Profile for RecklessSpirit > Reviews

Play Doh Party Pack
Play Doh Party Pack
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

3.0 out of 5 stars good for party bags, 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: Play Doh Party Pack (Toy)
Nice enough for party bags which is what I wanted them for. If buying as a present or for your own child, I would go with larger Play Doh tubs. My slight moan is that it does not show all 10 colours in the photo; and one of the colours is black. For a party pack; I would have expected brighter colours rather than having to give a black one (and white) to a child in a party bag. I am sure a young child would appreciate a more colourful tub.

Lovely Soft Baby Wrist Rattle Toy Hands Finder (Bee)
Lovely Soft Baby Wrist Rattle Toy Hands Finder (Bee)
Offered by STK e-Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice enough but from China? so not kitemark?, 16 Oct 2014
Seems to be nice enough. But was not expecting it to come from China and have to wait such a long time. Also; as it is from China, unsure if ones for sale in UK have kitemarks/been checked for EU safety. So wasn't quite what I was expecting. However, it does seem nice enough.

Sock Ons Sock Keepers Purple Size 6-12 months
Sock Ons Sock Keepers Purple Size 6-12 months
Offered by babieswithlove

5.0 out of 5 stars Love sockons, 16 Oct 2014
Love sockons. My daughter used them as a baby every day and I bought these as a present for a friend. Nice colours, good quality and stops those socks from falling off!

Ravensburger Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 3x49 piece jigsaw puzzle
Ravensburger Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 3x49 piece jigsaw puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful, excellent puzzles, 16 Oct 2014
My daughter has a few of the smaller sized Ravensburger puzzles and needed something bigger. I went for this one as she loves Mickey and I found the quality of the smaller puzzles to be very good. I am not disappointed. The puzzles are very good; different designs on the back so that you can keep them all in the same box and find the one you want easily. Nice pictures, colourful and well thought out and designed. Would definitely buy Ravensburger again.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Party - Mickey Mouse Happy Birthday Banner
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Party - Mickey Mouse Happy Birthday Banner
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 good quality banners :), 16 Oct 2014
Better than expected. I had thought I was ordering ONE banner; but its actually 5 banners joined together. So will cut them and have 5 banners instead of just one repeating banner. Looks like nice quality. Very pleased.

Maglite Boxed Mini Mag AA Torch - Red
Maglite Boxed Mini Mag AA Torch - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Love mini maglites, 13 Oct 2014
I love the mini maglites. My last one died a few years back so just got this one in and working perfectly. It has a very strong light for a torch so small and I love that you can turn it into a reading candle.

Terrain Lilac Girls Sports Velcro Strap Watch TV-1415L
Terrain Lilac Girls Sports Velcro Strap Watch TV-1415L
Offered by QBD Watches

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, works, waterproof, 13 Oct 2014
For the price - this seems to be very good. I have had it a few weeks and still working. It is waterproof and its been in the shower/bath/swimming pool. I only wanted a cheap waterproof watch as with my previous one (different make); the battery run out after a year and then it would have cost more than the watch itself to change the battery and then re-waterproof it! So I think if you need waterproof then go for a cheap one like this or a more expensive one with no battery.

The Spark: A Mother's Story of Nurturing Genius
The Spark: A Mother's Story of Nurturing Genius

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 14 Aug 2014
I really enjoyed this book; this story about Jake's development, life story and his family life. Jake's mother has done an excellent job in encouraging him to follow his interests (Physics, Maths) but also is determined for help him socially and encourages him playing sport. Not particularly well written in parts - e.g. gotten??? but the author is not a writer so I am not expecting it to be world class writing. Also the book brings in some things into the story but doesn't quite finish them off. Wes' illness for example. Ignoring these bits; this is a lovely story about a child's development and success against the odds and it is interesting to have an insight into his upbringing/home life/the day care and little light group. It has also reminded me in a way to keep encouraging what my 4 year old daughter wants to do (drawing at the moment) - I have decided to just let her draw if that is what she wants to do rather than trying "lets finish drawing now and do on a puzzle" and then getting a moody toddler. Read this book how it is meant to be taken; not as a "how to treat autism book" or a "perfect mother making others look bad" as I have seen in other reviews; but as a story about mother's love, an autistic savant and his journey so far.

LeapFrog Explorer Headphones (Green)
LeapFrog Explorer Headphones (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars great headphones for leappad, 6 Aug 2014
Work well and great for when you do not want to hear the leappad - on planes etc. Definitely worth purchasing

HG Mould Spray
HG Mould Spray

3.0 out of 5 stars black mold gone after 4X recommended sprays, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
Well it did work... but instead of the twice for bathroom sealant as suggested I had to use it about 7 times leaving it each time for half hour then spraying again. I could see that it was working as parts would go or it would fade a bit. One part of my is just wondering if it has just bleached the stuff! I didn't have much black mound; a little patch around the bath and about 5 patches in the shower. Another gripe is that the bottle spray mechanism cheap and the tube kept falling out. Not impressed about paying this much for something in a cheap bottle that takes 4X as many sprays as suggested.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10