the original line up it sends the old crew out with one hell of a "Let's rock!"

Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS3)
Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS3)
Offered by games-wizard

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 9 Mar. 2014
Exactly what I was expecting, I got this more to just play the classic trilogy (...DMC2 aside...) after ridding myself of my ps2. My only complaint is VERY slight, in which the cut scenes in DMC1 seem sped up. Like I say VERY minimal issue.

The only reason I knocked a star off is because I'm not a fan of DMC2, but like most demon hunting enthusiasts, you'll be buying this for 1 and 3.

Brilliant buy!

Thief (PS3)
Thief (PS3)
Offered by b68solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, fantastic even...if you can be a bit forgiving., 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Thief (PS3) (Video Game)
I hesitated for a long while before buying it, but I've found after looking beyond the patchy graphics, sound glitches, clunky story and subtitle sync issues...I was not disappointed.

Unfortunately, you either like or HATE this game. The only way to know for sure is to try it out for yourself...unless you're one of those people who refused to play the Devil May Cry reboot because of the bad characters and story. Story has never been the strong point in DMC games, and you've missed out on an insanely fun hack and slash experience...well done!

Try it before you buy it...if you can!