Profile for M. Finlay > Reviews

Content by M. Finlay

M. Finlay

Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Smart Phones BY OM RETROFIT (NOKIA LUMIA 830)
Offered by RS Accessorize

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor product, 5 Feb. 2015
Do not buy this. It does not fit the phone properly and leaves the protector slightly raised from the screen at the top. Also it leaves large areas at the top and bottom unprotected. I have had many glass screen protectors and this is the worst.

Omaker Intelligent 15600mAh (Dual 2.1A Output and 2.1A Input) Nice Frosted Polish Finish Portable Charger External Battery Pack Power Bank for Apple iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S,4, iPad Air 2, mini 3,Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 4, 3, 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus, LG, HTC, Motorola,Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro,more Phones and Tablets
Offered by DoReMi Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent battery pack, 28 Jan. 2015
This is a very nice piece of kit at a decent price. As I am the "technical lead" for my family of 4 who all have phones plus a couple of tablets I seemed to be responsible for ensuring they have power all the time. This does the job and feels well made and holds its charge excellently. I used on a recent 3 day family trip to London and despite being used about 7 or 8 times by different family members it was still showing 50% charge, these were not full charges I should point out.

I use it daily at work where I have my Qi charging pad plugged into it to ensure my phone is topped up all the time (we are banned from using our own chargers after an incident where someone's ecigarette blew up whilst charging) - after using it all week only one of the blue LEDs goes out so there is still plenty of capacity left in it.

I can fully endorse this product.

meZmory "Mini" 16 GB USB 2.0 Metal Flash Drive Memory Stick with hanger Waterproof and Shockproof | Silver
Offered by Tech-Surfer United Kingdom (VAT included)

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife needed a small light weight memory stick that ..., 22 Dec. 2014
My wife needed a small light weight memory stick that was hard wearing. This one fitted the bill and she uses it every day. Very quick delivery as well.

meZmory "Clip" 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Carabiner with Clip function | Black
Offered by Tech-Surfer United Kingdom (VAT included)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great memory stick, 22 Dec. 2014
A great memory stick. Well made and tough, which as it is for my son it will need to be. I can recommend this.

Unlocked Smartphone Hero V6888 4.7 Inch MTK6577 Dual Core 1.0GHz 3G Smart Phone Android 4.0 512MB RAM 4G ROM Camera 2560 x 1920 pixels WIFI GPS Dual SIM Card Dual Standby - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent bit of kit, 26 Jun. 2013
I got mine direct from China for £58 delivered. It took three weeks to come. I agree with the other review that it is a decent peice of kit. It is well put together and the dual sim functionality works well enough. Yesy the headphones and USB are recessed but that is no reason for a 1 star review. You can get extenders.

Note that mine did not come with the english Play Store. Installing was simple enough but I am an experiecned root/rom user.

Conclusions for the money this is impossible to fault.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2013 5:30 PM BST

Born to Run: The Hidden Tribe, the Ultra-Runners, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
by Christopher McDougall

1.0 out of 5 stars More fiction than non-fiction, 4 May 2012
I am an ultra-runner and was interested to have this book recommended to me by another ultra running friend. However I ended up despising the book and the author. As others have mentioned the author has a magazine style of writing. This was too much for me in a book.

The story about the Tarahumara is interesting, but deserves better treatment than it gets here. Also I totally lost the plot when the author related a chess anecdote and got it completely wrong. I can only imagine how inaccurate the rest of the anecdotes were.

However the claim that barefoot running is the cure to all running ills cannot be made without any references to back it up (this is supposed to be non-fiction after all). Then the author criticises the running shoe companies for making money but goes on to push the Vibram Five Fingers running "shoes". What McDougall fails to mention is that he is in the pay of Vibram and hosts events for them. What a shill.