Profile for Xavier Marconnet > Reviews

Content by Xavier Marconnet

Xavier Marconnet

MCAD / MCSD Training Guide: Exam 70-320: Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Visual C# .NET and the .NET Framework
by Amit Kalani

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good ... just need a little bit more to pass the exam, 4 Nov. 2004
Be prepared! This one is definitely the toughest exam of the MCSD lot. There are a lot of different topics to study for this exam.
Good news: This book covers all these areas in details and gets you well prepared for the exam. I am very glad that I chose that book indeed. It's easy to follow (well, easy-ish!) and the 15 questions exam at the end of the chapters are very useful.
Only 4 stars though, because
A) there are loads of questions on ADO.Net, XML and XSD in the exam and I feel that this book did not cover this topic in details enough.
B) I like to combine a good book to learn and Transcender to cram. So I think that you need a little bit more than just this book to pass the exam.
Still, if there was one book that I'd recommend for this exam, it would be this one!
Good luck!