Profile for D. Latham > Reviews

SEBO X1.1 Automatic Upright Bagged Vacuum Cleaner
SEBO X1.1 Automatic Upright Bagged Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Radford Vac Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy, 2 Feb. 2012
Bought this Sebo after our second Dyson in five years died. Its a wonderful machine incredible suction and design. Not too heavy to lug upstairs and looks good too (much more than the ugly Dyson). I am sure this machine will last me until I head to the old folks home.

FS1860-Black-32GB
FS1860-Black-32GB

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, 20 Dec. 2011
This review is from: FS1860-Black-32GB (Electronics)
I had found a lot a lot of old slides and decided to copy them onto my PC. Looking for a slide copier I choose this one mainly because it came with a 32GB card.
It was only after paying for it online that I was surprised to see delivery up to a month. I asked the seller why and had a reply back " we are in the USA". Three weeks later I had a letter from UK customs asking for another £17 for duty and VAT. Eventually the unit arrived but the unit copies slides as negatives which then have to be reversed on the PC which is time consuming. The instructions do not give details how to scan slides and save as positive images and my emails to the seller have remained unanswered. The unit works fine with negatives but why all the hassle when you can buy one off the shelf from Maplins without all the import delays and costs ?

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Case (3rd Generation - 2010 release), Black
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Case (3rd Generation - 2010 release), Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle cover, 15 Oct. 2011
Does everything a cover should do, it protects, keeps clean and looks attractive.
I bought a small flex led light from Maplins for £3 so I can read in bed without the main light on.

Epson Stylus Photo PX710W All In One 6 Colour Photo Printer (Individual Inks, Screen and Integrated Wifi)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for paper bad for film, 23 July 2010
Hi, I have had several Epson printers, the last one died after 12 months with a saturated ink pad problem that would cost as much to repair by Epson agent as buying new. So I bought the RX710W. Initially impressed with photo printing but very soon the rollers would not pick up the glossy photo paper and kept saying "no paper in tray" I also need to print clear film occasionally to produce overhead projection films. The printer would not pick up the film either. Previous "top loading" printers have always worked with film, watercolour paper and glossy paper as I could help the start by gentle pushing but as the 710 is fed from the bottom this is not possible. The printer is noisy compared with previous models I have owned and because of problems with picking up glossy paper and film I regret buying it. I contacted the live help at Epson and was told Epson do not support any of their printers to print film ! and to take it to the nearest service agent which is 35 miles away.

Black and Decker GKC1817 Cordless Compact Chainsaw 18 volt
Black and Decker GKC1817 Cordless Compact Chainsaw 18 volt

4.0 out of 5 stars Black and Decker cordless chainsaw, 6 Sept. 2009
I use a normal size two stroke chainsaw which is heavy and noisy and I have to mix the fuel which for small jobs is time consuming. So I bought the cordless saw from Amazon. Its light,clean, quiet ? (compared with my petrol saw) and fits in the foot well of my ride on mower. It will cut through 4" logs if needed but I use it for branches that get in my way and pruning. The battery takes 8 hours to charge but gives about 20 Min's of cutting which is a long time for small jobs. Its never going to replace the petrol chainsaw for logging but a very handy tool that even my wife will use. Pity it didn't have the option of a spare battery from Amazon.