Profile for Jay Bee > Reviews

I See Fire
I See Fire
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved on repeated listening, 27 July 2014
This review is from: I See Fire (MP3 Download)
Bought this as I love The Hobbit films. I did not think much of this song to start with, but have listened to it several times and it improves, a bit of a slow burner!

Will You Remember Me
Will You Remember Me
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 27 July 2014
Came across this song on youtube, as a backing track to a compilation. I loved it, and have now bought one of Roseanne Cash's albums. The music is lovely, not too country.

Bunny Suicides Grid 2013 Calendar [Calendar] by teNeues
Bunny Suicides Grid 2013 Calendar [Calendar] by teNeues
by teNeues
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 7 Aug 2013
Bought this for my son, he loves this series, he already has one of the books, and when I saw this I could not resist. Very morbid!

HTC Explorer Case White PU Leather Flip Cover With Screen Protector
HTC Explorer Case White PU Leather Flip Cover With Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 7 Aug 2013
Great price, fitted my HTC explorer, am very happy with it, seems to have stood the test of time. The magnetic clasp is great, better than a metal clip.

The Shawshank Redemption [Blu-ray]
The Shawshank Redemption [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Tim Robbins
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 7 Aug 2013
I don't know if I can add any more, it is of course a brilliant, film, great acting, and a fantastic uplifting story. One of the best films ever made, and Morgan Freeman is, just, an amazing actor.

North and South (Wordsworth Classics)
North and South (Wordsworth Classics)
by Elizabeth Gaskell
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 7 Aug 2013
One of my favourite books, it is basically a love story, but so much more than that. Elizabeth Gaskell writes about the cotton mills in a town based on Manchester, and this is the backdrop to two people from different backgrounds finding love. I will be daring and say that Mr Thornton surpasses Mr Darcy (!) but mainly because you get more of an insight into his feelings. It's a great read, and a book I can read over and over again, like Pride and Prejudice.

DIGITAL KITCHEN PROBE THERMOMETER FOOD COOKING BBQ MEAT STEAK TURKEY WINE JAM
DIGITAL KITCHEN PROBE THERMOMETER FOOD COOKING BBQ MEAT STEAK TURKEY WINE JAM
Offered by WAAHA (arrive in 8-18 days)
Price: 1.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, 7 Aug 2013
Arrived quickly, the price was great, and it does what it needs to, I have used it a few times, and am happy with it.

North & South (Complete BBC Series) [DVD]
North & South (Complete BBC Series) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniela Denby-Ashe
Price: 6.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 7 Aug 2013
I love this series, I was first lent it by a friend, and I loved it so much that I bought my own copy, and read the book by Elizabeth Gaskell. Some have compared it to Pride and Prejudice, I love that as well (the series, book, and film) but I think both are so different. North and South is a lot more gritty, and I like the way Elizabeth Gaskell writes about the cotton mills of the north, and the insight into the lives of the owners and workers. I love Richard Armitage's performance in the series, you can see that he has read the book, from the way he plays some of the scenes. All the acting is fantastic, as is how it is written. Some things have been changed from the book, but nothing crucial, and I think the series really captures the flavour of the book.

Cuisinart ICE30 ice cream maker
Cuisinart ICE30 ice cream maker
Price: 68.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 21 April 2013
I love this machine! I had always wanted an ice cream maker (mainly because I love frozen yoghurt), but could never quite justify purchasing one. Well it has been worth it! We have only had it a few weeks, but have made lovely vanilla ice cream, chocolate icecream with grated chocolate, rocky road ice cream with mini marshmallows and chopped chocolate, mango frozen yoghurt made with greek yoghurt and tinned mango, and lemon frozen yoghurt made with greek yoghurt and lemon curd. Yes you have to plan a bit (ie put the bowl into the freezer), make sure the ingredients have been mixed and chilling in the fridge for a couple of hours, but it is worth it. I think other reviewers have commented that there can be a layer of more solid icecream around the bowl where the paddle does not quite reach, but I just scrape this out with a plastic spatula after I have tipped the rest of the mixture into a tupperware tub, and mix it all together. And sometimes it is a bit soft after the recommended churning time, so it does need to be frozen for a couple of hours. Also, I don't find it a problem if it freezes solid, I just let it soften for a bit in the fridge before I want to eat it, or take the lid off and pop it in the microwave for 5 or 10 seconds. I definitely recommend this appliance, it is great fun, and will save us a fortune as we can make our own luxury ice cream, instead of paying almost 5 pounds for just half a litre of commercial ice creams. My next plan is to try a pineapple sorbet with tinned pineapple. A note about the noise, after reading the other reviews I was expecting a racket akin to a blender, but it was fine, and our kitchen is open plan onto a living area. It's only for about 20 minutes anyway.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 6 Jun 2011
This is a fun product that is easy to use - I just wrap it around my ponytail, and either just leave it like that, or fasten it with a claw clip. The colour looks natural, it's a bit lighter than my hair but it will look fine in the summer as my hair is lighter at the ends anyway. I'm really happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2