Profile for Eric Roadknight > Reviews

Happy Birthday (Doodle) - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Happy Birthday (Doodle) - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Price: 30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 31 May 2014
Printed very well on a fairly basic home printer and looked good. My only (very) small disappointment was that, having printed it onto A4 paper it didn't exactly hold as it would have done had I bought it as a printed card, presumably because of margin settings. That said, the recipient was delighted and that's what counts!

Momentum Men's Quartz Analogueue Watches 1M-SP00W12B
Momentum Men's Quartz Analogueue Watches 1M-SP00W12B
Price: 73.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little watch, 24 Mar 2014
Arrived on time and it was even better than I had anticipated. Like my previous Momentum it's obviously well made with a good 2-tone strap. It's quite small which suits me but it might not suit others. As far as I can see it will do everything I want it to do - and do those things well. really pleased with it! Recommended.

Backlash
Backlash
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Backlash (Kindle Edition)
Like so much of the author's work, the story moves quickly but with surprising twists and turns. Towards the end it becomes even more tangled and only finally becomes clear in the last few pages. Only one question remains for me. I can't work out where the title comes from.

Hanns and Rudolf: The German Jew and the Hunt for the Kommandant of Auschwitz
Hanns and Rudolf: The German Jew and the Hunt for the Kommandant of Auschwitz
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating insight into the minds of two ordinary men, one good and one evil, 16 Jan 2014
Thoroughly researched, Thomas Harding produces an extraordinary insight into the lives and the minds of two men who, at the same time in history, were moved in opposite directions. One, conditioned by his past, took himself to a place where he carried out evil acts never previously imagined; the other, just as conditioned by his past, brought him to account. A chilling, sometimes disturbing and always fascinating book that I couldn't put down.

International Furniture and Cupboard Satin Paint Lovely Olive 750ml
International Furniture and Cupboard Satin Paint Lovely Olive 750ml
Offered by Westhoughton Hardware
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to keep?, 29 Nov 2013
I have used this paint before and found it to be excellent. The company has now been taken over by Dulux and it has been discontinued. Why? This time we used International and Dulux own cupboard paints in different areas but as part of the same redecoration project. The International paint was more than twice as good and produced a much better finish. If you can get your hands on some of the remaining stock I recommend you do.
This supplier was excellent. Helpful and prompt service. What more can you ask for?

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Price: 3.67

5.0 out of 5 stars you won't be able to put it down, 10 Aug 2013
Absolutely brilliant! Fast-paced, surprising and exciting, this is a great book! It keeps you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. I thoroughly recommend it.

2013 NIKE Storm Fit WATERPROOF Golf Cap
2013 NIKE Storm Fit WATERPROOF Golf Cap
Offered by SuperJacksGolfShop
Price: 16.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof cap, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nike Storm Fit Golf Cap (Sports)
Bought this a general purpose cap for dog walking, etc. It's not the most elegant but certainly does the job

Despicable Me [DVD] [2010]
Despicable Me [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Steve Carell
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 7.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all the family, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Despicable Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This film really is great fun and all the family, from Grandpa to the young ones, will just love it

Toshiba NB520-10R Intel Atom N570, 1GB, 250GB, 10.1", W7 Starter, Harman Kardon speakers, Bluetooth, Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY TOSHIBA, 29 Jun 2011
I bought this product and within two days it had crashed. I returned it to Toshiba for repair because I thought that would be the best course of action. After a week and a trip to Germany it arrived back. There was no confirmation that it was repaired satisfactorily; no apology; no contact at all.
As I took it out of the packaging it was apparent that it had now acquired an annoying rattle. I immediately contacted Toshiba to notify them and to ask for a replacement - I had only had it for two days! Not possible apparently; not part of the guarantee. I was told it would have to be collected and taken away again. When I said that was not convenient as I needed it they suggested I take to Gultronics in London to see if they could fix it; I live near Kettering! Even if I was prepared to do this on one of my occasional trips to London I would be very reluctant to go there. I suggest you Google the company and read the customer comments; the fact that Toshiba is prepared to recommend them speaks volumes for the company's commitment to customer service.
This could probably have been a good netbook but I would advise everyone to purchase it from a good High Street retailer that values its reputation. The least you have to do with Toshiba directly in the event of a problem the better. And the second piece of advice - don't risk it, don't buy Toshiba!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2011 5:16 PM BST