ARRAY(0xa60ee2dc)

Roberts Radio Pillow Talk Speaker
Offered by K.K. Electronics
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 28 Mar 2014
My wife likes the radio if she wakes during the night, I find it keeps me awake. This inexpensive device does the trick and we both are happy.

Byron Sentry BY30 Bell Push
Byron Sentry BY30 Bell Push
Offered by MCD Electrical - Established 1993
Price: 11.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 28 Mar 2014
Bought this to replace a Byron bell push that stopped working after 2-3 months and within a month this one started to give intermittent problems. Not impressed and will steer clear of Byron next time.

Kala MK-S Makala Soprano Ukulele
Kala MK-S Makala Soprano Ukulele
Offered by Omega Music
Price: 38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 12 Nov 2013
I wanted an inexpensive first instrument to find out if I enjoyed the ukulele as much as the many, many others who I was reading about. After reading the reviews and the experts, I chose this as the one for me. It seemed to offer good value as well as seeming consistently working out of the box without adjustments or problems. It loved up to my expectations and I am hooked! So much fun for so little expense.

The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
Price: 6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars A most enjoyable read, 3 Sep 2011
This book was a joy to read. A fascinating story and told so engagingly. The author's descriptive skills when conjuring up Paris, Vienna etc transported me there with vivid images. I had never heard of netsuke and found the whole book intriguing from beginning to end.

The Art of Racing in the Rain
The Art of Racing in the Rain
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, why hadn't I heard of this before, 3 Sep 2011
I can add little to the eloquent praise of previous reviewers except to ask why I had never heard of this book before. I accidentally came across someone talking about it in a chat shown (on books) on BBC2 one evening. It didn't sound my sort of thing, why would I want to read a book written by a dog? However, their review was so good as were the comments of the other participants who had read this celeb's selection I thought I'd try it. How glad I am. I have mentioned it better read friends and no one has seems to have heard of it. It really has an undeservedly low profile or I have had my head in the sand and missed the accolades.

I can only say "read it" and I hope it makes you laugh and moves you as much as it did me. You will be in for a treat.

How to Leave Twitter: My Time as Queen of the Universe and Why This Must Stop
How to Leave Twitter: My Time as Queen of the Universe and Why This Must Stop
Price: 4.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny but not engaging, 3 Sep 2011
Sadly, I did not find the book as engaging as some of your other reviewers. It made me laugh but by the time the 50% symbol came up on my Kindle I still wasn't engaged enough to want to finish it. It read too much like an overlong article in a Sunday paper colour supplement and showed little sign of development nor did it give any indication where it was going. I felt I had invested enough of my time and put it down to seek something with more structure and greater content.

I am a Twitter user (more follower than tweeter) and in the early sections of the book I recognised and shared many of the annoyances that Ms Dent highlighted so wittily. Eventually it felt as though was just reading a continued rant and lost interest.

I would not put anyone off reading her as she does have an excellent turn of phrase. I would suggest that this might be better as a paperback than as a Kindle book as it would be fun to dip in and out and skip through the book rather than read it from cover to cover.