ARRAY(0xa50b7c24)

Profile for BatmanBoyNJ > Reviews

Content by BatmanBoyNJ

BatmanBoyNJ "batmanboyNJ" (Hertfordshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
PS2 64MB Memory Card - 64MB memory card for Sony PS2 - Hi-TEC ESSENTIALS
PS2 64MB Memory Card - 64MB memory card for Sony PS2 - Hi-TEC ESSENTIALS
Offered by topwell
Price: 3.68

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Oct 2010
Maybe I got a faulty one, I don't know but my PS2 kept telling me it was unformatted which makes it as good as not having one at all. Got an 8MB one instead which works great.

Life in the UK Test: Study Guide 2010: The Essential Study Guide to the British Citizenship Test
by Henry Dillon

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother getting the Official Home Office book., 1 Oct 2010
This book is great. It has everything you need to learn about Life in the UK and yet it's small enough to take anywhere with you. It has a chapter about taking the test and all that, the six chapters of information for you to learn for the test, an extra chapter with a glossasy and calender of events as well as 15 practice tests for you to do. It even has a chapter on applying for your British passport and what to do when you go to the cizitenship ceremony (oath of allegiance, citizenship pledge and the words to "God Save the Queen"). If it's not enough that they have all the info and the fifteen practice tests, they've also got practice tests on the website!

I bought this book in June and didn't touch it until two weeks before my test which was on the 29th of September. I read all of the chapters and did all of the practice tests and I passed!

Don't bother getting the official Home Office version. It's bigger (A4) and twice as thick as this book but with maybe a little extra information which would just be a waste of money!

Avatar [DVD]
Avatar [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sam Worthington
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 8 Sep 2010
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
Avatar is one of the best movies I've ever watched. The ideas behind it are just genius. I went to see it twice in the cinema in 3D and I was really amazed, it was really spectacular. The colour, the sounds, the music and the storyline were really quite impressive. I read it took 15 years to make and it was definitely worth it. It's a great movie and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to truly experience cinema in the 21st century. The only downside is that watching it at home and on DVD isn't quite as amazing as watching it in a cinema with surround sound and everything being in 3D! Other than that, brilliant!

Sony DCRSX30EL Handycam Camcorder With 4GB Internal Memory (2h 55mins) - Blue
Sony DCRSX30EL Handycam Camcorder With 4GB Internal Memory (2h 55mins) - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camcorder!, 8 Sep 2010
I'm really into making videos and this camera is perfect! I'm a media student so even though we used really professional cameras at college, this camera was perfect for me to make extra little films from home. It's nice and compact and can easily fit in a coat pocket.

The zoom feature is quite impressive and zooms quite far (I managed to get some pretty good footage of the moon one night and I've filmed aeroplanes in the sky a couple of times as well) but a tripod is needed for zooming in on something really far away otherwise it gets really shaky. The picture quality is very basic but that's to be expected seeing as this is a camcorder and the ability to take still photos is just a secondary function so I'm not too bothered about that. Sound quality is pretty great as well, it may have a very small microphone on it but it picks up surrounding sounds really well. The camera recognises faces so it's quite easy to film someone and constanly focus on them if they're moving around.

The quality of the videos are great they can even be filmed in widescreen (16:9) as well and in standard or high quality. You can lower the quality of the video though to preserve battery time but I'm all for the high quality. Battery life is pretty good as well. When it's set to high quality the battery life is around 100 mins or so which is just right because you can film quite a bit in one day and then just charge it up in the evening for use again the next day. I didn't need to get a memory card because 4GB can hold 60 minutes of high quality footage which I think is pretty impressive for a camera at this price. Some might find it difficult to use the PMB software that comes with the camera but for me that was fine for just the uploading. The camera outputs .mpg files and for me they weren't a problem to edit. I found that any video editing program made by Sony will easily recognise the file format and only a few other programs (like Adobe Premiere Pro CS4) can edit the SX30's files with ease.

Overall, really satisfied with this camera. My only reason for replacing it would probably be to get an HD camcorder seeing as most TVs are coming in that format. The video and sound quality on this camera is really good and I'd recommend it.

MHP Computer Services 20m CAT5e RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Patch Lead Cable
MHP Computer Services 20m CAT5e RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Patch Lead Cable
Offered by JW ENTERPRISE
Price: 3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 8 Sep 2010
Works great. My wifi connection is disappointing so I got this in order to acces the internet from upstairs in my house and it works great. Due to the length of the cable, the connection is slightly slower but it still works great. The cable itself is a little fragile though. Because it's been stepped on a lot downstairs I've had to tape it up with insulation tape a couple of times but I guess you get what you pay for. Other than that no complaints! Recommended!

Michael Jackson's This Is It [1 Disc] [DVD] [2010]
Michael Jackson's This Is It [1 Disc] [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Michael Jackson
Offered by The Happy Zombie
Price: 1.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost for words, 8 Sep 2010
This is the greatest thing I've seen of Michael Jackson. The performance (even though it's rehearsals) is outstanding! The songs, the dancing, the dancers, the live instruments...it would have been a spectacular show! But still, this DVD is a great way to remember Michael. He's a true legend.

LG W1942S-PF 19 inch LCD Monitor 16:10 - Gloss Black
LG W1942S-PF 19 inch LCD Monitor 16:10 - Gloss Black

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 8 Sep 2010
This is great screen! I love it, HD videos show up really clearly on it and the screen is nice and wide so with the high resolution you can see everything on the screen on certain web pages without having to scroll left and right. Brilliant! And great value for money, couldn't even find anything cheaper at Dell. Recommended!

Casio F-91W-1YER Men's Resin Digital Watch
Casio F-91W-1YER Men's Resin Digital Watch
Offered by A plus Watches
Price: 7.30

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 8 Sep 2010
I've had some bad watches in the past and now I'm great I finally have something that's very good in quality. It keeps time well, it shows the date, "WE 8" (as in Wednesday the 8th of September). It's got a stopwatch, an alarm and the light is really useful for checking the time when you're in the dark. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a decent and affordable watch. No complaints about the size, not too big, not too small!

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by memorycapital
Price: 1.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 Sep 2010
Worked great! I bought two originally because I was a bit unsure after reading bad reviews. But they work great! I used them both with my Xbox 360 and now I use each cable with the two different TVs we have at home. I've had no problems with the picture on either of the TVs, clear as crystal!

Virtua Tennis 3 (Xbox 360)
Virtua Tennis 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Global Xpress
Price: 12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars So addictive!, 8 Sep 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is great! I've had so much fun playing it. The World Tour feature is just like career mode in other games. You create your own player and then you start your career. You start out ranked #300 in the world and you have to play your way to #1. In order for your player to get better you have to train him/her and you have to win tournaments to raise your rank. It gets harder as your rank gets higher and then you start to play grand slams and from there you win the King of Players tournament to be ranked #1. It's just like (what I would imagine) a proper tennis career. You get sponsered, you get free clothes from the sponsers, you get new gear when you win a tournament, you play practice matches against top players like Nadal and Federer. It's really a lot fun! I'd highly recommend it. The developers should work onj a new game though, perhaps Virtua Tennis 11 or something...?

Page: 1 | 2